Need help. P1222 code - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2015, 09:50 AM   #1

Need help. P1222 code

My car is coming up with a P1222 code. I thought that it was the tps sensor that was bad. Replaced that and the car ran fine. Next day I started it and got the same code. My device I use couldnt even clear the code this time. It would go through the whole process of clearing it and then it would come right back on. I then started up the car and unhooked the TPS sensor and hooked it back up. I was then able to clear the code. I started it up and shut it off a couple times and the check engine light stayed off. This is what it was doing before I bought the new TPS sensor as well. So I have a good feeling it is going to come back on. I am going to make sure all the connectors are all hooked up good today after work just to rule that out. I dont want to drive it far because when the code does come on it puts the car in limp mode. I get a check engine light and my VSA light comes on.

Anyone have any thoughts of what it could be? Just want some ideas on what to look for if it does come back on.
bozos_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 14th, 2015, 11:36 AM   #2

What the code is saying is Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor.Switch D Circuit Low Input. Any ideas on what it could be?
Old September 14th, 2015, 02:27 PM   #3

Check your grounds??
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 14th, 2015, 03:29 PM   #4

Is there a reference voltage? Generally ecu uses a 5vdc for reference. If it's significantly below 5 and the is their check for a short. If not it may be at/with the ecu.
Rich01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 14th, 2015, 05:03 PM   #5

Just checked everything. Even used some canned air to spray the connectors. Will have to wait and see if it did anything or not. I don't understand because it takes a little bit before it comes on. When it does come on its usually at start up.
Old September 14th, 2015, 05:05 PM   #6

You saying it could be the ecu? Hope not. You know if it could possibly be something with a map for hondata? This problem started after I did the latest map that Dom gave me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich01 View Post
Is there a reference voltage? Generally ecu uses a 5vdc for reference. If it's significantly below 5 and the is their check for a short. If not it may be at/with the ecu.
Old September 14th, 2015, 06:15 PM   #7

Easy to check if it's map, go back to the last one that worked. ECU would a last resort. I would check wiring and make sure it's not grounding out. According to a quick search the low reading of the TPS signal should be .17-.2 volts. Anything lower and you'll get the code. Also, was there any adjustment made to the new sensor before installation?

Here's a troubleshoot reference from a Prelude. Let us know what you find. GL.

http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/hon...e-P0122-page-2
Old September 14th, 2015, 08:31 PM   #8

What adjustments would need to be made to the new sensor? Dom doesn't think a map could cause this. That is why I have not tried using a pervious map.

What is a good way to check voltage?
Old September 14th, 2015, 08:44 PM   #9

What was the last thing that happened/ did before the code came up? I know you replaced the accelerator positioning sensor. What else did you do before hand? The night before you said the car drove perfectly.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 14th, 2015, 08:57 PM   #10

Absolutely nothing. That's what I don't get. This is what it did before I replaced it as well. It would come on and I would clear the code and then it would take a couple days before it would come on again. Last two days I have been starting it and letting it run giving it gas every now and then. No check engine light yet. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old September 14th, 2015, 10:20 PM   #11

Never mind on the "how to check voltage" was on my phone so I didnt check the link. Im just hoping that it was something loose or not clean in the connections. Will have to wait and see if it comes on again.
Old September 15th, 2015, 04:39 AM   #12

No problem, hope it's all set now.
Old September 15th, 2015, 06:32 AM   #13

We shall see. Going to drive it when I get home from work today.
Old September 15th, 2015, 08:51 AM   #14

That's so weird. Maybe you gotta trace the wire and check continuity. Sounds like there might be a break in the line where it would get power someday and then crap out on other days
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2015, 11:55 AM   #15

I messed with all the plugs yesterday started it and let it run and shut it off numerous times. Even gave it gas a bunch of times as well. Going to drive it after work and see what happens. Also think I made the throttle cable too tight. Dont know if that has anything to do with it. So I loosened that up as well.
Old September 15th, 2015, 03:52 PM   #16
The Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozos_si View Post
I messed with all the plugs yesterday started it and let it run and shut it off numerous times. Even gave it gas a bunch of times as well. Going to drive it after work and see what happens. Also think I made the throttle cable too tight. Dont know if that has anything to do with it. So I loosened that up as well.
Are you DBW or DBC?

Depending on how the voltages read with the throttle in closed position vs open having it too open via the cable may have been causing some of it. I know that motors react differently to having the cable overtightened vs having the TB stops set to the same position as that tight cable would be at.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2015, 05:06 PM   #17

DBW I believe. I have a 2006 accord v6 6 speed. It has a cable that goes from the gas pedal to the tps sensor and from the tps sensor it has a wire that goes from that to the throttle body.

So as of now the car is running with no check engine light. But the last map that DOM did is not running like it was before. Car is not idling right and I am getting some surging again. Going to redo the last map and hope that everything still works right.
Old September 15th, 2015, 09:48 PM   #18

Is Dom tuning you with the Dual TB?
Old September 16th, 2015, 04:39 AM   #19

Yes he is. He hasnt done a map for me in a while though because of this. I need to do a WOT through 3rd gear and I really dont want this code coming on under full throttle. Dont think anything good could come of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich01 View Post
Is Dom tuning you with the Dual TB?

Last edited by bozos_si; September 16th, 2015 at 04:52 AM..
Old September 16th, 2015, 04:42 AM   #20

Yeah, always better to work out the kinks before tuning.
Old September 16th, 2015, 04:54 AM   #21

DOM also asked me if I used HDS to try and calibrate the throttle body. Not sure where I could go to do that. Mainly because I have DTBS. I think if I brought it to Honda they would be like WTF. We cant work on that.
Old October 21st, 2015, 08:04 AM   #22

I hope the problem is fixed. If it is fixed it had nothing to do with the sensor on the firewall. Once I know for sure I will post pictures of what to do in case this happens to anyone else. I believe if this totally fixed the problem the only bad thing is you cant buy the part that needs to be replaced. You would have to buy a whole throttle body. I just got lucky I had an extra one to experiment on.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 04:45 AM   #23

Problem is not fixed. Started the car the other day and it came right on again. So far I have changed the app sensor twice. Both brand new ones and the TPS sensor once. Code still keeps coming on. This is mainly happening at cold starts after the car sits for a couple days. Any thoughts on what the problem could be would be greatly appreciated because I am lost. I dont know what to do or what to look for.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 04:52 AM   #24

I am really starting to think my ecu is bad. Any good way to test it?
Old November 18th, 2015, 04:42 AM   #25

Had a guy on an acura facebook forum tell me this. Going to have to check this out over the weekend.

"Code is a app low voltage code, since you have already changed the app sensor I would suspect a possible harness issue. I ran into this once on a tl. The 6 wires that run to the sensor (right where it T's off the main harness) had a break at the split. Under a full load the engine would move enough to open the break. Then it would make contact again making it very difficult to find."

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
That's so weird. Maybe you gotta trace the wire and check continuity. Sounds like there might be a break in the line where it would get power someday and then crap out on other days
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in