2005 Accord EXL- With Navi System - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2015, 12:08 AM   #1

2005 Accord EXL- With Navi System

Just bought this car used from a not so honest person. It turns out that since the Navi system does not work I have no way to set my clock or control my a/c and heat flow.
Don't care about navi but the rest is aggravating! Is it possible to downgrade to a non navi radio/temperature system?

Honda tells me I have to replace my whole unit to the tune of @$4G and that is never gonna happen but I do like the car soloing for a better solution that I can live with. Otherwise I'm just gonna sell it and chalk it up to my own stupidity for letting myself get conned. Any helpful suggestions appreciated!
Yanksgrl46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2015, 05:40 AM   #2
Carpe Diem

Look on ebay, you can get a used navigation unit for $300-400. Very easy to swap them out.
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 22nd, 2015, 10:49 AM   #3

I don't want another navi unit. Too many problems! I want to know if it's possible to switch my in dash navi unit with a non navi unit and actually be able to control my clock and temperature.

Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:21 AM   #4

yes. it plug and play but the top a/c dash display is going to be useless
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 22nd, 2015, 02:34 PM   #5

Well it's pretty much useless now cuz I can't control the ac anyway, just the fan. So thanks this is good news!
Old September 24th, 2015, 10:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanksgrl46 View Post
Just bought this car used from a not so honest person. It turns out that since the Navi system does not work I have no way to set my clock or control my a/c and heat flow.
Don't care about navi but the rest is aggravating! Is it possible to downgrade to a non navi radio/temperature system?

Honda tells me I have to replace my whole unit to the tune of @$4G and that is never gonna happen but I do like the car soloing for a better solution that I can live with. Otherwise I'm just gonna sell it and chalk it up to my own stupidity for letting myself get conned. Any helpful suggestions appreciated!
If I may. What exactly is wrong with your setup that is not working? There is a possibility that I can help you fix it. I have been a car electronics installer for fifteen years. And I can repair some circuitry. Depending on what is wrong, I could walk you through it. Also depends on you ability to tuse certain tools. You can either PM me, or hit me up here.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old September 25th, 2015, 10:27 AM   #7

I don’t think I would call this stupidity or getting conned if you bought a 10 year old Honda, and the only main issue is the Navi / climate control system. The dealership is only going to offer you “new in box” product and the cost of labor. I doubt they would offer more affordable options. Posting here is a good call, due to the members here can give you affordable advice, and/or options. I hope you get this fixed the way you want it fixed, and I hope you enjoy a great vehicle. Mine is a 06, V6, 6M, bone stock with over 140K miles on it, and I love it. Extremely fun on the road, and it cracks me up I can hang, and sometimes beat V8’s out there that are up to 3 times the price of mine.
Domi_no is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 26th, 2015, 06:11 PM   #8

By the way, I see that you are in the NY, NJ, CT area. Or so says your info. I am located in MA on the RI boarder. Depending g on how far you are located, I might be willing to meet up and run some diagnosis. And possibly a fix. Could very well be a simple fix. That is of course if you are not dead set aginst having the nav. As far as if it is possible to use the controls without it. If you have not found the answer as of yet, I am doing some research into it

Last edited by Jaytronics; September 26th, 2015 at 06:35 PM..
Jaytronics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 26th, 2015, 06:36 PM   #9

So, you can get an aftermarket dash kit and wiring harness. I believe. And put in a good or cheap head unit if you would like. Truthfully, I have never seen the NAV setup in that generation Honda in all my 15 years.
From what I have seen in some pictures, your nav unit doesn't really have anything to do with your climate controls. I could be wrong. Here us what I have gathered. If you want to go this rout, I can get you the dash kit at what I pay for them. I have my own business. This is one of the things I do for a living. The only thing I would ask is that you pay for my fuel to and from. Again, depends on how far you are away. Any way, let me know. And, if you have already repaired or replaced it. Then great.

Old September 26th, 2015, 06:37 PM   #10

This is a post filler because I can not post links or pictures without posting 10 times. This is number nine.

Old September 26th, 2015, 06:39 PM   #11

This is number ten. So now, I should be all set to link up some pictures. Be right back.

Old September 26th, 2015, 06:41 PM   #12

Is this what your dash looks

Here is the dash kit that will work. To give you heater controls again.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in