what is wrong?????? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2005, 06:57 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to t0x23 Send a message via MSN to t0x23
what is wrong??????

I have a 03 AV6 coupe automatic and i just recently installed my aem v2 just yesterday which sounds great, but this morning i was on the freeway on my way to school and wanting to hear the intake i floored it but by the time i got to 2nd gear, it wasnt shifting and so the meter was stuck between 6,000 and 7,000 rpm going crazy. So i had to release the gas pedal. i tried it one more time and again it was stuck at 2nd gear. At this point i was scared cuz this never happend before. AFter school while going home i tried again but this time it was fine. i'm thinking that the intake caused this??? does anyone know? i've had this car for 6 weeks (bought it used from a honda dealer 29k miles) so i hope it is nothing big.
t0x23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to TorontoV6
That happened to me a couple timesright after I installed my AEM V2. I have no idea what caused it and it IS scarey as hell. But it has never happened again.
TorontoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2005, 07:20 PM   #3

I Know what it might be..........THIS happened to me but i have 6th gen....but i believe this is ur problem...check the hose that were used to connect intake and clamps and make sure the are not in the way of throttle cable b/c the cable is getting stuck sometime at open throttle on that....trust me it can happen ...so i moved clamps to were they couldnt be caught by throotle linkage ar cable...see and tell me if that helps
chavezguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 16th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #4

i don't think the 7th gen has a throttle cable. Its drive by wire for the throttle...
MGibbs007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2005, 07:33 PM   #5
I Pull Wire

Send a message via MSN to IvtecV6_ACCORD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGibbs007
i don't think the 7th gen has a throttle cable. Its drive by wire for the throttle...
IvtecV6_ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #6
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGibbs007
Only the V-6's..... the I-4's still use a throttle cable.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2005, 11:35 AM   #7
out of control

do a search. you'll find out that aem v2 has other problems as well. thats why i went with the faultless INJEN. and i am very happy with my choice.
mr_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2005, 11:51 AM   #8
The Anti-Virus

Send a message via Yahoo to smithz
I've had the v2 on for over a year.... never had any problems from it. I also have an auto and have never experienced that. Once you install it you need to recalibrate the ECU or have your dealer do it if they will. Just disconnect the battery for 10-15 minutes then reconnect. Otherwise you may have a problem with your tranny or ECU causing the intermittent shift problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"People in glass houses sink ships! F#@K!! A#S!!" - Wise Bartender in Boondock Saints

smithz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2005, 12:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithz
I've had the v2 on for over a year.... never had any problems from it. I also have an auto and have never experienced that. Once you install it you need to recalibrate the ECU or have your dealer do it if they will. Just disconnect the battery for 10-15 minutes then reconnect. Otherwise you may have a problem with your tranny or ECU causing the intermittent shift problem.
Is it a good idea to recalibrate the ECU with all new intakes? Does the factory six disc deck in the 7th generation Accords need a code to get the radio to work after the battery is disconected? Thanks
Old May 17th, 2005, 12:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord_101
Is it a good idea to recalibrate the ECU with all new intakes? Does the factory six disc deck in the 7th generation Accords need a code to get the radio to work after the battery is disconected? Thanks

have the v2 over a year. and no problems.

and yes. you need the code everytime u disconnect your battery..
check your owners package for your code number
chino182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2005, 12:57 PM   #11
I Pull Wire

Send a message via MSN to IvtecV6_ACCORD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chino182
have the v2 over a year. and no problems.

and yes. you need the code everytime u disconnect your battery..
check your owners package for your code number

I can't live without my V2... The sound is the best part... No way an injen sounds as good either...
IvtecV6_ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2005, 02:01 PM   #12
out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvtecV6_ACCORD
I can't live without my V2... The sound is the best part... No way an injen sounds as good either...

i've got injen and didnt disconnect the battery or do anything else to it. just installed it and its just perfect. plus the sound is very nice when you floor it, and when driving normally there is no humming sound at all. and it gives you the hp and torque where you need it, at lower rpm's unlike aem.

anyways both are good. but injen proved to be better since a sedan with only injen got 14.5 on a strip and no aem v2 installed av6 auto had achieved that time.
mr_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2005, 02:22 PM   #13
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_vtec
i've got injen and didnt disconnect the battery or do anything else to it. just installed it and its just perfect. plus the sound is very nice when you floor it, and when driving normally there is no humming sound at all. and it gives you the hp and torque where you need it, at lower rpm's unlike aem.

anyways both are good. but injen proved to be better since a sedan with only injen got 14.5 on a strip and no aem v2 installed av6 auto had achieved that time.
Well you should recal it whether you think it's running perfect or not. I thought the same thing until the guy at the dealer that I trust told me it was running lean because of the additional air available and the ECU being calibrated wrong. Just remember your ear/nose air/fuel meter is not as accurrate as the OBDCII... no offense.

And people are going to argue day and night about which is better. The ONLY way to really tell is to use a specific car, a specific dyno, and a specific day. Run with stock resonator box, run with v2, and run with injen. Since noone has done this experiment in a controled and unbiased environment, everything else is nothing but opinions and my "@ss dyno" tells me its faster... Opinions are fine, but people should be more forthcoming about *where* there "information" is coming from. Sorry for the $0.02.
Old May 17th, 2005, 03:09 PM   #14

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithz
Well you should recal it whether you think it's running perfect or not. I thought the same thing until the guy at the dealer that I trust told me it was running lean because of the additional air available and the ECU being calibrated wrong. Just remember your ear/nose air/fuel meter is not as accurrate as the OBDCII... no offense.

And people are going to argue day and night about which is better. The ONLY way to really tell is to use a specific car, a specific dyno, and a specific day. Run with stock resonator box, run with v2, and run with injen. Since noone has done this experiment in a controled and unbiased environment, everything else is nothing but opinions and my "@ss dyno" tells me its faster... Opinions are fine, but people should be more forthcoming about *where* there "information" is coming from. Sorry for the $0.02.
I just poped off the negative of my battery, waited 10 minutes, put it back on and I guess it feels a little different.

I agree on the unbiased dyno note, but I also agree that my Secret Weapon Intake is better than all the rest!
Accord_101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2005, 03:49 PM   #15
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
I just poped off the negative of my battery, waited 10 minutes, put it back on and I guess it feels a little different.
You probably won't be able to feel much... but your engine should run just alittle cooler... running lean means running hot.

Quote:
I agree on the unbiased dyno note, but I also agree that my Secret Weapon Intake is better than all the rest!
The never ending non-scientific battle continues...
Old May 17th, 2005, 05:31 PM   #16
St. Louis!

im gonna hook up my cai to my riding mower!! That'll prove somethin?
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in