ECU not storing info & Brake squeal issue - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2012, 07:26 PM   #1
Driver for hire

ECU not storing info & Brake squeal issue

I just got hit with 2 very odd issues that have compelled me to bring them to the boards attention. I searched around a bit and couldn't find anything so here's the details on each issue and hopefully some light can be shed to their regard:

2003 Accord V6 Coupe 6spd
Brakes & ECU are OEM

ECU Issue: Going on 30+ Days now
Check engine light went on, MPG decreased. I bought a scan tool and determined that the top O2 sensor was out. Replaced the sensor, cleared the codes with the scanner and have driven roughly 800 miles since with no issues. In the last 30 days I've had to get my car smogged for registration. In the 2 tries I've given it, the computer is telling the shop (in turn telling me) that there is no data being sent by my ECU. It seems that the code clearing that my scanner tool performed has all but left my ECU idle. I checked it again today as I'm running out of time to get my car smogged before registration is due and I'm still getting a script 'No road data is being stored on your ECU', or something to that extent. I'm not going to keep dropping $40 to smog test my car if it keeps failing, and my reader isn't pulling any useful info - what next?

Brake Issue: Happened today (retesting tomorrow)
Just today, coming into downtown - hit some road construction on relatively level newly surfaced roads. The clean up had yet to be done so dust and small rocks were bouncing beneath the car as I drove through no more than 1/4" of the debris. I turned onto 7th and in seconds was overwhelmed by the loudest squealing I've ever heard from a car. It overcame my speakers and exhaust and got just about everyone's attention walking down the streets (probably 1000+ got to enjoy this). It was purely a rotationally engaged issue as it only happened when I was driving and coming to a stop. This sound went on for the next 3/4 of a mile before all but dying out as I drove into my parking garage. I engaged the e-Brake at a light just to make sure maybe they didn't get hung up - but even then, the car drove fine - there was no resistance and I was able to brake just fine at every light. Once in the garage I got out, inspected all 4 brakes, feeling for abnormal heat, poped the hood - no smells all the way around the car, no leaking fluid, not a thing seemed out of place. I'll be driving it again first thing tomorrow AM to fill up on gas and begin my commute to work. Hopefully this will have seemed to fix itself by then. Any ideas what that could be? My best thought is that debris from the road may have gotten lodged in my brake system somewhere, and the sound was it being ground down or something between my rotors and pads...who knows.
Back-to-Basics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM   #2

did you buy denso sensor? Also it sounds like a rock got stuck inbetween your pad/ rotors or something
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:22 PM   #3
Driver for hire

I bought an OEM sensor. Which I believe, yes, is a Denso.

Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:46 AM   #4
Driver for hire

UPDATE: Brakes work just fine.....one down; one to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in