turbo 7th gen - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2005, 10:19 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Sticmann Send a message via Yahoo to Sticmann
Lightbulb turbo 7th gen

I am sticmann from Irvington NJ and I am currently attempting to turbo an automatic 7th accord....I have questions...I have CT26 turbo and I have an intercooler so far.. my question is do I use a inline fuel pump or do I switch out my intank for an aftermarket one or can I jus add the inline one with my stock pump or do I use an new inline and new tank pump...(My target is 7-9 lbs of boost) another question is do a 7th gen require a missing link to trick the ecu when it sees boost...another question, is it possible to use a greddy emanage to manage my fuel...and I am gonna add a fmu..should I use the 10:1 or the 12:1 to prevent leaning out...also should I use a fuel pressure regulator or is the fmu wit the emanage enough...where can u tap the block on a J30A4 for pressurized oil to the turbo...and finally should I change my injectors...my calculations tell me that they are good to about 310 chp at 100 percent duty cycle...how much hp can I get wit 7-9 lbs of boost...
Sticmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 7th, 2005, 10:27 PM   #2

have you talked to a professional about this? The 7th gen's v6 exhaust manifold is very different....
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2005, 10:28 PM   #3
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
to answer your questions would be... first get the kits made (tubing, mani's, ups and downs... whatever... then worry about fuel issues later.

The map signal can be tricked with a unichip (when it comes out), or a signal modifier.

As for the greddy, Im sure you would have better luck talking to greddy straight since the new av6's use OBDIII

but I would worry more about the kit gettig constructed, you can always work on the fuel as you see it.
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 7th, 2005, 10:38 PM   #4

I have a custom exhaust now so was gonna run it inline wit the exhaust right after the flex pipe under the car where the 2 downpipes converge and then have the piping for the intake bent up
Old April 7th, 2005, 10:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticmann
I have a custom exhaust now so was gonna run it inline wit the exhaust right after the flex pipe under the car where the 2 downpipes converge and then have the piping for the intake bent up
so the turbo will be sitting underneath the car sorta like the sts turbo system?
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #6

Quote:
I am sticmann from Irvington NJ and I am currently attempting to turbo an automatic 7th accord....I have questions...I have CT26 turbo and I have an intercooler so far.. my question is do I use a inline fuel pump or do I switch out my intank for an aftermarket one or can I jus add the inline one with my stock pump or do I use an new inline and new tank pump...(My target is 7-9 lbs of boost) another question is do a 7th gen require a missing link to trick the ecu when it sees boost...another question, is it possible to use a greddy emanage to manage my fuel...and I am gonna add a fmu..should I use the 10:1 or the 12:1 to prevent leaning out...also should I use a fuel pressure regulator or is the fmu wit the emanage enough...where can u tap the block on a J30A4 for pressurized oil to the turbo...and finally should I change my injectors...my calculations tell me that they are good to about 310 chp at 100 percent duty cycle...how much hp can I get wit 7-9 lbs of boost...
I would think twice about putting a turbo on an Honda automatic transmission. They are a little to fragile for that. A six speed is your best choice.
bcomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 12:19 AM   #7

I kno my slush box is gonna melt..next year comes the 6 spd tranny..and yeah my turbo setup is similar to the sts and it has been done like that for years. however its gonna be closer to the motor so the lag isnt as much and the turbo has its own wastegate so no need for a external waste gate....jus run intake piping and from turbo to intercooler to intake no need for special headers jus cut pipe in half....weld 2 flanges and attach turbo and oil lines....but how can i get pressurised oil taped from the block and where from the block
Old April 8th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #8
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
interesting......
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 12:43 AM   #9

they make universal oil filter relocation kits can I run the turbo inline from block to turbo to filter then back to block?
Old April 8th, 2005, 05:49 AM   #10

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcomer
I would think twice about putting a turbo on an Honda automatic transmission. They are a little to fragile for that. A six speed is your best choice.
I TOTALLY AGREE.
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #11

I would rather spend 2 gs and turbo right now and sixpeed lata then spend 4-5 gs getting the trans and putting it in lata...plus there is always dr evil
Old April 8th, 2005, 11:37 AM   #12
U a Ryder Or a Hater?

Send a message via AIM to 04rydah
Quote:
Originally Posted by brex
interesting......

YUP
04rydah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #13
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
I would rather spend 2 gs and turbo right now and sixpeed lata then spend 4-5 gs getting the trans and putting it in lata...plus there is always dr evil
just a thought... it might be better if you do them at the same time.. since u gotta take apart so many things anyway.
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 02:09 PM   #14

if they make a aftermarket intake fuel pump for us get a high flowing one. Adding a inline fuel pump is a good idea if you want to be a little more on the safe side since you would be one of the first to turbo our motor etc. The only problem would be, is that it would take more time to install and figure out what fuel lines to cut/modify. Yes, most likely you will need a fmu to control fuel, and asking us what disk to use would be a gussing game as of right now. It depends on what turbo, fuel, air etc you are planning on hooking up. Every car is different. The turbo, manifold etc would depend on what can fit and bolt up. Best beat would be to have about $2,000-$5,000 on hand just case you need more parts, or your motor blows... Also once you get it all bolted up and all the 'facts' straight bring it to a dyno/tuner and hook a Wideband A/F up and start tuning...
Its not cheap...
good luck
v6mmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in