Comptech Supercharger - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:54 AM   #1
GO FAST OR GO HOME

Comptech Supercharger

This is an email I sent in response to a reply from Comptech, I hope it does some good:

Attention: Please forward this email to Comptech's senior management, thank you.

Dear Sirs,

I own a 2004 V6 6Speed Accord coupe. I believe you should reconsider your plans and start development of a supercharger package for this car.

I will try to explain why, I bought the Accord for a fun commuter and have been slowly upgrading the cars performance. I have close to $4,000 in parts and labor invested in my car at this time and after hearing about your supercharger for the TL I am now looking forward to purchasing a kit for my car. I have the funds to do so.

I also believe, while the TL is a great car and yes, the income of the average TL owner can afford to buy your supercharger I do not believe the majority of them are "high performance enthusiast". In fact I believe they will buy them more for the luxury and quality, with performance not being the deciding factor. In fact, I plan on buying a TL - for my wife, which I of course will drive on the weekends. I do not plan on upgrading this car.

On the other hand the 7th generation V6 Accord model is now three years old and with the warrantee up and the leased cars being returned, the cars will start to be bought up by an entire new group of young performance minded people that will be looking for more power, just check the online forums, such as:

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...splay.php?f=65

If you do build the supercharger, not only will this new generation of Accord owners purchase your kit, but a large group of existing Accord owners will now also have the chance to give their cars a large dose of horsepower to make there cars feel new again.

Also, I can't understand why, if you already have the charger developed for the TL, how much more work will it take to extend the development for the Accord? Please note that I am a mechanical engineer for a Medical company that develops high precision robots and pumps and realize the tremendous cost and man power it takes to complete a project such as this but I feel your rewards would be three fold if you include the Accord in this project.

I urge you to reconsider your position of a supercharger package for the 7th generation V6 Accord and please add this car into your development plans. I believe you will be very pleased with the response you will receive.

I thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Brad Petre
Design Engineer
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #2
Nothing special

Send a message via AIM to blu6speed
Nice professional way of wording it Brad. Ill be interested in their response.
blu6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:02 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
very professional, cant wait to hear a response
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 25th, 2005, 10:19 AM   #4
GO FAST OR GO HOME

Thank you.

I will post their reply as soon as I receive it.

Brad
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:19 AM   #5
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
I can tell you their response. It's No. V6P have talked, pleaded and begged them to do the SC, but no dice. Their sales of SC for 6th gen accords didn't justify their R&D cost of making them so they have no plans to do it for the 7th Gens. In fact, they are very close to stop all production on the 6th gen SC as well since they have so many sitting on the shelves gathering dust.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's just the way this industry is. Our Accords just get no love simply we don't buy as much as the other car owners.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:27 AM   #6
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
Hey Dizzy...anyone heard anything new about the STS Turbo....they have a setup on there from an Integra....didn't know if our cars might still be an option...
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 11:39 AM   #7
_

very good write up. when did you write that up? jerks. that is totally a great point.....how many tl owners are gunna go buy a s/c? 2 maybe? our car is where it's at. we have people waiting for this. yeah, let us know when they respond.

maybe we should start a petition.
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 11:43 AM   #8
GO FAST OR GO HOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0430Steve
very good write up. when did you write that up? jerks. that is totally a great point.....how many tl owners are gunna go buy a s/c? 2 maybe? our car is where it's at. we have people waiting for this. yeah, let us know when they respond.

maybe we should start a petition.

Thanks, I wrote that up this morning.
Old May 25th, 2005, 11:49 AM   #9
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
I can tell you their response. It's No. V6P have talked, pleaded and begged them to do the SC, but no dice. Their sales of SC for 6th gen accords didn't justify their R&D cost of making them so they have no plans to do it for the 7th Gens. In fact, they are very close to stop all production on the 6th gen SC as well since they have so many sitting on the shelves gathering dust.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's just the way this industry is. Our Accords just get no love simply we don't buy as much as the other car owners.

Dizzy
Wow, ending production of the 6th gen S/C too?
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 11:59 AM   #10

Don't worry, if and when they do decide to end the 6th gen S/C, V6P will be one of the first companies offering it to our members at an affordable price. Anything we can do to help Comptech "unload" all these SC's that no one wants

STS Turbo: We stopped all efforts to get this made. however, after reading an article at SEMA IAS at AC this past weekend about how great the STS Turbo was for a GTO, we might reconsider approaching STS Turbo to try to do one for the Accord. Here's the article:

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1473169/f/Press/stspes.pdf

Here's the catch, they will need a test car from V6P and that member has to be willing to help pay for the "custom work" I'll post up the article as soon as I can find it.
I really believe their concept works. It even won last years GM's Design Award.

Here's a list of all the magazine articles talking about them!
http://www.ststurbo.com/magazine_articles

Dizzy
Old May 25th, 2005, 12:13 PM   #11
Guest User 466

^
i hope they dont shut down the 6th gen s/c soon!!
i wanna get it but not yet. wanna build up the na first
but if vp6 will buy them then hell yeah!!
no worries
tw02av6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 12:35 PM   #12
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw02av6
^
i hope they dont shut down the 6th gen s/c soon!!
i wanna get it but not yet. wanna build up the na first
but if vp6 will buy them then hell yeah!!
no worries
why build up for n/a if you are going to s/c?
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #13
Guest User 466

wanting to get 220whp and then s/c it
i'll be doing the j32a2 frankenstein setup like serge so it wont be bad.
the cr will be good for 8-9 psi of boost
Old May 25th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #14
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Correct me if I'm wrong...didn't Comptech develop a s/c for the Acura CL-S 6-speed? I vaguely remember reading something about it in one of the magazines and although the s/c produced gobs amount of power, it wasn't practical because the car was only a couple of a tenths of a second faster than stock. Plus I think there were some torque steer and tranny issues too. Why spend $4K to only make the car 2 tenths faster? Is that why Comptech won't make it? If someone knows about that article please post a link.

So...because they couldn't sell enough s/c's for the 6th gen, that was their decision to stop making them? What they should do is make a few s/c's for the 7th gen and see what kind of response they get. I have the funds and will buy that thing immediately.

But anyway...nice letter Brad. Maybe we can use it as a form letter and change a couple of things in the body of the letter that pertain to us individually (like what work we do) and send it to Comptech.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 02:40 PM   #15

Well...those of us from superhonda way back to 98, then to accordv6.com and then v6p.net were the ones we emailed them constantly about the 6th gen that help them in their decision to make it for us. So, yes, maybe everyone should cut and paste Brad's letter and modify it and then email Comptech.

I'm sure they'll notice a few hundred emails flooding their box

Dizzy
Old May 25th, 2005, 02:55 PM   #16
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec
Correct me if I'm wrong...didn't Comptech develop a s/c for the Acura CL-S 6-speed? I vaguely remember reading something about it in one of the magazines and although the s/c produced gobs amount of power, it wasn't practical because the car was only a couple of a tenths of a second faster than stock. Plus I think there were some torque steer and tranny issues too. Why spend $4K to only make the car 2 tenths faster? Is that why Comptech won't make it? If someone knows about that article please post a link.

So...because they couldn't sell enough s/c's for the 6th gen, that was their decision to stop making them? What they should do is make a few s/c's for the 7th gen and see what kind of response they get. I have the funds and will buy that thing immediately.

But anyway...nice letter Brad. Maybe we can use it as a form letter and change a couple of things in the body of the letter that pertain to us individually (like what work we do) and send it to Comptech.
Making the kit is not the expensive part. It's the R&D part is what cost them the most. If they're going to make a few kits, they might as well make a bunch. Material isn't expensive.
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:21 PM   #17
GO FAST OR GO HOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Well...those of us from superhonda way back to 98, then to accordv6.com and then v6p.net were the ones we emailed them constantly about the 6th gen that help them in their decision to make it for us. So, yes, maybe everyone should cut and paste Brad's letter and modify it and then email Comptech.

I'm sure they'll notice a few hundred emails flooding their box

Dizzy

Dizzy and Flyvtec,

I feel very honored you would even consider my letter as a template for persuading Comptech to release a Supercharger for us, and If it helps at all I would be extremely pleased, and hopefully soon...very fast...

Thank you.
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:36 PM   #18

why donsnt everyone that wants the Supercharger talk with comptech with a prepaid deal, prepay how many orders it takes them to break even to desgin the supercharger, im sure theres more then eough ppl on here that want it and ahve the money to do so, just a suggestion.
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:44 PM   #19
Guest User 466

now i know i'll get flamed on this but!!
i'm hoping they dont make s/c for the 7th gen
and i have a legit reason too.
u 7th gen will rape and kill us 6th gen. u have more then enought power then us. at least with the s.c we have a chance to race the 7th gen. without the s/c we are screwed!!
lol

hope no one yells at me!!
I LOVE HONDA!!
Old May 25th, 2005, 06:51 PM   #20

Are there any extraordinary technical obstacles to making a S/C for the 7th gen that are not present in the TL?

I thought about the drive by wire throttle, but the TL must surely have it too.

I can understand their apprehension for developing a S/C for the 7th gen since the 6th gen didn't do so well, but the 6th gen didn't have the 240 hp 6-speed. Someone that wanted to buy a fast car might buy a 6MT instead of another sporty car, but they would never consider any 6th gen Accord. I myself was looking to get out of my 6th gen sedan into something sporty and fast, the last thing I considered was another Accord, but the Accord 6MT was the perfect car for me. The 6MT opens up the Accord option to a whole lot of people that wouldn't have considered one before.
truckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 07:26 PM   #21
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

I dont understand why you 6-speed guys dont just go with a custom turbo setup instead??? You have the tranny to support such power....the internals is another question but I'm sure you can run 300+ whp no problem.
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2
I dont understand why you 6-speed guys dont just go with a custom turbo setup instead??? You have the tranny to support such power....the internals is another question but I'm sure you can run 300+ whp no problem.
custom turbo costs $$$ even more than a comptech supercharger. Plus i'm sure there are some restrictions due to our exhaust manifold design, althought I'm sure its still possible.
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:44 PM   #23
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Ohh yea forgot about the stupid exhaust manifold design. Sh!tty deal.
Old May 26th, 2005, 12:22 PM   #24
6MT

Send a message via AIM to SlayerGTR
i dont exactly know why comptech is makin the SC for the new TL, cuz most of the ppl from acura that buy SC are the CL ppl, which is technically like our cousin car...

I dont see many older TLs get supercharged, mainly the CLs.
SlayerGTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2005, 12:33 PM   #25
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
heres an idea.,.buy UNICHIP instead...
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2005, 02:36 PM   #26

why cant they just modify the remaining s/c from the sixth gen. of course our engines are different but they are still similar. that would cut down on cost and depending on how many are sold would leave leave making more up to comptech
ifester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:10 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw02av6
now i know i'll get flamed on this but!!
i'm hoping they dont make s/c for the 7th gen
I too hope Comptech DOESN'T make one for the AV6...

Comptech has already made a SC for the TSX and said it's only a few more bugs away from the 03+ Acc 4cyl!!!! DUE OUT THIS SUMMER!!!!

GO 4 BANGERS!!! BOO AV6!!!
hondatuner7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #28
picture me rollin

Send a message via AIM to RentsDidntBuyIt
^^ now that would be the shiznit since i got a 4cyl yeee. Would it make difference if its a manual or auto?
RentsDidntBuyIt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:06 PM   #29

so there going to make a sc for the 4cyl?

brad did you get any replys from comptech?

Last edited by Deepa; May 26th, 2005 at 06:09 PM..
Deepa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2005, 08:03 AM   #30
GO FAST OR GO HOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepa
so there going to make a sc for the 4cyl?

brad did you get any replys from comptech?
No yet Deepa, It took over 10 days for my last response, see below:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 3:50 PM
To: Brad Petre, T-SY
Subject: RE: Accord 04 Supercharger

Brad,

At this point in time we do not have any plans to make a kit for the 04+ V6
Accord. However, this may change. Please check back with us later this
year. Thanks for considering Comptech.

Comptech

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 2:59 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: Accord 04 Supercharger

Hello,

I have an Accord 04 V6 6 Speed coupe and I am looking forward to buying a
supercharger from your company.

Any idea when you will release one? I wouldn't mind being one of your
initial Beta test cars.

Thanks for some great performance products!

Best Regards,
Brad Petre
Design Engineer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in