Exhaust install prices? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2005, 07:39 PM   #1

Exhaust install prices?

just curious how much you guys paid to have your catbacks installed. My friend said he got his installed for $30 from midas but that sounds too good to be true. Lemme know thanks!
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 7th, 2005, 07:43 PM   #2
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
that sounds like a rip off for just a cat back install....i did mine with my buddy, a good jack, a good set of jack stands and about an hour....the longest part is breaking the bolts on the cat loose...this is a very simple DIY with the right tools......good socket wrench and some wd-40...and maybe an air wrench....
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 06:08 AM   #3

bump Midas just said they dont install used exhausts and i sware i know like 5 people that have had used exhausts installed there, its like wtf? whatever did everyone just install there own?

Old April 8th, 2005, 07:27 AM   #4

Do it yourself. Or we could do it in the garage one day. I did it by myself, took about 45 minutes but it would be much easier with 2 people working on it.

Last edited by lazybum; April 8th, 2005 at 07:29 AM..
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 09:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybum
Do it yourself. Or we could do it in the garage one day. I did it by myself, took about 45 minutes but it would be much easier with 2 people working on it.
what tools would we need?
Old April 8th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #6

Socket set and some wd40 or pb blast to get the hangers off.

If its an oem v6 exhaust then you probably need the gasket for the left muffler.

Do you know if your current exhaust is 1 piece? If it is then you may have to do it at home or close to a place you plan to keep the stock exhaust, it may not fit in your car...
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 01:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybum
Socket set and some wd40 or pb blast to get the hangers off.

If its an oem v6 exhaust then you probably need the gasket for the left muffler.

Do you know if your current exhaust is 1 piece? If it is then you may have to do it at home or close to a place you plan to keep the stock exhaust, it may not fit in your car...
your saying i should keep my OEM i4 exhaust? why? just curious as to what the pluses would be
Old April 8th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #8
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
I got my Comptech exhaust installed at an Acura dealership for $80. Took them about an hour.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 08:43 PM   #9
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
6 Pack of beer, 2 pizzas and a bag of chips should all that install should cost.

Just do it urself, invest in some jack stands, u'll probably use it again sometime in the future.

Also, liquid wrench is your friend

Last edited by DV8; April 8th, 2005 at 11:03 PM..
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 09:54 PM   #10
Your Mom Drives a Honda

think about this...if you have a dealer professionally install your exhaust you are paying someone to take off three bolts....on the cat....and take the exhaust out of three/four rubber bushings/gaskets....and then do the opposite to install the new one....if you know how to work a jack/jackstands....a socket wrench and have a buddy....its cake to do....and good to do so you can get to know your car...and there is a sense of pride you get knowing you did something yourself
Old April 8th, 2005, 11:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin6speed
think about this...if you have a dealer professionally install your exhaust you are paying someone to take off three bolts....on the cat....and take the exhaust out of three/four rubber bushings/gaskets....and then do the opposite to install the new one....if you know how to work a jack/jackstands....a socket wrench and have a buddy....its cake to do....and good to do so you can get to know your car...and there is a sense of pride you get knowing you did something yourself
that last sentence is very true
Old April 9th, 2005, 02:58 AM   #12
wj4

i paid $50 for a shop to install my borla. i would do it myself but i dont have a garage, otherwise i wouldve already opened a sears account and got some tools
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2005, 03:08 AM   #13
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
I'm contributing to the American economy by paying a skilled mechanic what he was trained to do.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2005, 04:10 AM   #14
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

man, do it yourself...especially if you like me and need to save cash where possible. a shop will charge you 50-100 bucks for labor to install an exhaust when you can do it your self. if you can change the filter on you SRI/CAI, then you can install an exhaust system. the exhuast just might take a little more muscles. well worth doing it yourself, get dirty!

just my .02
99cfENVYv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #15
Your Mom Drives a Honda

i didnt even use my garage to install mine....i wanted everyone that went by my house to know i was doin something new to the car...LOL....so we put the car up on stands in my driveway....luckily it is flat....and did it right there..
Old April 9th, 2005, 10:08 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin6speed
i didnt even use my garage to install mine....i wanted everyone that went by my house to know i was doin something new to the car...LOL....so we put the car up on stands in my driveway....luckily it is flat....and did it right there..
Haha i have no room for that but i wish i did man
Old April 9th, 2005, 11:03 AM   #17

i ended up getting exhaust and hawk rear brake pads installed for $150 from a friend of a friend who worked at a shop. They had to cut the OEM v6 exhaust for my i4 just before it split in the "Y" so its like an axleback more or less. And they extended it out a lil for my OEM body kit so u can actually see the tips, this is good so i dont have to get aftermarket APC or crap tips like that. My brakes started Hissing on monday then was in the body shop from then till thurs for collision damage that some chick did while my car was parked and i was eating lunch outside and watched it all in horror but thats a diff story. So the hawk pads seemed good and my cars only 17k mi old and so i def didnt want to do anymore honda OEM crappy pads or brand X. My digi cam comes in the mail on monday and hopefully i shall have pics posted by the begining of the work week. Have a good weekend guys and enjoy the weather b/c here in D.C. it is B-E-A-utiful!
Old April 9th, 2005, 11:05 AM   #18

p.s. smokin6speed i have another i4 friend who is interested in your exhaust ill set u guys up sometime soon. but u may only have to cut it like half a ft b4 it branches off into the "Y" and that may be easier on shipping
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:07 PM   #19
Your Mom Drives a Honda

im game...let me know and like i said i work for ups so shipping will be considerably cheaper...
Old April 12th, 2005, 11:10 PM   #20

yo, im real late in this post but its definite, hopefully my exhuast will be coming in, in about 4 weeks, im going to go ahead and get it extended so it reaches out to the end of the OEM kit, can anyone extend? if no one can i guess im gonna have to go with taking the rear kit off
04DCspeedV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2005, 03:04 PM   #21

i installed mine in like 1 1/2 hours by myself, with no lift, it was a pain but it was free and easy.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in