Installed Borla Exhaust! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #1

Installed Borla Exhaust!

I installed borla exhaust tonight, looks good, sounds good but is a little quiet, but i am very happy with it, here is a pic

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 8th, 2005, 06:54 PM   #2
The Poker KING

Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
nice, congrats.

Don't see too many red Accords, yours looks nice, keep it up.
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2005, 06:56 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to RedBaron
It looks like you went with the Pro XS Series, thats what i put on my AV6. It is a little bit quieter than you would expect but i think it sounds bada**. Looks good tho bro, how much did it run you? If you aren't running it with a catback, you can get one made and it will give it a deeper tone. Thats what I did when I have them put on.
RedBaron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 8th, 2005, 06:57 PM   #4
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon

You should extend the tips 2 inches or so.
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #5

Yea it kinda hides underneath the rear, im not too worried about it right now but i probably will extend it a little in the future to become flush with the rear.
Old March 8th, 2005, 07:09 PM   #6
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Do you have better pics? They look blurry to me. Even so...your car looks badazz. Are you noticing a significant difference in power now that you have CAI and exhaust?
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2005, 09:27 PM   #7
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongda
You should extend the tips 2 inches or so.
Who cares how it looks? If it performs well, thats all that matters. Looks don't win you races, performance does.
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2005, 09:39 PM   #8

Yea i will post better pics in a few days, i really havent noticed anything significant in performance, but maybe after i race my friends a few times i will notice a difference!
Old March 8th, 2005, 10:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
Who cares how it looks? If it performs well, thats all that matters. Looks don't win you races, performance does.
true, but why not make it look nice @ the same time? Flush to the bumper is hella sweet, clean. U get performance and looks, why just take the performance when 2inches can make it look like a million dollars. Plus it looks cleaner! nice exhaust btw!
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2005, 10:58 PM   #10
TunerBargains.com

I wasn't aware the PRO XS is available for the 7 gen accords.

Can someone confirm? I thought they only make one cat-back and that is: Part# 140080. If I am not wrong, there is a autoparts superstore here in SoCal carrying this item instock for $599 this past weekend when I visited. I was so tempted to pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaron
It looks like you went with the Pro XS Series, thats what i put on my AV6. It is a little bit quieter than you would expect but i think it sounds bada**. Looks good tho bro, how much did it run you? If you aren't running it with a catback, you can get one made and it will give it a deeper tone. Thats what I did when I have them put on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ucipimp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2005, 07:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucipimp
I wasn't aware the PRO XS is available for the 7 gen accords.

Can someone confirm? I thought they only make one cat-back and that is: Part# 140080. If I am not wrong, there is a autoparts superstore here in SoCal carrying this item instock for $599 this past weekend when I visited. I was so tempted to pick it up.
I dont know, but mine is the Borla catback i bought it from ajusa.com for about $620 shipped
Old March 17th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #12

Here are some day pics...

Old March 17th, 2005, 01:49 PM   #13
fonda my honda

Send a message via AIM to tx03coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
true, but who says he's not concerned with looks as well? i think if he wanted to "win races" with no concern for looks, he would have purchased a different vehicle.
tx03coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 17th, 2005, 04:47 PM   #14
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
if you want a little better tone/volume on your exhaust i have the same setup (borla catback) and i had the two extra resonators removed in the pipe from the cat to the Y and it sounds so much better now. took it to a local exhaust shop and got it done for 40 bucks.
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 17th, 2005, 04:47 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to Intricate Send a message via Yahoo to Intricate
that looks nice, I like it. BTW what rims are those?
Intricate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 17th, 2005, 04:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intricate
that looks nice, I like it. BTW what rims are those?
They are 19" Axis Seven Mods
Old March 17th, 2005, 05:17 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to Intricate Send a message via Yahoo to Intricate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
They are 19" Axis Seven Mods
Awww thats why they look so clean
Intricate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 17th, 2005, 06:54 PM   #18
_

looks damn good. I didn't like the look of the borla before, but it looks good on your car. good job. the red is sick too.
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 17th, 2005, 11:26 PM   #19
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin6speed
if you want a little better tone/volume on your exhaust i have the same setup (borla catback) and i had the two extra resonators removed in the pipe from the cat to the Y and it sounds so much better now. took it to a local exhaust shop and got it done for 40 bucks.
how is this done? they just cut off the resonators? $40 is quite cheap i think. i like the sound as is, i mean if its louder i wouldnt have problems with it but its going to be hard to talk in the car, i like to talk to my lady friends in the car hehehe. when i have my boys in there, the car stereo is on and there is silence haha
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2005, 01:33 AM   #20

it's still talkable, my gf is with my majority of the time, it's loud enuf to make u happy, yet quiet enuf to still talk.

$40 is normal, it's only about a 10-20 min job. I sat there and watched, and voila, it was done in about 15 mins. I got mine done for $30 CDN, so that's about 25 USD.

The cut, the put on a new pipe which is about a foot long, done. simple.
Old March 18th, 2005, 04:17 AM   #21
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilverbullet
it's still talkable, my gf is with my majority of the time, it's loud enuf to make u happy, yet quiet enuf to still talk.

$40 is normal, it's only about a 10-20 min job. I sat there and watched, and voila, it was done in about 15 mins. I got mine done for $30 CDN, so that's about 25 USD.

The cut, the put on a new pipe which is about a foot long, done. simple.
hmm im interested in this now. where on the piping does the cutting take place? here is a pic of my borla b4 i got it installed. thanks
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2005, 04:43 AM   #22

it's the middle part of your muffler, the part which looks like a "MINI" rectangle muffler. If u take that out, it'll give u a nice tone. I would avoid taking out that last resonator (the thin cylinder one) cause from previous threads i've read for the 6th generation, u might get some raspy BEE LIKE sound if u do. U should be fine if u removed just the Premuffler (the middle muffler in your system).
Old March 18th, 2005, 04:45 PM   #23
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

Borla has a pre-muffler on their cat back system? I did not know that. My Greddy cat-back didn't come with one, but it came with 2 resonators.
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2005, 07:26 PM   #24
Your Mom Drives a Honda

nope you can take them both out...all i have on mine is the two mufflers with the tips and it sounds mean as hell....it is great you can feel a nice growl at low rpms and i love it....have had no problems and have had it done for a couple weeks and have probably driven 500 miles so far and it hasnt got annoying or sounded bad yet....so i disagree with the BEE LIKE sound....you can't base it on the setup on a 6th gen because they arent the same....cut them both off, welded in one piece of pipe and love the sound...worse case scenario if it is too loud you can always have one of them welded back on...
Old March 20th, 2005, 08:56 PM   #25

constant growl w/out any kind of distortion w/both resonators out? u got a sound clip? if that's the case, i just might take my resonator out too. =p.

I compared 2 sound clips of a 6gen v6, you can't tell the different off hand, just one is louder, but when u compare and listen for the comparison, there is a SLIGHT difference, a tiny bit of distortion. But when i first heard the clip, i never noticed it, but when i heard the sound clip w/the res on, i could clearly hear it. If u get the chance, it would be great if u can post up a sound clip to compare, cause my previous friends that removed resonators from their car, they get that small distortion when you start work'n the throttle (to the normal ear, u can't hear it, but when u compare it side by side, u can notice it).

btw: if your going borla, and dun want resonators, it's a waste of money to buy the catback dun u think? u can just buy the mufflers, and have a shop make the same straight through piping for a fraction of the cost. That woudl be exactly the same setup as borla w/out res and premufflers.

Last edited by $ilverbullet; March 20th, 2005 at 08:58 PM..
Old March 21st, 2005, 09:04 AM   #26
Your Mom Drives a Honda

yea if i could get off my lazy arse sometime i would be mroet han happy to get a sound clip...lol....unfortunately i am without a car for a week because i'm going snowboarding and there is no way i'm taking my car anywhere near the snow......i love the sound when i get on it and it is still the same in relation to the sound...really nice until about 3 or 4k and then the intake starts screaming....at higher rpms you can't even hear the exhaust but I am very pleased with the work.

i agree with the muffler thing. If i had known that i was going to chop this one in to pieces i would have just had the shop make me a custom setup with a set of Comptech mufflers or something but for the money and the reviews thought the borla would be the best but wasnt really happy with the sound output....so i figure for a fraction of the price if you arent concerned about the resonators you should just do a custom piping from the cat to a y-pipe and do some awesome mufflers.....or even better get some custom j-pipes and make it a true dual with some nice mufflers.....now that i see that being done i might just rip my system off and start a new....but sound clips are def on the way as soon as i get back in town
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in