impressed by GREDDY but ????? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2005, 11:32 AM   #1

impressed by GREDDY but ?????

i always figured the greddy exhaust was goin to look ugly because of the huge cans everyone talks about, BUT this weekend i saw them in person, all i can say is WOW! it looks great BUT when you dont have the back lip covering it up.

SO this is my idea, im goin to go ahead and get greddy, but i have the lip kit on my ride, so to not get the exhuast extended, since its expensive as heck, im goin to just take the back lip of and let the rest be. Would this actually make my car look retarded or is it acceptable? what other Ideas are out there besides extendin my exhuast?
04DCspeedV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 14th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #2

yo i still got dibs on ur stock exhaust haha
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2005, 11:42 AM   #3

lol sounds good dude

Old March 14th, 2005, 11:47 AM   #4

when u expect to get the exhaust chris?
Old March 14th, 2005, 01:04 PM   #5
can't go lower...FML

does it really cost that much to get the exhaust extended?
can't you just customize for a cheap price?
as2222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2005, 02:37 PM   #6
_

a lot of people have their cars with just the front and side kit and no rear. you're saying the greddy exhaust looks better with no kit in the rear? i thought it would help hide those cans. the tips on that exhaust are the perfect size, but the coffee cans suck.
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2005, 04:49 PM   #7

were you at the bwimports meet on friday?
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2005, 11:17 PM   #8

expensive to extend? chop the pipe, find the same size pipe, add on an xtra few inches that u need, done! chop the pipe right where the muffler and axle back meet. U can get this done very affordably, 50-70 USD. It's only about 1hr of work.
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2005, 11:28 PM   #9
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04DCspeedV6
i always figured the greddy exhaust was goin to look ugly because of the huge cans everyone talks about, BUT this weekend i saw them in person, all i can say is WOW! it looks great BUT when you dont have the back lip covering it up.

SO this is my idea, im goin to go ahead and get greddy, but i have the lip kit on my ride, so to not get the exhuast extended, since its expensive as heck, im goin to just take the back lip of and let the rest be. Would this actually make my car look retarded or is it acceptable? what other Ideas are out there besides extendin my exhuast?
My opinion? Yeah...I think your kit will look incomplete without the rear lip. I've seen a few cars without the rear lip and it doesn't look right to me. Check around the v6p gallery or car domain for pics. I think the HFP aero kit looks good complete so my recommendation to you is to leave it as is and try to figure out a way to extend the tip if you're getting GReddy.

$ilverbullet has a good idea if you don't mind going that route.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 15th, 2005, 01:25 PM   #10
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
I cant imagine that it would be expensive at all to extend it. I have the borla catback system and went into the shop today to have them cut out the two restonators after the cat and weld in a new piece of pipe and they made two cuts and two bends and welded it on all for 40 bucks. So i cant imagine that if they only have to make a minor cut(s) that it would be much more if anymore than 40 or 50 dollars.
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 15th, 2005, 01:26 PM   #11
Your Mom Drives a Honda

BTW will hopefully post sound clips of the new setup....i love it much more of a growl now and it still lets the intake scream out.
Old March 15th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin6speed
I cant imagine that it would be expensive at all to extend it. I have the borla catback system and went into the shop today to have them cut out the two restonators after the cat and weld in a new piece of pipe and they made two cuts and two bends and welded it on all for 40 bucks. So i cant imagine that if they only have to make a minor cut(s) that it would be much more if anymore than 40 or 50 dollars.
where did you go to do that?
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 15th, 2005, 04:52 PM   #13
Your Mom Drives a Honda

just went to the local muffler/exhaust shop....its much louder and has a much more threatening sound in my oppinion.....i can see where it would have a dronning effect at low rpms while driving but if i'm driving a long distance and i'm not runnin it hard i just leave it in 5th instead of 6th and that eliminates the consistant vrooommm....i'm willing to sacrifice a little gas for a little sound....
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:04 PM   #14

wheres the shop? where in DC area are you from? b.c thats a real good deal for this rip-off of an area
Old March 15th, 2005, 08:51 PM   #15
Your Mom Drives a Honda

im a good distance from DC actually I go to Marshall University in Huntington, WV which is about 20 mins from the KY/WV border. There are a bunch of exhaust shops around here and that was the basic price at all the shops around here....it was a really basic process and the way he did it was that he cut it off at the beginning of the first resonator....the long one...and the other end of the second one and just made one pipe and 2 welds....and it only took about 40 mins total, guy stopped to grab lunch in the middle to..haha....just take it to a small garage that has the ability to do a little cutting and welding and you should be good to go....
Old March 15th, 2005, 08:56 PM   #16

oh ok this makes sense then because you are far from the hellhole aka "beltway" so the price that you were charged was reasonable. around here like most major metropolitan areas, people are out to get ya! beware!
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #17
Your Mom Drives a Honda

yea it makes it nice.....and ive built up a relationship with the guys i do business with so it makes it a little easier to not have to worry about gettin ripped off....how much do places charge to put on springs in ur area
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:05 PM   #18

a few hundred, but my friends are going to help me with my shocks, springs, camber, sway when im ready to install sometime this spring
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:10 PM   #19
Your Mom Drives a Honda

man that really stinks....the custom shop i go to will put in my shocks and springs for 100 bucks and they do it good and fast....that really blows that they give you such a price hike....my buddy has an evo and he is gettin a new shift cable put in, new suspension (purchasing the supsension included) drilled rotor install(and purchase) new blow off valve and electonic stablizer installed, and tuning his turbo timer, and installing carbon fiber mirrors all for under 2 grand.
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:09 PM   #20
The Anti-Virus

Send a message via Yahoo to smithz
In case anyone still cares... I've got the GReddy setup with the rear oem lip. Here's couple pics...
Everyone that's ever seen it said they really like the way the exhaust was tucked in instead of sticking out... a little thermal tape to help keep it from melting the bumper worked. Granted the inner lip of the cutout is black and a bit chewed up from vibration... but who cares you can't see it anyways...

smithz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:13 PM   #21

yeah chris , 04DCspeedV6, needs to see those pics b.c he has exact same color and drop. great car smithz, very clean and tight, keep it up man.
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:18 PM   #22

smithz, what kinda drop do you have? and are those konig wheels? car looks sick man, i think i may be picking up the greddy soon.
blkcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:21 PM   #23
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddy21
yeah chris , 04DCspeedV6, needs to see those pics b.c he has exact same color and drop. great car smithz, very clean and tight, keep it up man.
Thanks... hopefullt the pics will help him decide. Personally I wouldn't trade my EVO2 catback for anything else... huge cans aside... I still think this is the best exhaust for our cars. It sounds incredible and the borla and magnaflo look a bit too stock for me. Besides the gains were pretty damn good too. Given that I'm at +5000ft in elevation and my car is an auto, I dyno'd 207hp and 178ft.lbs. at the wheels. I've seen a stock dynos around 180hp at the wheels. And that's only with a AEM v2 and the GReddy exhaust... take a peek:

Old March 15th, 2005, 10:28 PM   #24
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcoupe
smithz, what kinda drop do you have? and are those konig wheels? car looks sick man, i think i may be picking up the greddy soon.
I don't know the exact drop since I have groundcontrol coilovers... but it's probably about 2" in the front and 1.5-1.75 in the rear. Again that's just a guess... here a pic with everything the same before the drop. So you can guess... And yes those are konig absoluts. You should talk to tracey if you want to buy it (greddy), if I remember right I got it from him for around $800 shipped. Email him and ask him, tell him that I sent you. [email protected], his site is www.atmotorsports.com but I don't think he has the exhaust up there. He's a real good guy and actually gives a **** about customer service. (sorry didn't mean to sound like a comercial, but I've bought alot of stuff through him because he always found the best price).

Old March 15th, 2005, 10:40 PM   #25

cool, thanx for the headsup on the site. Im still debating on gc's or just tein s springs...i doubt id ever adjust the gc's. And ive been lookin at those wheels or the prophets.
blkcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 15th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #26
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcoupe
cool, thanx for the headsup on the site. Im still debating on gc's or just tein s springs...i doubt id ever adjust the gc's. And ive been lookin at those wheels or the prophets.
No problem. I've been happy with these wheels... they have survived a couple serious hits (roads in colorado suck) without getting bent... so they are definitely strong. You can ask tracey for prices on the gc's and tein's too... he will also usually be able to price match anywhere too. I got my gc's from him for around $360 shipped if I remember right...

But we are getting off topic... sorry guys.
Old March 16th, 2005, 11:11 AM   #27

Smithz SWEET RIDE!!!! thanks alot for the pics also, your ride looks HOT!!! and those dyno results are very impressive. After seeing how you set it up, i think im gonna do it the same way without extending. Raddy im looking at maybe 2 months more until i get my exhaust.

Heres another Q though- WHERE can i get the greddy exhaust for a very, VERY good price?
Old March 16th, 2005, 11:28 AM   #28

Quote:
Raddy im looking at maybe 2 months more until i get my exhaust.
damn man hmm
Old March 16th, 2005, 01:07 PM   #29
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Smithz SWEET RIDE!!!! thanks alot for the pics also, your ride looks HOT!!! and those dyno results are very impressive. After seeing how you set it up, i think im gonna do it the same way without extending. Raddy im looking at maybe 2 months more until i get my exhaust.

Heres another Q though- WHERE can i get the greddy exhaust for a very, VERY good price?
I think I posted this above somewhere... but email [email protected]. I got mine from him for around $800 shipped. He price matched some other site so if you find it cheaper somewhere he will work with you. He's real good about taking care of you.
Old March 19th, 2005, 02:36 PM   #30

thanks alot man, im gonna go ahead and do it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in