CAI's - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #1

CAI's

Alright, i'm about to get smog done on my car and was wondering if anyone knows which cai's are carb exempt besides the K&N Typhoon Kit and the AEM CAI for the 7th Gen V6's?
I have the AEM v2, and that crap is still pending, how about Injen? the RD Series? they pending too or what?
And, has anyone tried the K&N Typhoon Kit? is it any good?
If its any good, I think I might get one of those to make my car carb exempt; so if i do, anyone want to use my v2 who has an injen to try some dynos?
Jason
Blue2Jay20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2005, 12:03 PM   #2

I thought you didn't have to smog a newer car till the fifth year registration??

Back in the day you could have asked for a CARB sticker from one of the companies that have intakes that are excempt, but they are being tough these days (I tried to do that already with my new intake). K&N and AEM are the only one's I know for our cars. You can always put the stock air box back in for the visual test. Go to junk yard if you trashed your old one.
Old May 18th, 2005, 12:45 PM   #3
Nothing special

Send a message via AIM to blu6speed
Ha, if anyone has a pic of the carb sticker, ill make them and send them out for a few bucks...then we can all be carb legal!
blu6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 18th, 2005, 01:44 PM   #4
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu6speed
Ha, if anyone has a pic of the carb sticker, ill make them and send them out for a few bucks...then we can all be carb legal!

that's what i thought of doing. i'll put an aem sticker on my injen to "make it carb legal"
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0430Steve
that's what i thought of doing. i'll put an aem sticker on my injen to "make it carb legal"
Don't laugh guys, that's what I did with my old intake in my '94 Accord, worked like a charm, even at the state owned smog shop after I got a ticket for all my bells and whistles (stupid Oceanside CHP!!!).
Accord_101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2005, 05:04 PM   #6
St. Louis!

my injen came with a carb exempt sticker, just call them and ask for one. Must suck living in Cali, cops here wouldnt know what that shiet even was.
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2005, 05:11 PM   #7
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingof3rdinput
just call them and ask for one.
don't think you can.

and if you can, that's what i should do. my "injen" intake is blank, but it has an injen filter and came in the injen box, with injen directions, and with the injen license plate, but i would bet money it's fake.

if not, does anyone know if i could get a carb sticker from them.....i bought it from some "authorized" injen seller.
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in