comtech exhaust - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2005, 02:53 PM   #1

comtech exhaust

Will comtech catback exhaust for TSX fit on 04 accord coupe V6??????
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2005, 03:25 PM   #2
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
the tsx exhaust fits on the 4 cylinder 7th gen.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 25th, 2005, 03:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotvtec04
Will comtech catback exhaust for TSX fit on 04 accord coupe V6??????
Its comptech not comtech, just a lil friendly info
6SpeedMaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 25th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #4
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Why not just get the Comptech for the V6 like I did? Are you getting a good deal on some TSX Comptechs? I don't think they will fit on the V6.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 25th, 2005, 04:34 PM   #5

oh ok thats all i needed to hear.
Igotvtec04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 25th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #6
Eccenpix

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
the tsx exhaust fits on the 4 cylinder 7th gen.
Are you sure about that? Any source?
Because from what I know, it does not fit w/o minor modification.
Eccen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 25th, 2005, 05:34 PM   #7
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccen
Are you sure about that? Any source?
Because from what I know, it does not fit w/o minor modification.
itai (iobidder) on bwimports has done it. i couldnt tell you if he did or not get it modified to fit.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 25th, 2005, 07:11 PM   #8
From J30A to 4g63

Send a message via AIM to 0Tolerance Send a message via MSN to 0Tolerance Send a message via Yahoo to 0Tolerance Send a message via Skype™ to 0Tolerance
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec
Why not just get the Comptech for the V6 like I did? Are you getting a good deal on some TSX Comptechs? I don't think they will fit on the V6.
Flyvtec, where did you purchase your comptech duals from? And how much with shipping. I heard they dyno at 8Whp. Im looking at them to buy. But i saw 950 plus shipping? Damn
Thanks
Jarek
0Tolerance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 25th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #9

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Tolerance
Flyvtec, where did you purchase your comptech duals from? And how much with shipping. I heard they dyno at 8Whp. Im looking at them to buy. But i saw 950 plus shipping? Damn
Thanks
Jarek
I got mine from ebay and shipping was $19. I paid a total of $1100 including install.

Here is the link but he is on vacation right now so his listings are in hibernation.

http://stores.ebay.com/Acura-of-Escondido-Parts

I dyno'd at 216whp/187wtq with stock intake and the Comptech exhaust. So 8whp with the Comptech is probably close.

They are very expensive but I love them because they look and sound great!
Old July 25th, 2005, 10:34 PM   #10

Comptech is pretty expensive. I mean its good quality, but the power difference between lets say comptech and borla isn't gonna be much if any. Greddy is also good to, they cost around 750+ shipping so its 200 bucks cheaper then the comptech, but if you have the money go for it. Im conservative with my money so I try to get the best bang for the buck.
TEK_03AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #11
Banned

JDM all way homie

greddy be mad tight, as be tanabe....
Lxcord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2005, 03:36 PM   #12
From J30A to 4g63

Send a message via AIM to 0Tolerance Send a message via MSN to 0Tolerance Send a message via Yahoo to 0Tolerance Send a message via Skype™ to 0Tolerance
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK_03AV6
Comptech is pretty expensive. I mean its good quality, but the power difference between lets say comptech and borla isn't gonna be much if any. Greddy is also good to, they cost around 750+ shipping so its 200 bucks cheaper then the comptech, but if you have the money go for it. Im conservative with my money so I try to get the best bang for the buck.
I dunno, $950 + ship for comptech is steep for only 8whp you know? So what are you paying for? Looks? At that price they should do alot better than 8whp, IMO. Any other systems out there that can do better dyno or the same but for less?
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:15 PM   #13

Exhaust isn't really going to give you a lot of hp for our cars. Based on what the dyno guy told me, we lose approx 17% at the wheels with the manual tranny. So I'm thinking...using 17%...I calculate the following:

Stock V6 240hp/212tq.

HP: 240hp x 83% = 199whp
TQ: 212tq x 83% = 176wtq

With stock intake and Comptech exhaust I dyno'd 216whp/187wtq.

So does this mean I got 17whp/11wtq just with Comptech exhaust? I dunno...is 17% a good number?

If you don't want to spend $1K for exhaust...then the Comptech's aren't for you. I bought my exhaust because I didn't want Borla or GReddy or Tanabe and I had the money to spend for Comptechs. My decision was not based on how much whp I would get out of the exhaust. It was based on looks and quality of workmanship and Comptech's reputation for making good stuff for our Hondas/Acuras. The beautiful sound that comes out of the exhaust is just icing on the cake.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the exhaust available for our cars because I'm sure they are all good...it's really up to the buyer how they want to spend their $$$$.
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #14
From J30A to 4g63

Nice writeup, Ill see what kind of $$ i can come up with, but the numbers you show maybe it would be worth the extra bucks. Thanks for the info. Ill decide soon, and post what i got.
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:09 AM   #15
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec
Exhaust isn't really going to give you a lot of hp for our cars. Based on what the dyno guy told me, we lose approx 17% at the wheels with the manual tranny. So I'm thinking...using 17%...I calculate the following:

Stock V6 240hp/212tq.

HP: 240hp x 83% = 199whp
TQ: 212tq x 83% = 176wtq

With stock intake and Comptech exhaust I dyno'd 216whp/187wtq.

So does this mean I got 17whp/11wtq just with Comptech exhaust? I dunno...is 17% a good number?
One - Are (or were you) using premium fuel when you had it dyno'ed? If so, then the base numbers should be 250/222 instead of 240/212.

Two - 17% may be a little strong. Most of the info I've read on Honda manual trannys puts the losses at closer to 15%.

Cause, imo, I just don't see an exhaust adding 17 whp.

My $0.02.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:54 AM   #16
From J30A to 4g63

[QUOTE=03LXV6Guy]One - Are (or were you) using premium fuel when you had it dyno'ed? If so, then the base numbers should be 250/222 instead of 240/212.

Two - 17% may be a little strong. Most of the info I've read on Honda manual trannys puts the losses at closer to 15%.

Cause, imo, I just don't see an exhaust adding 17 whp.

My $0.02.[/QUOTE
Either way 17whp or 8whp, comptech exhaust is pricey, and since there is no other mods avail to add hp, adding exhaust with my cai, is only the option i have. No f/i or s/c so droppin the 950 on exhaust is gonna have to do for now to add something in power terms.
Old July 27th, 2005, 12:59 PM   #17

Well, I was just quoting the 17% based on what the dyno guy told me and since I have no other way of knowing what the parasitic losses actually are for our manual trannies, I used his number.

I only use 91 octane on my car.

Here is the link to Comptech's dyno on the 6-speed Coupes with stock intake and Comptech exhaust. They were able to get a 17whp and 14wtq. So it looks like I was pretty close to their numbers.

The dyno hyperlink is on the bottom left corner of the website:

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/product135.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in