Tokico Shocks - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2003, 08:33 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to NinjaHV
Tokico Shocks

anyone know if Tokico has/will have anything in production for the 7th gens? I was planning on getting the KONIs that are supposebly coming in the winter, but I totally overlooked the fact that my GCs probably won't fit over them.
NinjaHV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2003, 09:43 PM   #2

to use koni shocks and ground control coilovers, you must purchase special adapters from ground control, (dont quote me ) but i believe they are $40 for a set of four, the adapter allows the ground control sleeve to sit around the shock perfectly....and also neuspeed edition koni yellows are the ones to get if they come availible, the have 5 grooves for the snap ring (instead of the normal 2 in the front and 3 in the rear), that means you can adjust you ride height even more......also the shock shaft is 20mm shorter..........means longer lasting shocks and better performance for a lowered car
clay7160 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 10th, 2003, 10:10 AM   #3
Rolling on 19's

There is no need to buy the adapters. My friend has the ground control coilovers and got the koni shocks, the installer had to grind something to make it sit right. As long as you trust the person doing it and he knows how to there should be reason why you will need to buy the adapters. We tried looking at what he grinded down but we werent able to see.
00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 18th, 2007, 06:46 PM   #4
_

rather than start a new thread, i decided to revive one after searching.

does anyone have the hp tokico shocks? or do people not admit that? i have heard these are sufficient enough on other cars, but no one seems to have them on ours.

for less than $300 a set i can only imagine they aren't great, but the name is there.

i blew out my front right shock soon after s-tech install and am looking at options. most people have koni, but i wanted to know who has these or one of the other brands. cause they are nearly half price. i'm sure for a reason.

i have also seen that some of those cheaper after market shocks say they aren't made to handle aggressive drops. is s-tech aggressive?
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 18th, 2007, 09:53 PM   #5
Formerly EPS Sniper

Send a message via AIM to ATX 6Speed
I was wondering this myself. Everyone thinks that the Tokico blues are not out, but apparently they are. For 269 shipped, its a hell of a deal. Add some spring for 140-160 shipped and you got yourself a good drop.

Tokico makes good stuff. These aren't Illuminas, but I would think they're better than your standard KYB GR-2s or the factory shocks.
ATX 6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 19th, 2007, 04:09 PM   #6

was researching the tokicos and stumbled on the eibach pro damper kit, which i saw for $350...might be a good alternative for you. anyone know if these plus neuspeed race springs would be a good or bad combo? i believe there's no adjustability with the eibachs. thanks!
islandaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 19th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #7

you want to change from Koni to tokico?May I know why?Though tokico is worse then Koni....
liuhendy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 19th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to accord03
tokico blues are stock replacements...so if u lower ur car they will blow faster.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello Prius.

old sn: AwSoMNaMjA
accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2007, 12:34 AM   #9
Formerly EPS Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandaccord
was researching the tokicos and stumbled on the eibach pro damper kit, which i saw for $350...might be a good alternative for you. anyone know if these plus neuspeed race springs would be a good or bad combo? i believe there's no adjustability with the eibachs. thanks!
Dude, where did you find them for 350? Where they for the v6?
Old January 20th, 2007, 11:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eps sniper
Dude, where did you find them for 350? Where they for the v6?
found an old thread on this site re internet stores and checked out the sites that were given a thumbs up. one of them was modacar.com...here's the link to the eibach damper kit for $349: http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Accord/EBPDK/
i've e-mailed them several times re the supercup kit and about the eibach's combined with neuspeed race springs, but no answer not sure how they got the thumbs up. Anyway, I may have to call them next week. perhaps they don't match well as they're made more for the eibach prokit springs, but are said to work well with H&R springs...H&R has a great reputation, but more expensive than neuspeed. Although there's no adjustability, if the eibach's work well with the neuspeeds it would be very affordable...about $100 cheaper than the supercup. Also, not sure if these eibach's work on the sedan...doesn't specifically say on their site.

i think they do work on the v6...the part number on modacar has a -2 though at the end, but eibach.com doesn't. this is for the sedan, but i'm sure it will work on the v6 coupe as well. here's eibach's link: http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...05557400023757

Last edited by islandaccord; January 20th, 2007 at 11:59 AM..
Old January 20th, 2007, 12:05 PM   #11

only 100 bucks different from koni?I dont know if its a good investment afterall...you might encounter more trouble with it in the future, dont bet just play safe. My 2 cents.
Old January 20th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #12
Formerly EPS Sniper

Do the eibach dampers support the Sportline springs for sure. Some descriptions about them say that they're specifically valved for the pro-kit, while some Eibach descriptions say is perfect for Prokits and Sportlines.

I'm really wanting to do an all Eibach setup. I know I can find some gently used Sportlines for cheap, and these are only 350 bucks. 100 for springs + 350 for shocks means I save about 150, which can cover my camber kit. I don't think I'll ever adjust my suspension and from what I've heard, the Race springs are bouncy. What do you guys think?
Old January 20th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuhendy
only 100 bucks different from koni?I dont know if its a good investment afterall...you might encounter more trouble with it in the future, dont bet just play safe. My 2 cents.
thanks for the advice bro...always like what you have to say on this forum. all in all i'd rather have the supercup kit, but shipping is a serious challenge here in hawaii. neuspeed direct was going to be $150-$200 in shipping costs alone i found an online shop that quoted $563+$60 shipping and had the payment in my paypal account, but when it came time for them to order it from their distributor they found out that they couldn't get it at this price afterall. just curious about the eibachs, but i'd rather get a kit where the parts are made to work together in harmony modacar.com has the kit for $589, but not sure of the shipping yet.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 10:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandaccord
thanks for the advice bro...always like what you have to say on this forum. all in all i'd rather have the supercup kit, but shipping is a serious challenge here in hawaii. neuspeed direct was going to be $150-$200 in shipping costs alone i found an online shop that quoted $563+$60 shipping and had the payment in my paypal account, but when it came time for them to order it from their distributor they found out that they couldn't get it at this price afterall. just curious about the eibachs, but i'd rather get a kit where the parts are made to work together in harmony modacar.com has the kit for $589, but not sure of the shipping yet.
You are very welcome. Thx for the compliment. I dont have any idea the shipping will be that much...it would be better if you have a chance to go to LA and buy it here then bring it back to you. I get directly from neuspeed...since they are local anyway and the shipping was free back then.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 10:41 PM   #15
Formerly EPS Sniper

Well if no one has any last minute suggestions, I am going to order my Eibach shocks and Sportline springs. I called Eibach and they said that this combination works very well together.
Old January 24th, 2007, 02:07 AM   #16
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eps sniper
Well if no one has any last minute suggestions, I am going to order my Eibach shocks and Sportline springs. I called Eibach and they said that this combination works very well together.

NOOOOooooo dont do it, sportlines like hfp will give your car a saggy but. your wheel gap will be much bigger in the front than the rear, trust me ive seen them in person. if coilovers are not an option for you, just get the supercup kit and call it a day. trust me, you'll thank me later

if you want a really nice ride and want the best of both worlds, sell the nuespeed race springs and get s-techs to go with the koni's, i loved that set-up and would still have it, but i got 19's and needed to go lower, so i went with the ss-p's.
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 24th, 2007, 11:19 AM   #17
Formerly EPS Sniper

I'd definitely get that setup, but it seems as though the race springs don't sell too well.

Is the gap difference really that bad with the Sportlines?
Old January 26th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuhendy
You are very welcome. Thx for the compliment. I dont have any idea the shipping will be that much...it would be better if you have a chance to go to LA and buy it here then bring it back to you. I get directly from neuspeed...since they are local anyway and the shipping was free back then.
thanks again...my wife and i actually moved here two years ago from l.a., which i miss a lot anyway, decided to order the kit through modacar.com for $694 shipped. i figure $94 above isn't too bad...at least i'm getting something that is a good deal dollar for dollar. getting the rear camber kit from iap. i'll try to post some pics after install. many thanks for your input and happy motoring.

Last edited by islandaccord; January 26th, 2007 at 11:19 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in