Tanabe vs Borla - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2005, 01:14 AM   #1

Tanabe vs Borla

I'm buying my exhaust soon and i still can't decide if i should get the borla or the tanabe! i heard both are really good but i don't really know which ones better performance wise. Can u guys share your opinions? thanks
AccordLeGeNd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 10th, 2005, 01:33 AM   #2
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordLeGeNd
I'm buying my exhaust soon and i still can't decide if i should get the borla or the tanabe! i heard both are really good but i don't really know which ones better performance wise. Can u guys share your opinions? thanks
depends what u want? i think both look proper (size wise)...but the tanabe is louder than the borla. i have the borla and im pretty happy with it, im still able to talk to the passengers in the car lol. u hear a deep hum from 1-3k rpm and after that it goes away (thats when the cai kicks in with vtec haha)
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2005, 07:43 PM   #3

quick question for u....i was reading that the borla pipes are really small....not even 2".... is this true? they also claim 12 hp gain....do u feel the hp gain? im really close to buying the borla so i jes wanna know everything b4 i waste 600 bux hahah.....thx
AccordLeGeNd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 12th, 2005, 01:47 AM   #4
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordLeGeNd
quick question for u....i was reading that the borla pipes are really small....not even 2".... is this true? they also claim 12 hp gain....do u feel the hp gain? im really close to buying the borla so i jes wanna know everything b4 i waste 600 bux hahah.....thx
yes they claim to add 12hp, but honestly i got it for the look and tone...i felt no hp difference at all. here is some pix of the system i took of

Old March 12th, 2005, 02:04 AM   #5
clear the way!!!

Send a message via AIM to adamkim83
i think if ur going for a quieter more subtle sounding exhaust i say go with the borla (plus it doesnt really attract cops as much)...my friend has the tanabe and its got a sweet sound to it pretty much at all rpms but the cans are a little too big....i guess it all depends on you
adamkim83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 12th, 2005, 07:28 AM   #6

Yea i just installed borla the other day i was a little disappointed in the size of the pipes where it splits to the mufflers, but overall i am happy with the exhaust, i wish it was a little louder sometimes, but atleast it looks a little stock and doesnt sound obnoxiously loud!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2005, 03:12 PM   #7

If an exhaust looks stock and you cant feel a hp gain whats the point in spending $600 for it, I'm confused.
Nsaladino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #8
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsaladino
If an exhaust looks stock and you cant feel a hp gain whats the point in spending $600 for it, I'm confused.
it doesnt look EXACTLY stock, but its not really obvious unless u got your eyes on it for a bit. magnaflow, greddy, tanabe, and borla are the most popular catbacks amongst our cars.....and ask anyone who has any of those, u wont feel hp or torque gain, altho itwill prolly bump your dyno up some what, its all about the tone and styling man. if u compare the stock exhaust with that of the borla, im sure u can tell hte diff
Old March 13th, 2005, 09:51 PM   #9

$600 is expensive, since there are no huge hp gains, that's whyi went for custom catback. For 1/2 the price, u can customize.
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2005, 12:44 AM   #10
can't go lower...FML

silver, u say u customized. what kinda mufflers did you go with? im thinking about going single hks , dual megan carbon fiber exhausts, or a new jap brand that just started making universal but b4, they only made it for wrxs.. hks i can get it around 260, megan for less than 200, and the last one for 300... which would u go for?
as2222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2005, 01:03 AM   #11

i went comptech, cause i wasn't sure about those megan ones on ebay, since there were peeps that had comptech, it was safe bet to get. The only risk of going w/other universals, is sound...those canisters are round compared to other mufflers which are oval (wide). Round canisters from experience will give u a slighter higher pitch tone compared to wide oval one which is deeper in tone. A lot of these universals, are put on 4bangers, i personally don't know how it would sound, but it would fit nice, but if u have the time, search ebay for the comptech's, $90 ish for 2 mufflers on clearance.
Old March 14th, 2005, 01:08 PM   #12
can't go lower...FML

hmm.. so basically .. oval for deeper... round for higher pitch.. a lot of people say that greddys have the perfect sound and that comptech and borla are not so loud... and dissatisfied with the looks. I think the ill go for the japanese brand..
as2222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2005, 02:16 PM   #13

i have pics of my muffler on cardomain under bigbadpoppa, a rear shot. For my oval muffler, it was put in so it's pretty much hidden, i think it's one of the cleanest setup here. Most peeps either have their tips too far back or too far out, or their canister hanging a bit too low.
Old March 14th, 2005, 05:34 PM   #14
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by as2222
hmm.. so basically .. oval for deeper... round for higher pitch.. a lot of people say that greddys have the perfect sound and that comptech and borla are not so loud... and dissatisfied with the looks. I think the ill go for the japanese brand..
Dissatisfied with how the Comptechs look?

These puppies sound badazz and I think look great! They're expensive and worth every cent IMO!

flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in