2003 Accord Sedan V6 High Inertia Intake Manifold - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #1

2003 Accord Sedan V6 High Inertia Intake Manifold

I have not been able to determine if the High Inertia Manifold' on the 7th Gen Accord V6 has the valving that the RL and the other 'High Inertial Manifolds' have. Nor have I ever seen a cut-away drawing of it. Judging by the power curve on this wonderful car it sure acts like it does. Do any of you have the answer or know where I might be able to get one?

I wonder of a Honda Engineer might be able to help if I knew who to direct my question to? Thanks,

Len Espinosa'
espinosl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #2

The dual intake/manifold is only for the 6MT.
Sadly all the 5AT J30A4 was equipped with a single length intake manifold ...

The 6MT intake manifold has several other parts that create two separate chambers in the manifold for use between high and low rpm (4K) ...

Yes it is sad for us 5AT AV6 .. the 5AT AV6, I believe, only has the high rpm intake setup, thus the engine's peak hp and tq are the same as the 6MT AV6.

Also, since our grade logic 5AT is quite smart, beyond 1st gear, the tranny will surely kick down to allow the engine rpm to be as optimum as possible .. it's only during low rpm in 1st gear that the engine's intake charge will be too low until the engine spins up in rpm.

I believe that's why Honda gave the dual intake for the 6MT .. for the times that you WOT at 2,500 rpm and are too lazy to down shift, you'll reap the benefit of the dual length/volume intakes for sure.
ipribadi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 12th, 2005, 11:41 AM   #3

Interesting. I had no idea. I wonder if it makes any sense to install a 6MT intake manifold for the 5AT? Or is it more trouble and expense than it is worth? The 5AT is very impressive at picking the right gear based on the usual inputs. I've seen test reports showing 0-60 of 6.6 with the Sedan and 5.9 with the Coupe and 6AT. I wonder how much of that is due to the lighter weight of the Coupe and the 6MT and what is due to the dual length intake manifold? Thanks for the 'heads-up'. I appreciate it.

Len
espinosl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 12th, 2005, 03:33 PM   #4
vroom vroom

The increased performance of the 6MT vs AT (coupe and sedan fair the same) has little to do with weight imo, if the coupe is any lighter the edge is taken away by the bigger wheels. Its the MT gearing and the extra grunt of the 6MT motor that makes up the performance difference.

IMO adding a CAI is a much better investment than going through the trouble of retrofiting the dual stage intake system. We've seen impressive gains from CAIs for the AT (up to 15hp )
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2005, 10:06 AM   #5

Yes, for more engine output, upgrade your CAI for the most gains.

If you still need more speed (like we all do ..) get some light weight wheels ... a good <14lb 17" rim does noticable difference to your ET.

and if you want a free mod that'll gain you about 0.05 sec ... take out your spare tire.

Remember the Lotus Elise does 0-60 in 4.7 sec with only 138 ft.lb of tq coz it only weighs 2,000lbs.
ipribadi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 07:17 PM   #6
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by espinosl
I wonder if it makes any sense to install a 6MT intake manifold for the 5AT? Or is it more trouble and expense than it is worth?
Well, SteVTEC once estimated for me that the variable intake by itself might only improve my slushy's 0-60 time by only about a tenth of a second or so. So no, imo, it wouldn't be worth the trouble and expense to acquire one and then to make it function optimally on a car that the ecu wasn't in charge of it.

Now, an Injen cai is definately worth it. Again, in my opinion (and every other Injen owner's too, I'd believe ).
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 08:33 PM   #7
^ lives for this stuff

Send a message via AIM to NDeedOne
Injen CAI..... Get It.... it's just that simple.
NDeedOne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 05:58 PM   #8
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

^
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in