CAI vs Short Ram - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2005, 01:06 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: arcadia, CA
Posts: 16
Send a message via AIM to se4nstar
CAI vs Short Ram

People say that CAI is better than Short Ram. Yet, I dont understand why. Can someone explain the difference? All I heard was that Short Ram generates more heat. Also, is there a sound difference ?
se4nstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 13th, 2005, 01:25 AM   #2
say hello to angels..
 
BlaCCord Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,491
omg. search the forums.
there's seriously 10000000000000 threads about intakes.
BlaCCord Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2005, 01:25 AM   #3
wj4
Registered User
 
wj4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by se4nstar
People say that CAI is better than Short Ram. Yet, I dont understand why. Can someone explain the difference? All I heard was that Short Ram generates more heat. Also, is there a sound difference ?
short ram intake stays in the hood, while the cai's filter is right behind the bumper...closer to the ground. the lower to the ground u are, the denser the air is. and the colder and denser the air is...the better.
short ram is also louder, because everything, the tube and filter is under the hood. the cai is also loud, but not as loud as a short ram because hte air filter is not in the engine bay.
cai all the way, its not even an option if u have a v6 lol. only upside of having a short ram is that u can see how dirty the filter is and when to clean it and to prevent hydrolocking if u live in a rainy area
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old May 13th, 2005, 03:44 AM   #4
From J30A to 4g63
 
0Tolerance's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Reno, NV now but from Riverside, CA
Posts: 753
Send a message via AIM to 0Tolerance Send a message via MSN to 0Tolerance Send a message via Yahoo to 0Tolerance Send a message via Skype™ to 0Tolerance
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
short ram intake stays in the hood, while the cai's filter is right behind the bumper...closer to the ground. the lower to the ground u are, the denser the air is. and the colder and denser the air is...the better.
short ram is also louder, because everything, the tube and filter is under the hood. the cai is also loud, but not as loud as a short ram because hte air filter is not in the engine bay.
cai all the way, its not even an option if u have a v6 lol. only upside of having a short ram is that u can see how dirty the filter is and when to clean it and to prevent hydrolocking if u live in a rainy area
0Tolerance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2005, 10:58 AM   #5
Formerly Known As...
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 760
Send a message via AIM to i4performance
Do by-pass valves negate CAI performance?
i4performance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:07 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Accord_101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 37
I love my Weapon R Secret Weapon Ram Intake. A little less low end, but mid and high end are great. Very loud at high RPM's. The quick install and cleaning made me decide on Ram eventhough I have a hot V6 engine.
Accord_101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2005, 01:13 PM   #7
wj4
Registered User
 
wj4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by i4performance
Do by-pass valves negate CAI performance?
a little bit but now much. u have to cut the pipe in half and insert that foam sponge (the valve) in between. since there is now a cut, a weeeny bit of hot air can get thru and the cold air will not be as cold as it can be anymore.
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2005, 05:03 PM   #8
St. Louis!
 
Kingof3rdinput's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: St.Louis
Posts: 3,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord_101
I love my Weapon R Secret Weapon Ram Intake. A little less low end, but mid and high end are great. Very loud at high RPM's. The quick install and cleaning made me decide on Ram eventhough I have a hot V6 engine.
you lost low end???
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2005, 01:36 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Accord_101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingof3rdinput
you lost low end???
Just a bit when you hit the gas. once up to 3K or so it kicks in. I would recommend.
Accord_101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #10
Registered User
 
terrylee79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord_101
Just a bit when you hit the gas. once up to 3K or so it kicks in. I would recommend.

Where did you get your secret weapon r intake?
terrylee79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2005, 04:45 PM   #11
Registered User
 
Accord_101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 37
http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/ho...zard=1&s=&mid=

It's all set in the shopping cart in the link above $192.11 (shipped with tax) Weapon R direct told me MSRP was $250, so this is a deal, cheapest I found. Other sites are out of CA and I didn't want to pay sales tax.
Accord_101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On