4cyl high output alternator - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #1
JDM UC1

4cyl high output alternator

what is the stock output of the 4cyl's?

i'm looking to change mine to high output one. can someone point me to the right direction? how high should i go?

iv'e noticed since i installed my air suspension my batt is close to dying and my SRS light just came on. tired to troubleshoot but doesn't really want to reset. i read that if your power source is low it makes the SRS to act up. last time i used my car at night the SRS would go on and off. so i'm thinking w/ dual compressors it's really giving my alternator a hard time.

but i also changed my seats, installed my old seat buckle and that box under the seat. so i'm pretty much my old set up. now i did the code look up for the SRS and getting a result of INTERNAL FAILURE OF SRS UNIT.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
toinkee69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 10th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #2

100 amps
180 AMP HIGH OUTPUT ALTERNATOR ELEMENT TSX ACCORD 2.4L - High Amp Performance Output Alternators for Honda

aftermarket is 180
or if u need more 320
https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/2008~...80-320-hp.html
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #3
JDM UC1

i think i'm ok w/ 180 amp? don't have ICE anyways, just dual compressors. thnks for the links Ken.

so i read this:

A 2 gauge (or better) power cable required to complete your upgrade. The power cable mounted between the Battery Positive and Alternator charge post is needed as an additional path for current for the best battery maintenance during higher than normal load times. Use an inline fuse in this additional power cable mounted closer to the battery side. This picture (not representative of the correct car) shows a 4 Gauge Power Cable Upgrade, but for this Alternator You will need a 2 gauge or larger with 150 Amp inline fuse.

so i just need to add another power cable together w/ this alternator.

Old February 10th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #4

you take out your old one. I suggest you do the big 3 upgrade while you are at it. Use 0 gauge wiring and an inline fuse that is above the amp you are choosing. 180 amp so 200amp fuse.

As for the SRS you need to do the resister trick. I am sure you can search for it somewhere on here.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #5
JDM UC1

iv'e seen and read a lot for the SRS reset. just need to change out the alternator and possibly the batt then tackle the SRS. big three sounds good too.
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #6
JDM UC1

well i went to o'reilly this morning and had my alternator and batt checked. guy said i'm all good, alternator kicks up to 14 amps and my batt is good. guy is knowledgeable on air suspension and gave me good advice.

he advised me to get BIG THREE, w/ inline 100 amp fuse. now where to purchase a good kit? also, do i need to change the OEM harness from alternator to batt or just piggy back?

what do you guys think of this? where do i mount them?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FYdxQgodHkgA3Q

Last edited by toinkee69; February 11th, 2013 at 12:03 PM..
Old March 6th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #7
James

I didn't know that the stock amp was only rated at 100 watts. That seems surprising considering it has been chugging along in my car running 4 (albeit small) amplifiers for about a year.

The big three is a good upgrade to stabilize voltage, but after having done it myself I didn't feel that there was any noticeable change. You do not have to remove the OEM harness, just add the 1/0 run to it. The other two are the battery to ground and engine to ground wires. That Tsunami kit would have been good, they have high strand count wire.
jconnway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #8

wouldn't a high output alt create more engine drag = less mpg ???
the main reason i bought a accord [2007] is because of the gas mileage/reliability.
towncarblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #9
JDM UC1

^^^ how?
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by towncarblue View Post
the main reason i bought a accord [2007] is because of the gas mileage/reliability.

it will. i doubt it will make a significant difference though.
cha_cheng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by towncarblue View Post
The only way this would happen is if you get a heavier or larger diameter alternator pulley.

QuantomFsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in