Need HELP with catalytic converter cut off... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 12th, 2005, 07:42 PM  
Your V6P Snake Champion

Need HELP with catalytic converter cut off...

I want to cut my cats off what do i need to do to make the computer not think the cat has a hole in it so the computer wont mess with my car. Need help
oswhiteboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2005, 10:43 PM  
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswhiteboy
I want to cut my cats off what do i need to do to make the computer not think the cat has a hole in it so the computer wont mess with my car. Need help
plz rephrase that long sentence. use some periods and commas, reading that gave me a headache and also why are u doing this? why not get a catback or at least a decent muffler or something
wj4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old March 12th, 2005, 11:42 PM  
Your V6P Snake Champion

Thank you mr. Phd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
plz rephrase that long sentence. use some periods and commas, reading that gave me a headache and also why are u doing this? why not get a catback or at least a decent muffler or something
I didnít know this forum was for English majors. If it is then you shouldn't abbreviate please with "plz." You also must not have know in the English language we capitalize the first word in our sentences. Why am I cutting my cats off you ask. Well to free up horses my friend. It is better to get rid of them all than to get a catback, you will have a larger horsepower gain if you cut them off. So in your next post if you want to try to sound all intellectual, maybe then you should use proper English yourself. Iím asking a question I want results not grammar corrections.

Old March 13th, 2005, 12:02 AM  
wj4

Quote:
I didnít know this forum was for English majors. If it is then you shouldn't abbreviate please with "plz." You also must not have know in the English language we capitalize the first word in our sentences. Why am I cutting my cats off you ask. Well to free up horses my friend. It is better to get rid of them all than to get a catback, you will have a larger horsepower gain if you cut them off. So in your next post if you want to try to sound all intellectual, maybe then you should use proper English yourself. Iím asking a question I want results not grammar corrections.
WOW, i didnt even come attacking at u, i just told u to make it understandable rather than TYPINGLIKETHISWITHNOPERIODSORCOMMAS....newbies these days
i dont use perfect english on msgboards because i already do that in school, but i make it understandable....and youre right dude, cutting off cats=150 whp woooooooooooo! funny no one found out the secrets of cutting off the cats huh, we're just wasting our money on custom true duals and catback systems *sniff sniff*
wj4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2005, 12:05 AM  
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Quote:
I didnít know this forum was for English majors. If it is then you shouldn't abbreviate please with "plz." You also must not have know in the English language we capitalize the first word in our sentences. Why I cutting my cats off you ask. Well to free up horses my friend. It is better to get rid of them all than to get a catback, you will have a larger horsepower gain if you cut them off. So in your next post if you want to try to sound all intellectual, maybe then you should use proper English yourself. Iím asking a question I want results not grammar corrections.
Allow me to correct your grammar good sir:

Quote:
If it is then you shouldn't abbreviate please with "plz."
If it is, then you shouldn't abbreviate the adverb "please" with "plz."

Quote:
You also must not have know in the English language we capitalize the first word in our sentences.
You also must have not known, that in the English language, the first word of a sentence is to be capitalized.

Quote:
Why I cutting my cats off you ask.
First off, this one is just sickening. You failed to include a verb in your first independent-interrogative clause. A proper verb to insert would be the word "am", which if the present singular form of the verb "be." As this is a rethorical question, you also failed to insert the proper punctuation at the end of the sentence...a question mark would have been appropriate here.

Why am I cutting my cats off you ask?

Quote:
Well to free up horses my friend.
Allow me to insert a small tidbit of automotive theory here: Horses are not 'freed up." I'm sure you're aware of the fact that there is not a stable of horses under your hood...nor is there a secret stable within the limits of your exhaust system. You have failed to realize that power is lost through what is referred to as "pumping losses" in an internal combustion engine, as the motor is essentially a pump in of itself. By the way, due to your inherent sarcasm, I fail to see the connection between you and this other gentleman as a note of friendship at this point.

To reduce pumping losses and strive to increase greater airflow efficiency in the exhaust system to help increase torque in the higher range of the rev band, while sacrificing the same force where it matters more in this application, in the low end.

Quote:
It is better to get rid of them all than to get a catback, you will have a larger horsepower gain if you cut them off.
This is inaccurate, it is not neccessarly better to remove all of the converters. Have you considered that by removing your catalytic converters, you are releasing excess hydrocarbons into the ambient air? So that next time your motor completes a combustion cycle, it's breathing in dirtier, less pure air which attributes to power losses as well.

There's a good chance that by removing the more restrictive components of my exhaust system, that I will have a larger higher torque gain in the upper region of the rev-band, and hopefully these proposed gains will outweigh the effects of polluted air on my engine, and more importantly to some: The environment.

Quote:
So in your next post if you want to try to sound all intellectual, maybe then you should use proper English yourself.
I'm going to ask that you, yourself use proper grammar before requiring others to improve upon their personal writing skills...there are absolutely no double standards here.

Perhaps in your next post, you may choose to yourself use proper grammar before attempting to criticize that of my own.

Quote:
Iím asking a question I want results not grammar corrections.
I'm asking a question for the other members to answer, not for you to correct my absolutely impeccable grammar skills.

--------------------------------------------

Now lets put this all together into one paragraph:

If it is, then you shouldn't abbreviate the adverb "please" with "plz. "You also must have not known, that in the English language, the first word of a sentence is to be capitalized. Why am I cutting my cats off you ask?To reduce pumping losses and strive to increase greater airflow efficiency in the exhaust system to help increase torque in the higher range of the rev band, while sacrificing the same force where it matters more in this application, in the low end. There's a good chance that by removing the more restrictive components of my exhaust system, that I will have a larger higher torque gain in the upper region of the rev-band, and hopefully these proposed gains will outweigh the effects of polluted air on my engine, and more importantly to some: The environment. Perhaps in your next post, you may choose to yourself use proper grammar before attempting to criticize that of my own. I'm asking a question for the other members to answer, not for you to correct my absolutely impeccable grammar skills.

Now who understands what he's attempting to explain to us?

Now please understand that I'm not attacking you personally, but if you are going ot attack someone else's gramattical skills, you must first ensure that of your own are up to par as well. Regardless, I digress. To answer your original question, you will need some sort of "magic black box" device to falsify O2 sensor readings to the ECU. Do a search for them

That is all
-James
N54TT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2005, 12:11 AM  
best mod is the driver

Two words...emissions laws. Unless your car is for off-road purposes only, then by all means, go ahead.

Thanks for ruining the environment.
05AI4Coupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2005, 12:23 AM  
Your V6P Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05AI4Coupe
Two words...emissions laws. Unless your car is for off-road purposes only, then by all means, go ahead.

Thanks for ruining the environment.
First off let me say thank you James for giving me the answer to my question.
You know what F*ck the environment Your probably against drilling in Alaska so THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE GAS PRICE BEING SO HIGH!
Im just asking a question on to how to keep the check engine light from coming on. If you dont know the answer then dont post up BS.

Last edited by oswhiteboy; March 13th, 2005 at 12:26 AM..
Old March 13th, 2005, 12:28 AM  
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Quote:
First off let me say thank you James for giving me the answer to my question.
You know what F*ck the environment Your probably against drilling in Alaska so THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE GAS PRICE BEING SO HIGH!
Im just asking a question on to how to keep the check engine light from coming on. If you dont know the answer then dont post up BS.
Thanks for editing your post, I was halfway through clicking the ban button

Keep your temper in check, we would all appreciate that
Old March 13th, 2005, 12:35 AM  

All yall need to chill. Whiteboy dont get so upset so easy. seems like everyone in this thread is a little over easy if ya know what im saying.
hardworker4life is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2005, 12:40 AM  
Your V6P Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardworker4life
All yall need to chill. Whiteboy dont get so upset so easy. seems like everyone in this thread is a little over easy if ya know what im saying.
First off let me just say im sorry for getting mad at all you. I felt like everyone was ganging up on me. Ill put it in the past and move on you all are part of my v6 family so apologizes go out. Thanks for not banning me
Old March 13th, 2005, 01:44 AM  

Quote:
You know what F*ck the environment
this is the most ignorant comment i've ever heard on this forum so far. F* the environment? ok there buddy. u think u would be here if everyone thought like u? you'd be living in knee high sewage...ignorance...

Last edited by $ilverbullet; March 13th, 2005 at 03:12 AM..
$ilverbullet is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2005, 02:52 AM  

i believe our cars have 3 cats, the two that are basically connected to the engine block have sensors in them, those two you can not do anything about, sorry tough luck got to leave those, there's one more cat on the bottom of the car, that you can remove without the ecu going crazy.
XplicitAzian is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2005, 09:35 AM  
rice?..not my car...EH!!!

Quote:

I read a post awhile back(don't know where it is) that some one removed the two cats near the engine on his accord. I believe that it produced a substantial gain in hp, like 20-25whp more.
In an article I read in sportcompact, car they removed the close cat in header manifold off a sentra spec-v and gained an additional 25whp hp.
IMO having the cats so close to the engine robs alot of hp.
If some one were to go this rute, Emmisions wise I believe in leaving in the third cat at the bottom, our cars are pretty effecient and don't need 3 cats. It's not likely that with 2 of the cats removed the car will ever mach the output of emisions that say a 5000 pound SUV will pump out.
I didn't remove the cats in manifold simply because it is extensive mod and costly. Not to mention it could probably mess around with the ecu. I just removed the third cat.
S.A.M6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2005, 09:58 AM  
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Quote:
First off let me just say im sorry for getting mad at all you. I felt like everyone was ganging up on me. Ill put it in the past and move on you all are part of my v6 family so apologizes go out. Thanks for not banning me

I'm going to close this down now that you got your answer and people are starting to argue again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in