Cat-back exhaust Question!!! help.. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2005, 05:11 AM   #1

Cat-back exhaust Question!!! help..

I just got my comptech exhaust in yesterday and i noticed that it seemed pretty loud inside my car... i was woundering y that is and if it was going to get any quieter in the car??? please help... need feedback ASAP!!!! i need all the info you can give me.. like if its going to git quieter.. how long will it take for that...ect.
o0amazinazn0o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 6th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #2
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0amazinazn0o
I just got my comptech exhaust in yesterday and i noticed that it seemed pretty loud inside my car... i was woundering y that is and if it was going to get any quieter in the car??? please help... need feedback ASAP!!!! i need all the info you can give me.. like if its going to git quieter.. how long will it take for that...ect.
I hate to be the barrer of bad news, but it will get worse over the course of the next few months. The good news is that the noise level will not raise by that much during this time. Hang in there though. Comptechs exhaust is well worth it.
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2005, 10:32 AM   #3

if you dont want it, ill buy it from ya hahaha.
blkcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 6th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #4

Comptech sells silencers for their exhaust , you may want to check those out...........
jkrig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2005, 11:33 AM   #5

my friend has that on his 3.2 TL Type S and it s pretty loud....the only Comptech exhausts that I noticed was quiet were the rear sections I heard my other friend's 6th gen V6 Accord sedan....

and yes ComptechAccord4 was right...it will only get louder as time goes by...as far as catbacks go the quietest one I have experienced are the APEXi World Sport, which is the one I have on my car
Wht2kAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2005, 09:23 PM   #6
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
Quote:
why put a full catback on if you didnt want it to be louder? thats the point, well that and a 10hp gain which is nothing in the big picture

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2005, 03:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6SicksSpeed
why put a full catback on if you didnt want it to be louder? thats the point, well that and a 10hp gain which is nothing in the big picture

how can u not expect sound being louder for a catback? that's given! if it bothers you that much, you shouldn't have upgraded your exhaust to begin with. your putting in aftermarket performance exhaust, did u expect it to be quiet?
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #8
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Are you talking about the droning sound, in 6th gear, going up hill on the freeway around 2500 rpms? That's the only time the inside of my car gets loud but I don't think its annoying. Actually it's not even THAT loud to me with my stereo off. Over time the sound of my Comptechs have actually gotten deeper and so much more better. As a matter of fact...I think I listen to my kick ass stereo only 70% of the time now because I love how the exhausts sound.

As everyone has stated...getting an aftermarket exhaust will make your car louder than stock. Some are more louder than others. I've had a GReddy SP on my last car (97 Prelude) and that thing was so much more louder than my Comptechs.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #9
ex scientia vera

*Off topic*

<----That's right flyvtec, it's that time of year. BATTER UP

kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #10
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
I don't know how the Braves do it but picking up Tim Hudson was genius! If both our teams stay healthy and play like we're capable of playing, we'll see you guys in the playoffs! Yeah I know...we have a lot of games left to go but I think my Padres have a good chance this year if we stay healthy.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in