Separating highbeam with the normal beams - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2016, 07:32 PM   #1

Separating highbeam with the normal beams

Hey guys i was just wondering how i would separate the highbeam and normal beam toggle because my highbeam only works if i have my headlights on or when i activate my highbeam it activates both lights. I saw an accord in my local area using the highbeam spot as a daylight and i figured it would look really nice to have just the HighBeam and foglights on.
WinstonDouble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2016, 06:31 AM   #2

what year is your accord. i believe the 2006 and 2007 have day light option which turns on the high beam at 50% power during day time . 2003 to 2005 dont have this feature but im sure there is a way around to get it , ive seen 2005 accord with this feature but my 2005 dont have it. wish i could to come across the tutorial on how to do this .

good luck finding out how to do so and if you do please do share it here.
remixedg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2016, 12:05 PM   #3

You could run a separate switch and wiring with a resistor into the high beam circuit for diy drl
Ktm434 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 4th, 2016, 02:52 PM   #4

I can't tell: are you wanting to use the high beams as daytime running lights (as per factory on '03-'07 Canada models and '06-'07 US models)? Or you want to be able to have the high beams on at night without the low beams?

If you want high beam DRLs, they can't be full-voltage/full-intensity, which is dangerous and illegal. They have to be 50% power. There used to be aftermarket add-on modules to add this kind of DRL to any car, but they've grown difficult to get a hold of. There's a DIY circuit to rig it up, though, which some guy posted at team-integra.net/forum/blogs/drcheap/353-high-beams-drl-without-losing-high-beams.html . I scrutinized the circuit and talked with the guy who designed it and am satisfied it's legit.

If all you want to do is turn off your low beams at night while you're running with high beams (why?), that can be accomplished with a pretty simple cutout relay.
Isocat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in