Last Poll - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2005, 02:25 PM   #1

Last Poll

it was in the back of my mind to trade my 04 V6 in for an STi next year since its been in a pretty heavy accident that made all my side airbags go off.
Now im not to sure, i still would like an STi and considering that by next year my insurance will probably go down since im turnin 21 and i have a clean record, i could get a good rate from my insurance but i would still owe around 20K for the accord. Should i go ahead and stop modding my car and start saving up for an STi or should i keep my car for maybe 2-3 more years add an exhaust and leave it as is?

things to consider-
-new model STi is coming out next year and most of the time the first models of cars normally arent the best built, not until you go into the second or third.
-I got the basics on the accord, a kit, CAI, and subs/tv, and the only thing left to finalize my accord is an exhaust and a new side skirt considering it got banged up over the weekend.
-I havent gotten my settlement money yet which might look ok

WHAT TO DO, PLEASE HELP!!!
04DCspeedV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 29th, 2005, 04:37 PM   #2

keep your accord chris!!! save money for a house! then buy a new car.
thats what im doing

but continue to mod your accord so i can get your oem exhaust !
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 05:05 PM   #3
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

am i the only one around here that thinks, going from a fully loaded accord to a sti is a downgrade? all i hear is sti..sti..sti sure you get much improved performance and handling, but man thats alot of bread to shell out for a little car.

ya i know, different strokes for different folks, and ya its just one mans opinion, but i think you still sacrafice ALOT more in terms of comfort, luxury, price, longterm reliablility, resale value, navi (does sti even offer navi?), smoothness, and the list goes on and on.

you'll me going backwards IMO, like dumping angelina jolie for jennifer aniston, sexy to cute. ask brad pitt, he'll tell you differently. my .02
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 29th, 2005, 05:12 PM   #4
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
At the very least, keep your Accord until the 2nd year model of the next STI comes out. But you still owe 20k on your Accord so trading it in anytime soon (1-2 years from now) might not be the best idea. I say, keep the Accord and save your money .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 06:49 PM   #5

Yes they are two different cars, but by no means can you compare one to the other, its apples and oranges here. You want comfort, luxury feel, keep the accord. You want power, superb handling, rally feel, get an sti. And for 30k you cant get anything that will compare to the sti's performance, a new loaded accord is close to that and that seems like a waste of money.
blkcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 07:54 PM   #6
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcoupe
Yes they are two different cars, but by no means can you compare one to the other, its apples and oranges here. You want comfort, luxury feel, keep the accord. You want power, superb handling, rally feel, get an sti. And for 30k you cant get anything that will compare to the sti's performance, a new loaded accord is close to that and that seems like a waste of money.

never compared the two bro, just gave my opinion theres a difference, i just noted the losses vs gains by going from a loaded accord to an sti. if it was 10 years ago ya, probably would have opted for the sti myself. just a little older and wiser now, prefer looks, reliability and comfort over just speed and performance + a loaded exv6 w/nav isnt even close to 30k. last, what waste of money are you talking about?no other car for under 25k can touch a loaded accord.

Last edited by 04accordcpe; March 29th, 2005 at 09:54 PM..
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 08:20 PM   #7

Agreed, after its all said and done you will end up paying somewhere near 35k for the STi , honestly for that kinda cash I would get a TL 6spd/navi .......
jkrig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2005, 12:51 AM   #8

thanks alot guys, im gonna stick with the accord and put money into it, and see whats out there in about 3-5 yrs, i might just end up upgrading to the 8th gen 6 speed accord and slap turbo on it, or might just end up gettin an STi, all i do know for now is the accord shall stay with me.
04DCspeedV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2005, 01:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04DCspeedV6
thanks alot guys, im gonna stick with the accord and put money into it, and see whats out there in about 3-5 yrs, i might just end up upgrading to the 8th gen 6 speed accord and slap turbo on it, or might just end up gettin an STi, all i do know for now is the accord shall stay with me.
good choice, haha first get exhaust asap, haha
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2005, 10:25 AM   #10

i didnt mean to say you were comparing, i just meant two different beasts, and a brand new loaded accord for under 25k? are we talking an ex here? ive seen some ridiculous prices here for those, almost touching 30k! But as a daily driver i love my accord and even my roomate has some gripes on the sti for everyday driving.
blkcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in