Driveshaft issue causing serious vibration / pulsing (VIDEO) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2015, 09:49 PM   #1

Driveshaft issue causing serious vibration / pulsing (VIDEO)

Hi V6P hopefully you guys can help me out. I've been having a vibration issue with my car (2004 Accord 4 door V6) so I decided I'd bring it to Honda since they are literally a 1 minute drive from my work. Big Mistake. I paid $1000 to replace my front engine mount and my passenger side drive shaft as they said this is the cause of my vibration. So I take my car off the lot and the vibration is still present. So I called them right away and told them so I can book an appointment to come back the next morning. So they check the car for a second time and now decide to tell me that my compliance bushing on my drivers side was done and needs replacing. So I said the hell with Honda I'm going to get my buddy to replace the whole lower control arm for half the price. After replacement of the LCA the vibration is still present. So I decided maybe it's an alignment issue but the alignment place did a quick test drive and diagnostic and noticed the driveshaft was wobbling and suggested I get Honda to replace it. So I went back to Honda for a third time and they said they confirmed that the drive shaft was wobbling so they replaced it with a brand new one. Again the issue is still present so I jacked up my car and noticed the driveshaft IS STILL WOBBLING! I don't know what else the issue can be at this point. Maybe some of you have had the same issue? Any information will help. Thanks!!

Here's a link to the video I took of the driveshaft: http://youtu.be/BN2l8l567uI

Don't mind the rattling sound in the video that's one of my pulleys that need replacing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nforce19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2015, 11:09 PM   #2

sounds like your axles are messed up. I am having the very same issue. Wobbling under certain load and speed.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2015, 07:45 AM   #3

Do you mean the drive shaft(axle) shown in my video is messed up? Because according to Honda that's the second one they put in my car. I also notice that with a passenger in my car the vibration/wobbling/pulsing is a lot stronger. I feel the vibration at all speeds but feel it most around 30-60 km/h.

Old May 14th, 2015, 03:32 PM   #4
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

If the second axle they put in was Brand New OEM Honda, and you still have the vibration, etc...
...I'm going to lean more towards a bushing/bearing in the tranny housing that has worn out and is allowing the axle assembly to "float" or move around when it should not be doing so.

Seems like I remember a thread about a tranny bushing/bearing that will do this where NVA-AV6 had mentioned the cause, but I cannot remember if it was for Automatics or Manuals.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2015, 06:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEEELMAN View Post
If the second axle they put in was Brand New OEM Honda, and you still have the vibration, etc...
...I'm going to lean more towards a bushing/bearing in the tranny housing that has worn out and is allowing the axle assembly to "float" or move around when it should not be doing so.

Seems like I remember a thread about a tranny bushing/bearing that will do this where NVA-AV6 had mentioned the cause, but I cannot remember if it was for Automatics or Manuals.

So I went to another mechanic to check it out and he mentioned exactly what you just said. He noticed that the driveshaft was wobbling so he said obviously something is causing it to wobble and therefore he checked farther down the line. He then noticed that my half shaft was also wobbling/ had an off-centric rotation. This then lead him to believe that the bearing inside the tranny was worn and not holding the half shaft in place to rotate perfectly which is causing my vibration to the wheels.

Sad, I just had this tranny rebuilt three years ago.

I believe my accord days have officially come to an end.

So much for purchasing the inspire headlights.

Thanks for the reply WHEELMAN, you just reconfirmed what my mechanic told me. At least now I know my mechanic isn't out to rip me off
Old May 14th, 2015, 07:20 PM   #6
yal

Really sad that the Honda techs couldnt figure it out. The minute they pulled the new driveshaft they should have noticed that there was nothing wrong with it and that would have led a good mech to check further down the drive train. Unbelievable.
yal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2015, 07:40 PM   #7

Trust me YAL, you're preaching to the choir man. I went there for one reason and one reason only. To have a licensed Honda mechanic who works almost strictly on Hondas to diagnose my issue correctly.....annnnnnnnd they failed.
Old May 15th, 2015, 07:30 AM   #8

Do you guys think its worth me swapping a new motor into the accord or should I cut my losses and look for something else. I dont think ill get much for my car which means I would probably have to put another 3k on top of what I get for my car to be able to puchase something half decent. Im also not a big fan of financing, I just hate having payments so Id rather spend the money flat out.

Let me know what you guys think, if Its really not worth a swap then I gotta start looking around.
Old May 15th, 2015, 09:00 AM   #9

find a j32a3. they are like 400-800 dollars.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2015, 09:09 AM   #10

I'm not very engine inclined so I'm not even going to pretend like I know much.

I was reading some other threads on here, and if I'm not mistaken it would be a direct swap, correct?

What happens though to the CPU? Can I run my original or do I need to replace that when I swap the motor also.

Is there any setbacks from swapping to a J32a3? For example, any parts that aren't direct fit, are the engine mounts exactly the same, is there anything more I would need to buy for the swap to be plug and play?

Also, are there any reputable places that you guys know about to find engines? I'm located in Canada, if that changes anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in