Different Intake Question - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:35 PM   #1
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Different Intake Question

I've searched the 20 pages on CAI's on this site and I have a quick question. It seems that almost 99% of the people on here either have an Injen CAI or a AEM V2. Is something wrong with the AEM CAI (V1)? Or is it just a price issue? I know the V2 is aobut the same price new and the Injen is cheaper. So is that why hardly anyone uses the AEM V1?

Only reason I ask is because I'm about to buy a used AEM CAI V1 for a good price and I was just curious. Thanks for any feedback!
mbr311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2005, 02:06 PM   #2
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
For me, I got the V2 because its new technology. New car = new stuff.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #3

I have the V1. It sounds and feels great, I also got a killer deal on it too.
masterface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 9th, 2005, 03:16 PM   #4
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterface
I have the V1. It sounds and feels great, I also got a killer deal on it too.
Yea, that's why I'm getting it. Just weird that almost no one is running the V1. I guess the "new technology" won out in the end. And I know the Injen is cheaper than the AEM CAI so that's why I figured most went with Injen. Honestly, I would have gone with INjen if I hadn't gotten such a great deal on this AEM intake. I had a horrible problem with AEM when I had their V2 for my RSX-S
Syracuse Orange 15-0, #1 AP/ESPN/USA
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:24 PM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
What kind of problem did you have with the V2 on your RSX-S?
Old May 9th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #6
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec
What kind of problem did you have with the V2 on your RSX-S?
The material on the outside of the intake started rusting and bubbling within 2 months of me putting it on. Also, the craftmanship of the piping on the inside was lacking big time. There were scratches and scuffs all over the place. I called AEM and got it replaced under warranty. They said to ship it out to them using whatever method I wanted, and they would replace it and ship it back to me using the same method I used.

3 months later, and numerous e-mails and phone calls later, I finally got my intake. Oh yea, I used 2 day shipping to send it out to them, and then they had the gall to send me it back 3 months later using 5 day ground mail.

They said they ran out of intake piping - what a bunch of bull****. They are the manufactuer! I asked them politely if they could buy a piece of piping back from one of their distributors and they said no. Mind you, at this time I was running Hondata so I had to run an aftermarket intake. As a result, I had to buy a ****** ass short ram intake to get me through.

So my experience with AEM was pretty much terrible. I thought I'd never do business with them again, but this price on the CAI is too good to pass up. So I guess I'll have another AEM!
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:34 PM   #7
oSCaR

yea same here, I got it kuz of new technology, all the hype, good deal, looks... now that i realize that i cant put a bypass valve w/o infringing on the performance of the V2... i prob would of went w/ injen/aem v1 to play it safe, now i gotta be careful w/ water and itll always be in the back of my head
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr311
The material on the outside of the intake started rusting and bubbling within 2 months of me putting it on. Also, the craftmanship of the piping on the inside was lacking big time. There were scratches and scuffs all over the place. I called AEM and got it replaced under warranty. They said to ship it out to them using whatever method I wanted, and they would replace it and ship it back to me using the same method I used.

3 months later, and numerous e-mails and phone calls later, I finally got my intake. Oh yea, I used 2 day shipping to send it out to them, and then they had the gall to send me it back 3 months later using 5 day ground mail.

They said they ran out of intake piping - what a bunch of bull****. They are the manufactuer! I asked them politely if they could buy a piece of piping back from one of their distributors and they said no. Mind you, at this time I was running Hondata so I had to run an aftermarket intake. As a result, I had to buy a ****** ass short ram intake to get me through.

So my experience with AEM was pretty much terrible. I thought I'd never do business with them again, but this price on the CAI is too good to pass up. So I guess I'll have another AEM!
I C ... sorry to hear that ... I had the AEM V1 on my Prelude and I had a good time with it. I'll have to keep my eye on the V2 and hope I don't have the same problems as you. Thanks for the info.
Old May 10th, 2005, 07:49 AM   #9
Wheelgap = sleeper mod

Just keep your eye out on the powdercoating near the bend of the pipe. That's where mine had problems.
Syracuse Orange 15-0, #1 AP/ESPN/USA
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #10

I have the AEM V1 on my car as well. Only had it a couple of weeks but no problems so far. I got it cause it has CARB# and V2 does not yet (no problems with cops). Also I got it in blue to match my underhood theme (of blue of course ) Finally got great deal from JC Whitney, only $123 + shipping.
Scott Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2005, 12:34 AM   #11

I've had the aem v1 for 2 1/2 years and I love it. It sounds great especially in the vtec range
03ondubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in