Metal grinding on start and squeaky wheel - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2017, 05:50 PM   #1

Metal grinding on start and squeaky wheel

These two issues are probably entirely unrelated, but they seemed to begin around the same time, which was last week.

First, i noticed at the end of the crank, when my engine turns over, there's a very short but noticeable metal grinding sound. It's hard to describe, but it's kind of similar to the sound of a sword being unsheathed in a Hollywood movie. It started out as like maybe 1/8th second long. As of today is probably 1/2 second long. I replaced the starter a couple months ago with a new one (no reman) from Rock auto. Not sure if that could be causing it, just throwing it out there in case. Also, my ECU started throwing P0325 for the knock sensor circuit a couple weeks ago. Again, not sure if it could be related. The grinding happens at cold starts and probably half the warm starts.

Second, i noticed on Friday that my front driver's side wheel/suspension/steering is squeaking like an old hooptie. It started out of nowhere. It squeaks when i turn the wheel and if i push down on the car above that wheel. I replaced the upper and lower front control arms about 2-3 years ago, if that means anything. I also annihilated that particular tire on a city construction steel plate a couple weeks ago. The rim was good enough to take a new tire, but maybe i messed up something in the suspension or steering? The squeaking is independent of the braking or vehicle speed. Pretty sure my shocks are garbage at this point, so maybe it's them? They pass the bounce test, but i can feel every crack i roll over on any road.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Fat Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2017, 04:05 PM   #2

Anybody?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Fat Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2017, 10:25 AM   #3

for the squeak, what balljoints did you use? if they were moog then no surprise there, they make that ****ty sound after only a short time, usually only in cold weather. you can use a syringe and inject some grease in there to be sure, if its them (usually lower balljoint) then it will stop squeak immediately after grease injection.

the code is prob a bad knock sensor, they are relatively cheap, but you need to remove the IM and runners to access it for replacement, how does the car drive?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in