ABS traction light and (!) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By blkcoupe03
  • 1 Post By Z3R0
  • 1 Post By smugglekhan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:10 AM   #1

ABS traction light and (!)

Hello fellow members i searched and cannot find anything specific to my problem and would really appreciate if someone can chime in.
My abs,Tcs and (!) tcs hazard lights comes on at the same time. first it would come on and then when i would turn off the car and start it again they will go away and than come back after a week or so. past week its been coming on and than off and now its on all the time.
I do have HDS and i clear all the codes and even went ahead and test all the sensor with HDS with no problem. but today as soon as I start the car and start backing out in reverse the lights came back on again.
when I did the search I'm getting mixed answer as some are saying it is the abs module, some are saying its the brake switch under the pedal and some are saying it is the accelerator position sensor.

One thing I noticed last week was when i would hit the brake I would hear the abs turn on for like maybe 1 or 2 clicks and than all these lights would come on. that's the only explanation I have. all the sensor were working fine when the codes were clear and the ABS tested with HDS. as the pedal would go up and down and I would hear the abs motor turn on so i know for sure its working.
If anyone had experience with this problem please advice. I do not want to throw in parts and would like to know the source of this problem.Thank you
smugglekhan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2018, 09:48 AM   #2

Out of curiosity what abs codes were you getting?
steve4748 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 12th, 2018, 11:56 AM   #3

I was getting codes for all the sensors. open/short when i did the dtc. cleared it after that and than ran the abs test for all for sensor which checked out to be good but today morning when i start the car no lights but as soon as i start backing out from the lot all the lights came on!.

Old July 12th, 2018, 03:42 PM   #4

I had a similar problem. I replaced the brake switch just because its inexpensive. Then if i remember correctly my scanner had me do a procedure that resets the TCS, brake and (!). After doing that they never came back on. I think you can also do the reset procedure manually through the OBDII connector.
smugglekhan likes this.
blkcoupe03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 13th, 2018, 04:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcoupe03 View Post
I had a similar problem. I replaced the brake switch just because its inexpensive. Then if i remember correctly my scanner had me do a procedure that resets the TCS, brake and (!). After doing that they never came back on. I think you can also do the reset procedure manually through the OBDII connector.
x2. Should be the brake switch. Quick, inexpensive fix.
smugglekhan likes this.

Last edited by Z3R0; July 17th, 2018 at 04:07 PM..
Z3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 14th, 2018, 01:12 PM   #6

thank you guys!!. I will buy the part and swap it out and will keep you guys posted.really hoping this should solve the problem.
Old July 18th, 2018, 10:57 AM   #7

Changed the brake switch and now i am getting the front right wheel speed sensor.I will double check all the wires once i get off work and will post.
Old July 20th, 2018, 05:20 PM   #8

Wheel speed sensor will for sure make those warning lights come one. Let us know your results.
blkcoupe03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2018, 10:16 AM   #9

UPDATE:
Problem still not fixed after changing the brake switch. the light does not come on with brake now and every time i turn off the car and than start it the lights are gone but as soon as i turn the steering a little the light comes on.all the lights. A day earlier the light went out by it self while driving and i tested the abs by jamming the brakes and it worked. turn on the traction control and did a launch and the traction was turning on as it should. I am pretty sure now its not the sensors or the abs module something else is triggering it.
do we have a steering angle sensor that might be throwing everything out of wack that i am not aware of?any recommendation will help guys. I have exhausted my resources
Old July 30th, 2018, 10:51 AM   #10

I don't know for sure if there is a steering angle sensor but I know when you go reset the ABS module, it wants the car to be on level ground and the steering wheel straight. So based on that I would assume so.
quickkick127 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2019, 11:56 AM   #11

problem solved. it was the abs sensor on the passenger front wheel!
yal likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in