New Short Shifter R&D Car Needed (not adapter) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2005, 12:26 PM   #1
darkside / gen7accord.com

Send a message via AIM to Blizzard
New Short Shifter R&D Car Needed (not adapter)

Gen7Accord.com just received news that a short shifter will be developed for the gen7 accord!!! (The shifter is not an adapter, it's the whole shifter).

They need someone in the New England area! check out the thread:

http://forums.gen7accord.com/viewtopic.php?t=122

tell him Gen7Accord.com sent you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D a r k s i d e
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 10th, 2005, 12:09 AM   #2
clear the way!!!

Send a message via AIM to adamkim83
ooh im very interested...i was just about to cut my shifter next week but ive heard bad reviews about it if u shift too hard and what not...hopefully they produce it soon!
adamkim83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:04 PM   #3
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
hmm i have mine cut and havent noticed a thing....and since it has been nice out lately ive been runnin the car to death and havent had any problems with hard shifts....what have you heard because ive yet to experiance anyhting negative...
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 10th, 2005, 10:26 PM   #4
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
im all over this thing...ive been looking to become an r&d car
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2005, 03:26 AM   #5
darkside / gen7accord.com

Send a message via AIM to Blizzard
keep us updated on how it goes

D a r k s i d e
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2005, 07:16 AM   #6
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard
keep us updated on how it goes
Yeah, because I need another reason to want a manual.

kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:25 PM   #7
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
bleach called them up and the guy had difficulty understanding english.

they said they working on the 6th gens right now and they are gonna call me when they start working on 7th gens

you know seriously i dont see how though our 6sp shifters can get any better, in my personal opinion this tranny is amongst the top 3 shifting cars i have ever driven. i can shift using my lil finger, and im not kidding.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2005, 01:04 AM   #8
clear the way!!!

i have a friend that works at a shop and he personally doesnt want to do it....because u never know...if someone did a bad welding job ur shifter could snap right off and you'd be stuck in traffic not being able to shift or something lol....iono he just suggested i dont do it and to just wait for a actual short shifter to come out

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin6speed
hmm i have mine cut and havent noticed a thing....and since it has been nice out lately ive been runnin the car to death and havent had any problems with hard shifts....what have you heard because ive yet to experiance anyhting negative...
Old April 19th, 2005, 01:05 AM   #9
clear the way!!!

forgot to ask....the short shifter should work with both v6 and i4 7th gens?
Old April 20th, 2005, 08:58 PM   #10
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
see that is where i dont understand...there was no welding involved.....so there is no loss of strength...you just cut it off at the height you want it and then get someone to re-thread it for you....so unless the steel is a lower quality lower on the shifter...which it isnt....it will be just the same...i'm not sure why you would weld anything on it to be honest...that just doesnt make sense...mine is freakin sweet.....
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:29 PM   #11
clear the way!!!

ah u cut it and rethreaded it...the guy didnt have the tools to rethread it so hed cut shifter, take about an inch chunk of it and weld the threaded part back to the rod ::shrug:: tahts just what i heard...anyway im waiting for this new short shifter!
Old April 21st, 2005, 03:05 AM   #12
The OCHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkim83
i have a friend that works at a shop and he personally doesnt want to do it....because u never know...if someone did a bad welding job ur shifter could snap right off and you'd be stuck in traffic not being able to shift or something lol....iono he just suggested i dont do it and to just wait for a actual short shifter to come out

LOL...it's funny you should mention snapped shifters. The first short shifter I bought for my civic was a mass-produced one from a certain company who shall remain nameless b/c I believe their products have improved. One of my buddies had the same shifter in his car and it snapped on him. I figured it wouldn't happen to me since I didn't slam gears or anything like that, but I went ahead and put a set of vice grips in my car anyway for insurance. Well, wouldn't you know it, I was very gently shifting into 2nd when all of a sudden, I've got my shift knob and half a short shifter chillin in my hand. So I pulled over, got out my vice grips and nursed my car back to the shop to have a stock shifter put back in. All of those type of short shifters had a manufacturing defect that when they were continually put through heat cycles by the exhaust system, the joining point between the upper and lower sections failed and they broke. That just goes to show you that you can't ALWAYS trust major manufacturers products either.
KaiserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in