No Mufflers? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2005, 03:33 PM   #1
Zipy

No Mufflers?

OK, don't flame me too bad, but how loud would it be to just chop off the mufflers and and install extensions and tips? The way I see it, it couldn't be too loud with the exhaust still going thru 3 cats and 2 resonators. Anyone have any first hand experience doing this?
Zipy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2005, 04:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipy
OK, don't flame me too bad, but how loud would it be to just chop off the mufflers and and install extensions and tips? The way I see it, it couldn't be too loud with the exhaust still going thru 3 cats and 2 resonators. Anyone have any first hand experience doing this?
no first hand, but i can almost gaurantee it will be hella loud! the cats really dont' drown out too much noise, nor does the 1st res. The premuffler drowns out a tiny bit also. but w/out the muffler, i'm assuming it will be louder than any catback exhaust out there right now. I wouldn't do it, it'll probably sound like garbage w/out the proper muffler to adjust the tone/sound of the muffler unless u swap out your premuffler and put in a bigger resonator there.
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2005, 12:36 PM   #3
fonda my honda

Send a message via AIM to tx03coupe
yah silverbullet's right. don't do that. you'll sound horrible and might get a ticket for being too loud.
tx03coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 17th, 2005, 02:12 PM   #4
Biohazard Level 4

hang on, I wouldn't dismiss it that fast. Its an interesting idea and something has to be said for the fact that after the 3cats, it goes through a resonator and a premuffler. I guess they only way you would know is if you tried it.

You could always just unbold the left muffler...that should give you a good idea of what it might sound like.
Scubaman3D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2005, 03:31 PM   #5

yah try it out, but w/out the muffler, there is nothing controlling the TONE of the sound, therefore it won't sound CLEAN @ all, i can almost gaurantee that. The idea of a muffler is to ADJUST tone, your premuffler/res do that, but they are not the main TONE regulators.
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2005, 03:37 PM   #6
shady mofo

when i had my resonators and cat cut out before my new exhaust they fired up the car and rev'd it a little bit....it sounded like SHYTE!!! dont do it, it sounds HORRIBLE, loud, tinny, just very very annoying. but that's just my opinion - feel free to do it if you really wanna!

--hoop
IIHOOPII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #7
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
see i have the borla cat-back system and i had the premufler and extra resonator removed and it sounds so much better...but I can only imagine that if you took off the two end mufflers it would sound like it was broken not supposed to be like that...just my .02
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in