Radio Display and AC - No Display - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pollo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:15 PM  

Radio Display and AC - No Display

Driving the road yesterday, at night, and the display on my radio and HVAC went all blank. I can still play CD's yet unable to operate the AC as cannot view any of the settings.

Any feedback?

Thanks!
sirchadwick is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2013, 03:26 PM  

Trying to get anything out of a Dealership is going to be touch. The TCB states only 7 years or 100K. I have 62K miles, yet just broke 8 years.

Any ideas?

Click below....

Old May 27th, 2013, 06:31 PM  
V6 USER

Hold the cd or aux, i really don't remember, more than 5 to 10 seconds

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mojeorliy is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old May 27th, 2013, 09:41 PM  

Just call Honda of America. They will take care of it .
Z3R0 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:44 PM  

They should cover it. You might have to complain, a little.
BLCKFLSH is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:22 PM  

recall?

Had this problem with my accord, the dealership replaced the whole stereo/AC control unit under a recall no charge to me.
vtec-power is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 1st, 2013, 10:25 AM  

I called Honda of America, and after giving them my VIN, they told me that my car was not affected by this problem and is not covered.

Went to the dealership and they told me they will good will warrant the radio and replace the board for $100.

What kind of crap is this?
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:10 AM  

thats bogus they're not covering you, i know a few buddies who have the car and have had the exact same thing happen to them. honda replaced it no charge
ramsey1166 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old June 14th, 2013, 04:15 AM  

Some honda dealerships are greedy as heck, Am I right?

I'd say find a brand new part on ebay for very cheap if possible. Only problem is labor, right? It's no walk in the park.

I'd keep on calling your local dealership and tell them you need to have it replaced under warranty. Don't ask them if they can or ask them anything. Don't give them the option to deny you.

Tell them straight up in a polite and determined straight forward manor. Tell them "Hello, how's your day going?" they say "good and you?" you say "I'm not doing good at all" they say "why's that?". This is your opportunity to out right tell them it's 110F outside and I'm baking in my damn near brand new honda accord because my AC display doesn't work. I need to setup an appointment to have the AC Display unit replaced under recall warranty this week. You wait on the line and if they give you any crap what's so ever ask for their manager. Tell him exactly the same thing and don't ask any questions. Never give them an opportunity to say no. Tell him you need to setup an appointment to get this replaced as soon as possible. If you have to come up with a lie tell them your wife/ girlfriend/ baby/ kid could experience heat exhaustion or death because this AC/display isn't working correctly.

Next thing you know your bringing it in on Monday at 8AM to have it replaced 100% free of charge in a few hours time.

GOOD LUCK!
Old June 15th, 2013, 10:31 AM  

Dealerships are terrible....

They ordered a new "complete" radio to be exchanged and said they will do this for $100 as a customer good will. Hmmm.. Bought 3 Honda's from this dealership. The TCB does not include my car, so they kinda got me buy the balls.
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:52 AM  

you could try this guide
No Display Radio Fix - Drive Accord Honda Forums
Domi_no likes this.
pollo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2013, 06:13 AM  

I wanted to share an unpleasant experience at the local Honda Dealership which is really frustrating me in reference to the radio failure.

Here is the series of problems that occurred:

1) Radio displayed failed, and they stated since it is beyond the TSB dates, they will do the fix for $100 per Honda.

2) Took 5 weeks to order the part, and they installed it, and the radio remained dim in lightening. However, the CD player would not allow any media to be inserted. When driving into the dealership I was listening to CD's and removed them prior to the fix.

3) The dealer is refusing to assist, and they said I broke the CD mechanism and that it is my responsibility. Hmmmm... They looked at the transport and told me that this deck must have been defective for quite some time by looking at the support assembly.

They are telling me they will order the so-called power board that WILL fix the problem and said sorry about your luck on the CD player.

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks.
Old August 5th, 2013, 09:58 AM  

hey guys i got a question regarding my accord radio display too. The radio screen in cracked. my car is a couple 05 v6 no navi. it works great i can still see the temperature numbers when ac is on, when i stwitch the ac mode and other things like cd, radio it works great. the thing is it haves a crack on it. i find it hard to believe it was a punch on anything since the screen have like 1/4 inch space behind the plastic cover. I looked on ebay and the whole radio with all buttons is like 400-500$. but just the buttons part is less than 180$. my question is this face with buttons incluce the screen too? or i have to replace the whole thing?
acc37 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in