Finally Installed DIY: H-Techs, AEM Intake, 18's and Ingalls Rear Kit (PICS) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2005, 07:09 PM   #1

Finally Installed DIY: H-Techs, AEM Intake, 18's and Ingalls Rear Kit (PICS)

I picked up this 05 Sedan brand new 3 weeks ago as a family car. I wasn't happy with the stock setup, so over the last 2 weeks I got 18" wheels (too small for the enourmous wheel wells), H-Tech Springs, AEM Intake and Ingalls Rear Camber and Toe Kit.

Here's a pic of the wheels showing the H-Tech gap - better. However, the ride is still too soft for my taste - I'll have to live with the compromise for now.

Here's the AEM CAI. Couldn't pass up the deal at JC Whitney. I paid $122 + free shipping. The intake is a must have. It sounds so much more aggressive and seems to have a sharper response to throttle input.

After dropping the car with H-Techs, it was obvious the rear camber was too far negative. I couldn't visibly tell any problems with toe, however. So, I ordered an Ingalls kit from IAP for $130ish shipped - Got it in two days.

The red arrow points to the rod for adjusting camber. The blue rod is pointing at the rod to adjust toe. I visibly adjusted camber and toe prior to an alignment - I was pretty close. The alignment shop said I dialed in 0 degrees of camber and 1 degree of toe. They adjusted the camber to -.8 and toe to .1.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the current setup. This was the first time I DIY'd everything except the alignment. It's very satisfying to accomplish the install yourself - plus you know it was done right.

Spring install was easier then I thought. AEM intake wasn't too bad either - removing the stock air parts were a pain though. The ingalls kit was easy too.

Last edited by dme330i; May 24th, 2005 at 07:14 PM..
dme330i is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2005, 07:14 PM   #2
_

nice job. fairly easy installs on the drop and camber kit? my next 2 moves.
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 07:16 PM   #3

Get a friend to help you with the springs. Cranking the compressors were a pain, so a friend cranked one end while I tightened the other. On the rears, we didn't compress nearly as much, so it went faster.

Camber kit was a breeze.

Old May 24th, 2005, 07:32 PM   #4
JB4 e92

Very nice post. Car looks good, and glad to hear that everything worked out for you.
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 08:17 PM   #5
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
damn thats like 3 or 4 accords that have those excels on must be pretty popular
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 08:23 PM   #6
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
i got em....don't like the tires they came with though....bumpy bumpy bumpy.....
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 08:38 PM   #7

After I installing the intake, I finally am starting to enjoy the car more. It's tough though when you used to drive this:

I decided to sell it after someone made an offer that I couldn't refuse. Now I have seller's remorse, so I'm trying to find things to do to the Accord. Anyway, I'll keep it for a year and probably pick up an e90 when dealers are more willing deal.

Old May 25th, 2005, 11:49 PM   #8

Looks good...the must have modification that i think you should get next is a upgraded rear sway bar.

Nice to see another DIYer...i did all those mods too myself in my garage, and the satisfaction you get knowing that you did everything right, and without scratching the hell outta your front bumper, and rear fenders (as i assume a shop would naturally do)from the intake and suspension install is extreamly satisfying
Jon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:05 PM   #9
oSCaR

your car looks GREAT!!! those wheels are so nooiiicceee... how come you didnt get the V2? I would think that if you thought the V1 sounds good, wait till you hear my V2... i would think most people would get a V1 because theyre worried about hydrolock and needed to throw on a bypass valve... but then again why not get the Injen...
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #10

Thanks guys. I'll get some better pics next week.

I didn't get the V2 because I'm cheap. I wouldn't have bought an intake at all, but I saw that JCW had them for $122 + free shipping for orders over $125, so I went for it.
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:09 PM   #11

are ur exels silver or hyperdark?
rp788 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #12
AV6.com Veteran

very nice! lets get some more pics with those rims on
kayotik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2005, 11:12 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to driven
damn I dont think I could have let go of a convertable bimmer like that so bling!

wow I am glad to hear the camber kit install wasnt too bad, I am thinking of picking one up myself.. did it come with good instructions? was it difficult to get the old links out? thanks -Jai
driven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2005, 03:47 PM   #14

Just got back from Memphis - it's raining here in Atlanta, so more pics will have to wait - I'll get out this weekend and take a few.

The excels are silver.

The camber kit was easy - the instructions were pretty good. The OEM links were easy to take off as well.
Old May 31st, 2005, 08:41 PM   #15
GRH

I'm sure you've seen it mentioned on the forum before, but if you pick up the '05 TL F/R sway bars (make sure you get the MT6 ones) you will further sharpen the handling of your new car. I too, have an '05 V6 Sedan with the H Techs and TL sway bars. This set-up, along with 17"s work quite well around the northern suberbs of Atlanta.

BTW, if you order the bars and bushings through Acura Carland's web site, you can pick them up locally and save shipping cost and still get their 20% discount. Makes the whole mod just a bit over $120.

One other thing, I went from an '03 V6M6 with HFP to the '05 AV6 (arthiritis in left ankle) and this car simply excels at the 8-9/10ths level.

Best of luck with your new Accord.
Rick
GRH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 1st, 2005, 02:18 PM   #16

Thanks. I'll give the sway bars a shot. How difficult was the front install?
Old June 4th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #17

Had several pic requests. Here you go:

Old June 4th, 2005, 07:26 PM   #18

Had several pic requests. Here you go:

Old June 4th, 2005, 07:42 PM   #19
GRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dme330i
Thanks. I'll give the sway bars a shot. How difficult was the front install?
The only mod I haven't done myself was the F/R sway bars. However, I watched closely while they were being done, and the only gotcha was they dropped the engine sub-frame a bit to get the bars out then in. Did not look difficult. The rear was a snap.

I had the same bars on my '03 V6M6 coupe and they represent excellent 'bang for the buck' in the mod world. Some have said they don't think you need the front bar, just the rear. Maybe, maybe not. I just wanted the engineered set in my car. I don't make many posts, but there was quite a busy one about these suspension pieces I initiated last year that has the part #'s and lot's of driving impressions.

Great to finally have a nice day in Atlanta. Don't you agree. Oh, BTW, after seeing the pictures of your CAI, I ordered one from JCW and installed it today. Man, that stock resonator is a bear to get off - especially for one of the older set. Jury is still out in my mind on the overall sound - I like it at higher RPM's but under 3/4 throttle in higher gears it sounds a bit funky. Could be that it's not what I'm used to.

Best,
Rick
GRH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
wow very nice car and nice diy's. ur old car was very nice looking too.
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2005, 08:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH
Great to finally have a nice day in Atlanta. Don't you agree. Oh, BTW, after seeing the pictures of your CAI, I ordered one from JCW and installed it today. Man, that stock resonator is a bear to get off - especially for one of the older set. Jury is still out in my mind on the overall sound - I like it at higher RPM's but under 3/4 throttle in higher gears it sounds a bit funky. Could be that it's not what I'm used to.
Thanks for the info Rick. Yes, we finally had a nice day. I, too, thought the sound was a bit funky under 3/4 throttle, but over time it has grown on me and I find myself gassing it just to hear the intake.

You're right that doing both sways is the right thing to do. Going with the rear sway only, can loosen the rear end (might be a pleasant change in our "push-prone" cars, but an inexperienced driver can lose it if not careful).

Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in