Comptech Exhaust and AEM V2 are in da house! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2005, 08:17 PM   #1
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Comptech Exhaust and AEM V2 are in da house!

Finally decided to jump ship and get the AEM V2! Couldn't wait any longer for the Comptech Icebox. Yeah...this is probably the bazillionth time someone posted a pic of the V2...but so what! I'm happy!!!!

Initial impressions: feels a little bit more torquey, revs very smooth (I get to 6500 rpms like that!), has that growl everyone's been telling me about...and oh the sound. Wow! I'm in love again! Might as well throw away my stereo cuz I aint listening to it no more!

OK...that's it! I'm done modding my car for the last time!

flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 12th, 2005, 08:26 PM   #2
_

sweet....
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2005, 08:34 PM   #3
ex scientia vera

I told ya so!!

I'm glad you're happy with it. Done modding? Riiiiight...

You need the OEM aero kit now, then you're set.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 12th, 2005, 09:07 PM   #4
The Poker KING

Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
*tear* so beautiful....

knew you were gonna love it.

Gotta post some sound clips with that combo, would love to hear it.

Enjoy it, oh and good one "done modding for the last time"....Like I haven't heard that a million times before.
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2005, 10:35 AM   #5

Hey Flyvtec, since you just installed your V2 can you tell me if they have a CARB # on them yet? It looks like there is a sticker on it but can't tell.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2005, 11:03 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to SweetMt6speed
I did mine last week with the power booster option added. I can't believe the growling sound the engine produces and my butt dyno is amazed! Did anyone notice at lower rpms there is a slight whine sound like a turbo? It's almost a slight squeal/whine. I actually like it and a couple of my passengers have asked me if I had a turbo. SWEET! latr,Craig
SweetMt6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #7

Forgot to add this. Does anyone else besides me think the foil V2 sticker (and yes I know it's their V2 trademark) on the pipe look kinda gay? I'm thinking about removing it and putting on one of the AEM stickers. (I think this cut down in weight will get me another 1-2 HP) HA!
Old April 13th, 2005, 11:21 AM   #8
U a Ryder Or a Hater?

Send a message via AIM to 04rydah
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMt6speed
Forgot to add this. Does anyone else besides me think the foil V2 sticker (and yes I know it's their V2 trademark) on the pipe look kinda gay? I'm thinking about removing it and putting on one of the AEM stickers. (I think this cut down in weight will get me another 1-2 HP) HA!

Ya drew (sick6speed) took the sticker off...looks much better...
04rydah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:38 PM   #9

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Si
Hey Flyvtec, since you just installed your V2 can you tell me if they have a CARB # on them yet? It looks like there is a sticker on it but can't tell.

Thanks,
Scott
Hey Scott...here is the link re: CARB:

http://www.aempower.com/faq.asp?fid=19&sid=4&tid=

According to the installation intructions that came with the V2, it states the following:

"2003 Honda Accord 3.0L C.A.R.B. E.O. #Pending - V2 Cold Air Intake Systems that are pending CARB approval are illegal in California except on racing vehicles which may never be used on public highways"

The silver sticker that you see is a warning not to drive in deep puddles and also has the company address and part number of the intake.

Now that I've researched all that...I guess I have an illegal intake. Uh oh!
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMt6speed
Nah...I think it looks ok. But then again I kinda like the charcoal grey AEM sticker that came with the instruction manual so maybe removing the V2 sticker and putting on that AEM sticker will give us another 10 hp!

Last edited by flyvtec; April 14th, 2005 at 07:55 PM..
Old April 14th, 2005, 08:27 PM   #11
oSCaR

AWESOME, I got my V2 last saturday and it is AWESOME, whatta rumble, yea i heard that whistle-like noise from it too, I thought something might of been wrong w/ it kuz no one else had mentioned it but now that someone did, I guess im okay... my V2 logo is UPSIDE DOWN!!! , I guess imma HAVE to take it off, it looks retarded! (what should I use tho?) ill prob slap on one of my two AEM stickers that came w/ it, and cross my finger for at least 5 more HP...but yea the V2 is GRRREAT
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2005, 09:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6_ccord_2k5
AWESOME, I got my V2 last saturday and it is AWESOME, whatta rumble, yea i heard that whistle-like noise from it too, I thought something might of been wrong w/ it kuz no one else had mentioned it but now that someone did, I guess im okay... my V2 logo is UPSIDE DOWN!!! , I guess imma HAVE to take it off, it looks retarded! (what should I use tho?) ill prob slap on one of my two AEM stickers that came w/ it, and cross my finger for at least 5 more HP...but yea the V2 is GRRREAT
Yup, thats just like mine. My sticker looked a little crooked so I just peeled it off and applied two (2) AEM stickers. ( each sticker is good for 5 extra HP from what I've heard) I will take a couple of pictures and include it in an upcoming post. I also just have to say, I'm also addicted to the growl that's now coming from my engine bay! I'm sure I'll probably get a speeding ticket soon. Latr, Craig
Old April 14th, 2005, 09:25 PM   #13

congrats on your V2, I have a V2 on my 6th gen AV6 and I have a quick question about the humm. Has anyone ever heard the hum of the v2 on the 6th gen? I think its very loud at times and drones badly, can anyone compare the hum of the 7th gen to the 6th gen? I made threads before but no one likes me and no one replies =\
Peemp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2005, 11:54 PM   #14

I'll reply Peemp!

Unfortunately, I haven't heard the V2 hum on a 6th. So sorry bout that.

One thing I do notice is that when I decelarate to a stop...I can hear the V2 winding down a little bit...can't really describe the sound but it's a nice sound. The original AEM intake that I had in my Prelude would let out a "whoosh" sound when I turned off the engine. I was thinking that the V2 would make this sound too when I turned her off but it doesn't.

Anyway...I'm just ramblin on. I've had the V2 for 3 days now and I LOVE how it sounds when you get on it. That growl is addicting...especially with the windows open! But I don't think it is very loud at all (just right for my ears) and the droning that I had with just the exhaust at 2500 rpms has pretty much turned into a deep humm. Maybe it will change later but right now, the sound with the intake and exhaust is perfecto for me! The hummm is deeeep!
Old April 15th, 2005, 09:00 AM   #15
oSCaR

I get a little goodbye from MY V2... its a short little whoosh and then the sound of like putting a cap on it as if it closes itself... sounds crazy good. Everything about this thing is awesome, 'cept the fact that my sticker is upside down but its fixable
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2005, 09:46 AM   #16
The Poker KING

Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
Flyvtec, good luck, you're gonna love the sound so much you'll be stepping on the gas all the time

next thing you know, you'll only be getting 15mpg, lol.
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in