Injen cai installation instructions - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2005, 03:25 AM   #1

Injen cai installation instructions

Can anyone please post up the actual Injen cai installation innstructions?
i'm confused in how to re-route the small coolant lines. like there is a metal pipe connected to the stock intake. What do i have to do with that?
navi601 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 15th, 2005, 11:48 AM   #2

anyone??
Old March 15th, 2005, 12:03 PM   #3
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by navi601
anyone??
i followed the instruction from the box and in this link here and i got my injen cai in about 3 hrs (because it was my frist time doing this and i started at 7pm and it was dark lol). i also took off the battery to make sure the tubing of the cai doesnt rub, dont want a scratch on a black finish cai
http://216.210.203.37/cai_ins/
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 15th, 2005, 12:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
i followed the instruction from the box and in this link here and i got my injen cai in about 3 hrs (because it was my frist time doing this and i started at 7pm and it was dark lol). i also took off the battery to make sure the tubing of the cai doesnt rub, dont want a scratch on a black finish cai
http://216.210.203.37/cai_ins/

Yah. I've read this site before. I do not have the instruction form the original box and this site didn't specify how to reroute the coolant lines... but thanks for your response
Old March 15th, 2005, 12:58 PM   #5
wj4

Quote:
Yah. I've read this site before. I do not have the instruction form the original box and this site didn't specify how to reroute the coolant lines... but thanks for your response
aww that sucks, man its been a while since i installed mine in. but i know u take out that peice of metal and use the plastic parts to connect the tubes together. i know it sounds very sketchy...hopefully someone can help out with this
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 07:10 PM   #6
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
anyone??
What ever happened navi601? Did you get it figured out??
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #7
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
ok i just did my v2 install

i didnt touch the coolant lline.

what happens is that the coolant line and the breather hose are attached to each other by hard plastic. what me and my roommate did was cut the rubber part of the breather hose that is attaced to the metal part of the engine, and then we basically left it hanging up there as a piece of plastic tubing doing nothing.

the coolant line was also attaced to it and we didnt touch that at all, we use the hose they provided with the intake to attach it to the engine and then to the intake.

so thats what you do with the coolant line, you dont touch it at all.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2005, 12:11 PM   #8

use the pieace of plastic to connect the coolant line .... i just did mine like 2 nights ago .. and do anyone els hears a wissleing sound when u step on the gas ?? or is it just mine .. it sould like air going into the intake but not 100% surre
aznsouljaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2005, 09:38 PM   #9
Squarely Stock

yeah i hear this whistling sound too. I'm not sure what it is, but it's only when accelerating.
vsubbiah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 02:43 AM   #10

haha...the whistling is normal...that's just air. Try running your car w/out any intake in a garage, the whistling sound is really loud...i did this in my garage, then after, it smelled like gasoline also...
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 08:56 AM   #11

The Injen install was easy IMO. The V2 a lil more challenging. The coolant line is easy, you guys make it sound so hard. Remove the metal tubing but drain the excess coolant into a water bottle. Then for the injen install, use the plastic piece and attach the 2 hoses together. For the V2 remove the the ruber hoses and install the new one supplied with the intake. Take your time, follow instructions and do it right the 1st time. Instead of riggin things or leaven parts attached that serve no purpose anymore. If you cant do the job right, dont get under the hood, hehe
6SpeedMaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 02:44 PM   #12
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedMaster
The Injen install was easy IMO. The coolant line is easy, you guys make it sound so hard. ..........Remove the metal tubing but drain the excess coolant into a water bottle. Then for the injen install, use the plastic piece and attach the 2 hoses together........Take your time, follow instructions and do it right the 1st time. Instead of riggin things or leaven parts attached that serve no purpose anymore. If you cant do the job right, dont get under the hood, hehe
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in