Throttle Body Spacer - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2005, 06:21 PM   #1
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

Throttle Body Spacer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33558

Is this for real or what? The guy has excellent feedback, 100% infact.

What do ya'll think?
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2005, 06:28 PM   #2
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sync
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33558

Is this for real or what? The guy has excellent feedback, 100% infact.

What do ya'll think?
has anyone installed this b4 and see noticeably gain? and i looked at the auction, it appears legit to me, he has almost 400 feedbacks and theyre all positive.
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 08:11 PM   #3
OJ Orignal Jew

Send a message via AIM to jiggerman78
I have it i feel better acceleration but its prolly just myself trying 2 say i didnt get scammed.
It doesnt exactly fit, the bolts they give dont fit, and 2 of your bolts dont come out
jiggerman78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 27th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #4
Your V6P Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
has anyone installed this b4 and see noticeably gain? and i looked at the auction, it appears legit to me, he has almost 400 feedbacks and theyre all positive.
The thing is with this spacer is that it is large whole with threads that spins the air. Well the problem is our stock throttle body has a small hole so when the air goes through the spacer it will not have enough airflow to make the air spin. This spacer wont make a difference unless you have a larger throttle body and from what i have seen none are available for our cars. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY
oswhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 10:21 PM   #5
Biohazard Level 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggerman78
I have it i feel better acceleration but its prolly just myself trying 2 say i didnt get scammed.
It doesnt exactly fit, the bolts they give dont fit, and 2 of your bolts dont come out
I have heard that the having the TB spacer causes the air make different noises. Is this true from your experience?
Scubaman3D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:05 PM   #6

Yah, i have one in my 04 accord, i didn't belive it either so i took it to get
it dyno tested at this place called hookups in cali, its seems that it worked...
gave me a 3 horse power gain so i was really happy about that..The guy at the dyno shop also suggested that it might work well with a intake also...humm that sounds good but thats just his 2sense....any how i might just do that and i'll let u
guys know if it get better...peace out.
absolut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:17 PM   #7
Biohazard Level 4

I don't know how signifigant 3hp is, given that environmental conditions can skew results +/- a few HP, but certainly, it dosn't seem to hurt anything.
Scubaman3D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:56 PM   #8
mog

I thought about sticking one of those tornado things into my injen pipe close to throttle body....Never actually did cuz it was a pain figuring which tornado would have the right diameter for the injen pipe.
mog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 08:17 PM   #9
OJ Orignal Jew

Send a message via AIM to jiggerman78
i hear a tiny diffrence and maybe i wasnt lying to myself that maybe i do feel a diffrence in hp.
jiggerman78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2005, 08:26 AM   #10

Per the last time we had this discussion on throttle body spacers, here is my question.

I believe this kind of modification to only be necessary on carburated/throttle body injected vehicles with short plenum spacing before it splits directly into the cylinder intake runners. On our vehicles, once the air passes through the TB and into the intake manifold, it hits a fork (negating any additional air straightening or swirling benefits of a TB spacer) and then each bank runs through 3 channels into a larger center plenum divided into two parts (until upper rpms open up the center butterflies). So please explain to me how a spacer is supposed to help when a single particle of intake air needs to pass through 5+ turns before it passes through the intake valve?

Also, regarding the 3HP gain. Margin of error is greater than 3HP between runs even with cool down periods. A 3HP gain can be had by temperature differences, humidity differences, open/closed hood, fan or no cooling fan, even a different brand of gas. Plus, our overly computer controlled car wont give a knats ass what one extra inch of plenum space will do. And the swirl pattern, don't even get me started on that. Picture a flushing toilet bowl. It swirls when you flush, do you really think it's still swirling even after the first bed in the sewer gas trap. No. Do you think its still swirling as it travels around the next turn or even on the next straightaway. No. Unless you have swirl inducers after every turn and right before it enters the combustion chamber, any swirl will be negated by wall friction and suction. Believe what you want. My belief, TB spacers + Fuel injection = joke.

J
Jinx32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:51 PM   #11

Well said Jinx
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:23 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to peshford55
I just installed it and now my check engine light is on....umm, this might sound dumb to some, but how would i fix that? and also would this be normal because i did have to disconnect it and reconnect. Any help would be great!
peshford55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:17 PM   #13
St. Louis!

Jinx couldnt be more right, dont waste the money. As far as check engine light, heres how to take it off. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/650229
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in