Rattle/Buzz and rough ride in low gears on cold start - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2017, 02:16 PM   #1

Question Rattle/Buzz and rough ride in low gears on cold start

I bought my 2004 accord v6 6mt a couple months ago. Since then, I noticed a rattle/buzzing sound coming from just to the right of the dashboard. I went through a Haynes manual and found it could be the mt fluid, and it was due for a change anyways, so I refilled that... still rattled. After some digging, I found the catalytic converter shields tend to rattle, so I removed the floor shield, which was beat to pieces. I thought this fixed the rattle for good, but lo and behold.. it's still rattling. The sound happens when I first start driving the car after a while, in 1st from 1200rpm-3000rpm, then 2nd from 2100rpm-3000rpm, then fades away in 3rd. ALSO, once the car has been running for a bit, the rattling does NOT come back, even in 1st and 2nd. As an additional note, when in the low gears, the car tends to lurch and bump around, so I have to baby the throttle by being very light on it. Not sure if this is related to the rattling, but it's also a problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Gunnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in