Magnaflow exhaust - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2005, 08:17 PM   #1

Magnaflow exhaust

Does anybody have the magnaflow exhaust? If you do, how is it?
6spdemon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2005, 08:27 PM   #2
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
there is a whole thread stickied at the top of the performance section all about exhausts....if i recall there was something in there
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 19th, 2005, 09:16 PM   #3
ACO's black sheep!

Send a message via AIM to slow CORD grl
i have magnaflow muffler ...

its alright .. iono .. its kidna deep but a lil raspy ... its blah iono .. im getting rid of it =]
slow CORD grl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 20th, 2005, 02:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow CORD grl
i have magnaflow muffler ...

its alright .. iono .. its kidna deep but a lil raspy ... its blah iono .. im getting rid of it =]

you must have a different kind.. my magnaflow is close to stock.. hear alittle bit at engine start and 2-3k then nothin. i think its just for looks.
spec7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2005, 05:35 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to TorontoV6
I have a magnaflow exhaust. I opted for a custom 2.75 inch cat bcak with a set of magnaflows. The mufflers are much more noticable then stock both visually and sound. There is a bit of highway drone but nothing to bad. NICE AND DEEP throaty sound. Pics of is are in my gallery. I had the pipes powder coated so that you only see the mufflers.
TorontoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2005, 06:30 AM   #6

I cut off my resonator because I was trying to get more hp and a deeper tone. However, there is no difference and I have lost some torque. Anybody with some advise? I have 04 v6 accord.
morgan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2005, 08:32 AM   #7
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
i cut of my resonator and my pre-muffler and had no problems at all with lost tourqe...and I have a V6 6-speed so don't know what to tell ya and i got a louder deeper tone with mine...but i have the borla catback setup which is now borla from the axleback and custom from the cat to axle
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2005, 08:47 AM   #8
GO FAST OR GO HOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan
I cut off my resonator because I was trying to get more hp and a deeper tone. However, there is no difference and I have lost some torque. Anybody with some advise? I have 04 v6 accord.
For better flow (more power) and better sound you may want to put a set of "resonator" type mufflers like the Comptech's. The stock mufflers are "baffle" type and restrict flow at high RPM's. It really doesn't get much louder though. Some people have taken out the pre-muffler that's just back of the rear mufflers. This makes the car louder but adds in some highway drone or resonance - your call, but for what I think is a nice sound and added power without losing torque replace the pipe between the front resonator and rear pre-muffler, that pipe is only about a 1 3/4 in. dia. and is the most restrictive, the rest of the piping is about 2 in. dia. I also tried removing the front resonator and running a straight 2 1/4 in. dia. pipe back to the pre-muffler but it just got a lot louder and I lost a lot of torque. You'll notice the stock pipe is bent, my muffler guy said this is to reduce resonance and after cutting out the stock pipe and replacing it with straight pipe I did gain a lot of resonance so I believe he was right. I actually added back in the original front resonator AND another light weight resonator so now I have straight unrestricted flow and it sounds great with no loss of torque. Although after all this time and money I should have just went out and bought the full Comptech catback to begin with!

Good luck!
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2005, 09:35 AM   #9
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
i just replaced the down pipe from the flex pipe back to the y joint with 2.25 piping. worked very well for me and i love the sound. didnt notice any loss whatsoever. felt that 6th gear was freed up a lot more in the post 2.5 k rpm mark.

i have the worst butt dyno in the world though.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #10
GO FAST OR GO HOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
i just replaced the down pipe from the flex pipe back to the y joint with 2.25 piping. worked very well for me and i love the sound. didnt notice any loss whatsoever. felt that 6th gear was freed up a lot more in the post 2.5 k rpm mark.

i have the worst butt dyno in the world though.
Hi OwAce,

Yea, with straight 2.25 pipe it did seem to rip at the top end but I spend a lot of time commuting in light traffic running from 60 mph to 80 mph in 6th and when the car drops below 70 I got an awful sounding loud resonance, so I put the resonator back in and the resonance got much quieter....the only reason my wife puts up with it is because I get better gas mileage, which means more money for her to spend on shoes!
Old July 20th, 2005, 03:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoV6
I have a magnaflow exhaust. I opted for a custom 2.75 inch cat bcak with a set of magnaflows. The mufflers are much more noticable then stock both visually and sound. There is a bit of highway drone but nothing to bad. NICE AND DEEP throaty sound. Pics of is are in my gallery. I had the pipes powder coated so that you only see the mufflers.
what kinda tips are those? there alot bigger than the ones i have.
spec7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #12
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Hi OwAce,

Yea, with straight 2.25 pipe it did seem to rip at the top end but I spend a lot of time commuting in light traffic running from 60 mph to 80 mph in 6th and when the car drops below 70 I got an awful sounding loud resonance, so I put the resonator back in and the resonance got much quieter....the only reason my wife puts up with it is because I get better gas mileage, which means more money for her to spend on shoes!

really my resonance sound a lot like when nash bridges would pull away in his cuda. like literally it sounds like a v8 burbling away if im in 2nd gear at 10 mph and i floor it, or if im crusing at 55 in 6th and i floor it. i love that burble resonating from the mid section.
Old July 21st, 2005, 05:31 AM   #13

Send a message via Yahoo to TorontoV6
spec7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoV6

what kinda tips are those? there alot bigger than the ones i have.

spec7
The mufflers are 5x11 Race Series Stainless with a 4" double-walled stright cut tip. The cat-back for our cars had a chessey single walled tip and looked not much better then stock. IMO!
TorontoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2005, 08:39 AM   #14
GO FAST OR GO HOME

Quote:
really my resonance sound a lot like when nash bridges would pull away in his cuda. like literally it sounds like a v8 burbling away if im in 2nd gear at 10 mph and i floor it, or if im crusing at 55 in 6th and i floor it. i love that burble resonating from the mid section.
OwAce you're an ANIMAL!!!!

I bet if you could get away with it you would just put license plates on a 700 HP Winston Cup Car!!!!

Who needs AC????

Last edited by Brad; July 21st, 2005 at 08:44 AM..
Old July 21st, 2005, 09:34 AM   #15
indoctidiscant

Quote:
OwAce you're an ANIMAL!!!!

I bet if you could get away with it you would just put license plates on a 700 HP Winston Cup Car!!!!

Who needs AC????
who needs plates? hehe id actually try to hop into a Formula 1 car before anything else. Stock Cars bore me.
Old July 21st, 2005, 09:46 AM   #16
GO FAST OR GO HOME

Quote:
who needs plates? hehe id actually try to hop into a Formula 1 car before anything else. Stock Cars bore me.
I was thinking if you painted it black you could almost (?) pass the Cup Car off as a highly modified Chevy Monte Carlo....I think the cop would take a second look at an F1 car screaming down the road.......your call......
Old July 21st, 2005, 09:57 AM   #17
Addicted to the "H"

Send a message via AIM to H0ndaJunkie
I have the Magnaflow catback, and I love it. It looks tight, and it's a LOT louder than my stock setup. This might be helped by the fact that I have a Short Ram intake, and Stainless headers too.
H0ndaJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2005, 10:04 AM   #18

Quote:
I was thinking if you painted it black you could almost (?) pass the Cup Car off as a highly modified Chevy Monte Carlo....I think the cop would take a second look at an F1 car screaming down the road.......your call......
yeah, but could they catch you?
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2005, 10:07 AM   #19
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuzezwild
yeah, but could they catch you?
youd run out of gas in about 90 miles that would be the problem.

but as far the monte carlo im sure the cop would give it a big thumbs up and say be on your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in