AV6 Sedan Greddy - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2005, 01:16 AM   #1
out of control

AV6 Sedan Greddy

just installed the greddy today on my av6 sedan

more pics to come
mr_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2005, 01:17 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
very nice
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2005, 05:42 AM   #3
out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsam786
very nice

thanx

Old April 2nd, 2005, 06:39 AM   #4
ex scientia vera

Whoah! That's kind of mean looking. I'd like to see some pics though. Would it be possible to tuck those tips under the bumper a little more?
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2005, 09:55 AM   #5
Squarely Stock

Those look nice. But why are they slanted to the side? Also, is it true there is a cutout on the sedans for the dual exhaust?
vsubbiah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2005, 10:05 AM   #6
out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
Would it be possible to tuck those tips under the bumper a little more?

next week i will take it to try and tuck the tip a little bit under the bumper. it took couple of hours to install it. worth waiting and worth the money.. sounds great and never loud. sounds just like a 350z and those cans that everybody talking about. they arent so big as some seem to say.

bad luck guys, my digital camera aint working properly for some reason, images arent clear at all. i will take some pics using the mobile phone's camera until i get it fixed. same quality as the first pic.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 10:08 AM   #7
out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsubbiah
Those look nice. But why are they slanted to the side? Also, is it true there is a cutout on the sedans for the dual exhaust?

there is no cut outs on the sedan, i had to lower and extend the exhaust abit to make it fit the sedan. the guy who did the fitting is brilliant.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 10:27 AM   #8
My car is blue...

Send a message via AIM to vroom
Looks nice!

looks like mine
vroom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:21 PM   #9
oSCaR

ive been waiting for this post for a long time... yea whats up w/ the tips slanting to the sides? are you going to fix that? i dont want mine to end up like that, get some lower pics to see the proportionality of the cans, did u get any pics of the instal or any tips and pointers for when other sedan people get theirs?
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:43 PM   #10

so you got a coupe exhaust and extended/lowered it to fit the sedan?
iVTECaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2005, 05:39 PM   #11
out of control

yes i got a coupe's exhaust, extended and abit lowered so it would not stick on the bumper. and removed the cat conventer

the tips has to be the way it looks, slanting to the side. but when you get the bumper cut and fixed for the exhaust to fit in then i will be able to fix it. and that wont happen till atleast a couple of months later till i get the xenon lights, the 19's rims, front lip and lowered the car around 1.5-2 inches and to do these things on the car its going to cost big money, which can be done by june.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 09:26 PM   #12
oSCaR

so the tips have to slant like that because of WHAT? they cant be set straight without messing with the bumper? does this apply to the borla too?
Old April 3rd, 2005, 06:15 PM   #13
out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6_ccord_2k5
so the tips have to slant like that because of WHAT? they cant be set straight without messing with the bumper? does this apply to the borla too?

it would apply to all exhaust systems unless you cut in to the bumper, its because of lowering it abit, bending the flinges (what ever it is called which the muffler hang on to). if you do see it from the back straight it do look nice. well i dont want to cut out the bumper to create a space for the tips to fit and thats why i am leaving it like it is.

i'm keeping the car for max another 2 years. and the cut out will only decrease the re-sell price.

if you got only the cai, you wont feel much difference without fitting the exhaust system. you need a high flow exit for all the air the intake is pushing in to the engine. a quality exhaust will take that pressure off the engine and response is much better. i feel it because i had the cai installed almost a week before installing the exhaust
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:28 AM   #14
oSCaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_vtec
if you got only the cai, you wont feel much difference without fitting the exhaust system. you need a high flow exit for all the air the intake is pushing in to the engine. a quality exhaust will take that pressure off the engine and response is much better. i feel it because i had the cai installed almost a week before installing the exhaust
lol i had thought about this like a week or two ago too (because of how ppl do the I/H/E thing (I kno we dont have headers...))but I wasnt too sure but it sure makes sense, well im getting the CAI first then the exhaust in a few weeks to a month I guess. thanks for the info

Last edited by v6_ccord_2k5; April 4th, 2005 at 10:30 AM..
Old April 4th, 2005, 05:33 PM   #15

Quote:
it would apply to all exhaust systems unless you cut in to the bumper, its because of lowering it abit, bending the flinges (what ever it is called which the muffler hang on to). if you do see it from the back straight it do look nice. well i dont want to cut out the bumper to create a space for the tips to fit and thats why i am leaving it like it is.
Why canīt they be turned down without being slanted?

Art M.
Art M. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 4th, 2005, 05:49 PM   #16
out of control

after one month of driving with the only the intake and then installing the exhaust, you'll feel the difference.
Old April 9th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #17
oSCaR

well i got the V2 installed today... ... that thing sounds GGRREEEAAATTT, brought it home, showed my dad, he was impressed and left w/ the car! he said...
dad: "well now all you need to do is put flowmasters on", me: "dad flowmasters dont go on this car right", dad: "oh then what" me: "ive done some research and its come to a brand called borla or greddy but i dont think you'll like the greddy because of the way it looks (i explain both exhaust looks...)" dad: "how much" me: "about 700 or 1100 i think, not too sure" dad: "oh okay (walks a way)", i kinda yell "theyre both STAINLESS STEEL" (he keeps walking...)
so I dont know whats up w/ the exhaust but I guess its in the near future...
im lovin the V2 right now tho, it SOUNDS like an exhaust under my hood... dont know how to post pics, so ill post pics when i figure it out, maybe a video if enough people want it

Last edited by v6_ccord_2k5; April 9th, 2005 at 03:37 PM..
Old April 9th, 2005, 05:41 PM   #18
out of control

Quote:
well i got the V2 installed
congratulations man, the first day i installed the injen i went mad. flooring it on every single road. it sounds great especially when vtec kicks in it just screams man. enjoy..!!
Old April 9th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #19
oSCaR

lol yea, i would fall back in traffic just a lil bit to floor it and hear that rumble! or take as many back streets as i could just to slow and accelerate... im just crossin my fingers we get the exhaust to round it up nice
Old April 10th, 2005, 08:37 AM   #20
out of control

Quote:
lol yea, i would fall back in traffic just a lil bit to floor it and hear that rumble! or take as many back streets as i could just to slow and accelerate... im just crossin my fingers we get the exhaust to round it up nice

if you are keeping the car, buy the greddy evo 2, do some cuts in the bumper so you could fit the exhaust in it unlike mine. i dont want to cut in to the bumper because i will be selling the car probably next year and get something else and cutting the bumper will mean less re-sell price.

the greddy really sounds nice and quite. and when you step on it it sounds tough but not stupidly loud. its really nice. get it and you wont regret it.
Old April 10th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #21
oSCaR

im keeping the car, but i dont s**t money, im 17... my dad is paying mostly everything, i pay like 10%. if only i could see how good those cans hide behind my bumper...

by selling the car... do you mean your taking off the mods you did and putting all the stock stuff back on? because thats what im thinking kuz if u were gunna leave the evo on there the cuts need to be there, but if stock exhaust is going back on then that sounds more understandable. if your taking it off then ill wait that year and you can donate it to me jk, i guess ill wait and see what other people do to fit a greddy on a sedan... because i wanna SEE the end-product. if my dad decides to add an exhaust and i still havent seen it done then im getting borla...
Old April 19th, 2005, 01:35 AM   #22

Quote:
just installed the greddy today on my av6 sedan

more pics to come
NICE PIC!
I just installed yesterday... This is how I put it~

- Greddy EVO2 Cat-Back Exhaust System (for Coupe)
- 5200k 9006 H.I.D. Kits
2nd Stage - Status - Planning...
(Upgrade for Handling)

This is Hownet~
Drive safe! And GOD Bless you!

Last edited by Hownet; April 19th, 2005 at 01:40 AM..
Hownet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2005, 08:01 PM   #23
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

^Looks great Hownet! Looks like you got your tips a little more squared up than the other sedan. I like it
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in