Valve adjustment on 06 3.0 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2016, 09:30 AM   #1
Wingdreamer

Valve adjustment on 06 3.0

This was 3 years ago:

So, once my car hit 100,000 miles, I decided to set the valves. Car was dead quiet and ran beautiful. Not wanting to wait till I burned an exhaust valve, I bought the special Honda valve adjustment tool, angled feelers and went at it. As I am no stranger to setting valves (on both cars and bikes), I followed my standard procedure and chose the mid-point in the valve lash spec (not minimum, not max). To be safe, I leaned towards "better a little loose than a little tight".
Put it all back together and discovered that several valves are ticky... Engine runs perfect otherwise.. No, I am not hearing bottom end or injector clicking...

Fast forward to a 18 months ago....

I decided to pull it apart again and redo it....triple checked every thing and did a few adjusts that seemed a little loose..... put it back together and.... doesn't sound any better....still runs/performs excellent... just valve ticking that wasn't there before I did the first adjustment..

OK... today.... ready to rip it apart for the 3rd time.... Any suggestions?

I know I wont hurt anything to leave it this way, but even the wife pointed it out to me... grrrrr....

Please dont bash me with the "wasn't broke, didnt need fixing" line. That line only applies to light bulbs.... everything else requires maintenance....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 2nd, 2018, 11:29 AM   #2

Ticking isn't not a sign that something is wrong. An audible test is NEVER accurate. If you've been in spec and have stayed in spec every time you've checked it, I would not worry about it. These cars are prone to tick.
Joshadamains is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 5th, 2018, 05:40 PM   #3
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

I would adjust to the tighter side. They loosen up, they never get tighter.

Contact parts cause wear on the tolerances,....
What was once perfect middle ground, could have become too loose.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in