Need help, Car doesn't pass 2200rpm - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2015, 03:48 PM   #1

Need help, Car doesn't pass 2200rpm

Hey guys. New member, longtime reader.

So before I begin, I searched and nothing similiar to what I'm experiencing.
So I have an issue with my 03 Accord 6-6. Started roughly a 5 days ago. It began to bog while driving on the highway going roughly ~60. I was about 2 minutes from home and was able to make it. Thinking nothing much of it, I tried driving to work the next day and noticed it wouldn't pass 3500 rpm. It was rough getting to that point also. The more I drove it the less it was able to accelerate. Now I'm at the point where it doesn't go pass 2000 rpm while driving but also doesn't go faster than about 20 mph. If you hold the gas pedal down, at say 1500 rpm, it fluctuates about 500 rpm each way.

At this point I just can't figure it out. It has spark plugs that are 3 weeks old, new valve cover gaskets, and a new MAP sensor.

Any help?
Orly_CM8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 4th, 2015, 05:59 PM   #2

Does it idle ok? They are a number things that can cause it to go into limp mode. Did you use NGK iridium or equivalent plugs? Did the plug hole gaskets got damaged when replacing the valve cover gaskets? You could have oil in the plug holes. Plug each coil while idling and listen for a change in idle. If no change, then that coil is bad. Why was the MAP sensor replaced?
Rich01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2015, 05:07 AM   #3

Cats blocked up?
Domi_no is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 5th, 2015, 05:25 AM   #4

Car idles fine, which is the weird part. And yes the Denso in the car were replaced with NGK Laser iridiums. I'll checc the coils once I'm out of work, but I did replace the plug hole gaskets also since they were included in the set.

And how could I tell if it's the cat?
Old November 5th, 2015, 07:34 AM   #5

Yeah, make sure you don't have oil in any of the plug holes. To check the cats on the car would require pulling the J-Pipe and the primary O2 sensor. Use a bright flashlight and shine through the O2 sensor hole and check from the opposite end, where the jpipe goes, if you can see any light. Also, you can pull the egr valve and clean it out (tho this would cause idle issues). If you see any white chunks in there, it could be pieces of the cats.

Do a scan for any pending OBDII codes.
Rich01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2015, 02:17 PM   #6

I forgot to mention before I cleaned the EGR recently as well as checced the coil pacc to ensure there was no oil coming out to the spark plugs. Still not out of work to see if there's any bad coils, I'll do that soon. I'll try to get it to a shop since it's not really drivable as of now to see if they can checc for any pending codes or bad cats.
Old November 7th, 2015, 12:31 PM   #7

Bump for help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in