for you so cal people J PIPE - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2005, 03:46 PM   #1
can't go lower...FML

for you so cal people J PIPE

for people living in so cal wanting a j pipe, come check out the place in MP called MAZZ autosport. they'll charge you cheap as hell and the guy there knows all about performance crap and air flows and blah blah blah. he knows a LOT about exhausts. if you want the best airflow from your j pipe to your exhaust and want a great deal, juss come check it out. if you want directions, pm me and ill give it ta ya~ o wait, i have their phone number

626) 572-5180
talk to STEVEN and tell em austin sent ya
as2222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 29th, 2005, 04:09 PM   #2
oSCaR

whats the purpose of this "J Pipe" ive read about it and seen a couple but whats its 'function'
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2005, 05:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6_ccord_2k5
whats the purpose of this "J Pipe" ive read about it and seen a couple but whats its 'function'
It's the AV6 version of a header. Since the exhaust manifold on our engine is cast into the head, we don't have headers. The exhaust goes through the casting and immediately into the first set of cat converters. From here a new pipe starts and merges with the other bank of cylinders. This pipe is commonly known as the "j-pipe". It is inefficiently designed and restricts airflow. No large scale manufacturer will produce a improved version for us AV6'ers, so a few brave souls went out and got one made on their own. I currently am looking to get a stock one to get a template made to have a local high performance muffler shop bang out a few for everyone.

J
Jinx32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 29th, 2005, 09:07 PM   #4
oSCaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx32
It's the AV6 version of a header. Since the exhaust manifold on our engine is cast into the head, we don't have headers. The exhaust goes through the casting and immediately into the first set of cat converters. From here a new pipe starts and merges with the other bank of cylinders. This pipe is commonly known as the "j-pipe". It is inefficiently designed and restricts airflow. No large scale manufacturer will produce a improved version for us AV6'ers, so a few brave souls went out and got one made on their own. I currently am looking to get a stock one to get a template made to have a local high performance muffler shop bang out a few for everyone.

J
aaahhhhhhh... I see, thank you very much for the enlightenment
... would it help/be possible to say... get one w/ an aftermarket exhaust? ie comptech, greddy?
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2005, 01:31 AM   #5
can't go lower...FML

yes you can. you can just get a custom j pipe built with those exhausts hooked up to it. if that's the case, you can probably get one built for around 300 ish from MAZZ
Old May 1st, 2005, 11:13 AM   #6
No Life LowLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by as2222
yes you can. you can just get a custom j pipe built with those exhausts hooked up to it. if that's the case, you can probably get one built for around 300 ish from MAZZ
Hey as2222, I like your single exhaust setup! looks clean. I am just wonder how did you go about to do the J-pipe? When you merged the pipes from the header, did they have to be equal length when the pipes come together? Somebody said this is important. What did the folks from MAZZ think about this?
Leeak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:24 PM   #7

im new to this and whats a j-pipe ???
aznsouljaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsouljaboy
im new to this and whats a j-pipe ???

Uh, search like, 4 posts above this one.
No one has proven that the equal length is necessary when asked before, but I feel it could be for sound/resonance reasons. Then again, after viewing what Honda did with their wonderful "pinch" technique at making the J-pipe in the first place, I wonder how important it really is.

J
Jinx32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2005, 08:53 PM   #9

Quote:
for people living in so cal wanting a j pipe, come check out the place in MP called MAZZ autosport. they'll charge you cheap as hell and the guy there knows all about performance crap and air flows and blah blah blah. he knows a LOT about exhausts.
Do you have pics of your J-pipe?
GoBig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 2005, 12:26 AM   #10
can't go lower...FML

i just got my sony ti (everything i have has a TI in it.. sorry.. im being retarded) but anyways, ill take some pix of it. my cams charging so chill people CHILL!!
Old May 11th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #11

Quote:
i just got my sony ti (everything i have has a TI in it.. sorry.. im being retarded) but anyways, ill take some pix of it. my cams charging so chill people CHILL!!
GoBig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in