6 Disc CD Changer not working?? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2015, 06:42 AM   #1
Accordv6speed

Unhappy 6 Disc CD Changer not working??

I asked this question a few weeks ago but never got any answers and I am hoping someone has experienced the same? I recently took my radio out of the car (with the battery disconnected) and upon putting it back in, the CD player is not recognized. It has 6 CD's in it, but will not go to CD mode, it doesnt show the 6 little disc icons next to the clock, but everything else works just fine. When I start the car or turn the key to on, I can hear the CD changer, changing the disc's around, but its almost like the laser is not reading them?

The radio is a non navigation unit, and I have, again, checked to ensure everything is properly pinned and secured and still it does not work.

I have used the diagnostic mode on the radio and really everything seems fine and I do not know what has happened to it? I also have the factory service and repair manuals and have gone all through that and there is nothing referring to the CD player not being recognized.

I will spend some time this weekend ohming out the wiring harnesses and ensuring I have power where I should but thats all I have for ideas, short of buying a new radio unit!

Could it possibly have kicked the bucket? Any help would be appreciated.
accordv6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 20th, 2015, 05:29 PM   #2

I have the same problem, but I did an oem navigation conversion, not sure if I miswired something or if it's not working, my old non-nav one worked just fine
Joseph Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 26th, 2015, 08:48 AM   #3
Accordv6speed

I took mine to the Honda dealership, against my better judgement, since I knew the service manager there, and he took me to a technician in the back.

Now, I have been looking through the wiring and stuff behind the radio looking for something obvious (so needless to say, my dash is all taken apart) and the technician got in and turned the key on and immediately says "You need to have this radio rebuilt or buy a new one. We can do the work and you can leave the car here and take a loaner... blah blah.." So instead of noticing that I am at least half ass capable of taking everything apart, he tries to sell me a whole new radio and install? Instead of telling or advising me on the direction I could take to remedy the problem.

I dont know what the problem is still, I think it may be the laser is burned out or a short, but I just spent $25 on an AUX adapter and put it all back together!
accordv6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 2nd, 2015, 12:42 AM   #4

i went through the same thing and the 6 CD Player Changer failing is a common problem. mine ended up failing just before i could add an AUX.

most of the info was posted on DriverAccord.net so i'll copy/pasta:

CD Changer not functioning and CD/AUX button unresponsive
CD Changer not functioning and CD/AUX button unresponsive - Drive Accord Honda Forums

OEM 6 Disc Changer internals - quick teardown and 6 CDs removed w/pics
OEM 6 Disc Changer internals - quick teardown and 6 CDs removed w/pics - Drive Accord Honda Forums
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in