Question on ground control coilovers - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2003, 06:14 PM   #1

Question on ground control coilovers

I'm gonna either be getting ground controls or neuspeeds to drop my car. I know a few guys on here have the GC's, but how is the ride? I plan to drop no more than 2" all around to get rid of the wheel gap and want to know just how bad the ride will be. A friend of mines works at a honda dealer and can get me the shocks from the factory performance package, so I might be using those with the GC's. Also, where can I find the ground controls for a good price?
II six speed II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2003, 06:23 PM   #2
paper chase'n.

the ride isnt that bad, kinda bumpy so i would recomond aftermarket shocks...too bad there anit crap out yet...but yea i would recomend them over springs because you can adjust the height which comes in very handy =D
mQike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 9th, 2003, 06:30 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to 03 Aero Coupe
I will sell you a set. I have no need to adjust the height, I plan on getting Nuespeed race.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

03 Aero Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 9th, 2003, 06:35 PM   #4

Are they brand new? How much you want for them?
II six speed II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 9th, 2003, 08:35 PM   #5

one month old, I purchased them when I lived in Ohio thinking I could raise the car in the winter and lower it in the summer. I live in SO Cal. I just ordered a set of Neuspeed races a few minutes ago. I have to remove the GC's and install the Nuespeeds when they arrive. PM me an offer.

Old October 10th, 2003, 01:03 AM   #6

Hello I live on so cal, I would kove those GC's how much please 500.00 I dont know the retail?
The6thSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2003, 01:17 AM   #7

I think the main concern with the GC or any spring set that will lower your car over an inch is shock life. I have been riding on GCs for about a month and my rear shocks are really going bad. The ride is fairly comfortable, but the dampening on the rear shocks is more than 50% reduced. I don't know how much further they'll deteriorate, but at this rate, I will need to replace them with a new stock set or the factory performance struts before this season is through.

Shock deterioration is not only a problem with GCs. So don't expect that Neuspeed Race or Eibachs will help much in this department. Just in case anyone is wondering, I am nowhere near the limit of lowering on my GC, yet I still have severe rear shock deterioration after a month of wear and tear.
APOLLON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2003, 01:28 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to AwSoMNaMjA
i dont get it...my ride is the same as the day i got them...its weird...but i like my ride...much smoother than the pro kits.
K&N filter Cold Air intake/Neuspeed strut bar/DIY blackhousing headlights/Hid plus 4800k/Ground Control coilovers/SPC rear camber kit/custom single GReddy Evo/OEM front lip/DIY tinted rear tail lights/15in Kicker Solobaric L7/DIY Booty call/7 inch sharp screen with dvd player/215.55.16 Falken Azenis/Comptech rear sway bar

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
^^^^^^^click pic^^^^^^^
AwSoMNaMjA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2003, 01:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by AwSoMNaMjA
i dont get it...my ride is the same as the day i got them...its weird...but i like my ride...much smoother than the pro kits.
You have GCs and your ride is the same? After how long? Maybe the dealer accidently installed the FP struts on your car.

Well, my rear-end bounces like a basketball when I hit a road dip (not pothole) or undulation. Sometimes the bouncing is so bad, you'd swear I had no shocks at all. The car just goes up and down several times before it settles. It must really look weird to the drivers behind me when I go over a dip.
Old October 10th, 2003, 04:18 AM   #10

i had mine since april and probably dropped 2.5 since then...my back doesnt bounce like that at bumps....it jumps right back to regualr...it only bounces when the roads like wavey. maybe its all in my head...
K&N filter Cold Air intake/Neuspeed strut bar/DIY blackhousing headlights/Hid plus 4800k/Ground Control coilovers/SPC rear camber kit/custom single GReddy Evo/OEM front lip/DIY tinted rear tail lights/15in Kicker Solobaric L7/DIY Booty call/7 inch sharp screen with dvd player/215.55.16 Falken Azenis/Comptech rear sway bar

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
^^^^^^^click pic^^^^^^^
Old October 10th, 2003, 05:28 AM   #11

sounds like ground control coilover sleeves isn't quite the way to, maybe hold off for somethin better
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2003, 08:22 AM   #12

I purchased mine for 402.00 and that included shipping. They will off the car in two weeks when the Neuspeeds get here so If someone PM's me an offer over 250.00 and picks them up in So Cal or pays for shipping any where else , they can have them. I reccommend them if you live where the weather can change.

Old October 10th, 2003, 08:50 AM   #13
you gotta rub to dub!

Send a message via AIM to relentless
Im in the same boat as AwSoMNaMjA . But the only difference is that Im only lowered about 2" Front and 1.75" Rear. It feels the same as the day they were installed and its been 3 months. They are a little bit smoother than the springs I had before which are prokits.
relentless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2003, 10:21 AM   #14

Quote:
i had mine since april and probably dropped 2.5 since then...my back doesnt bounce like that at bumps....it jumps right back to regualr...it only bounces when the roads like wavey. maybe its all in my head...
Perhaps because you lowered it more than I did. Maybe I should take it down another half-inch or 1" and see if the bouncing will lessen. I guess at this point, I have nothing to lose.
Old October 10th, 2003, 10:31 AM   #15
Rolling on 19's

Quote:
Mine is as firm as the first day i got them. I dont know how long its been but i know i got them before AwSoMNaMjA becauase he was asking me about them. I've put well over 10k miles on them and i love them. I can just imagine how smooth it will be when i get some Koni's.
00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2003, 10:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally posted by 00&03Accords
Mine is as firm as the first day i got them. I dont know how long its been but i know i got them before AwSoMNaMjA becauase he was asking me about them. I've put well over 10k miles on them and i love them. I can just imagine how smooth it will be when i get some Koni's.
Won't gas shocks actually harshen the ride a bit more? That's what happened on my previous car. Fortunately, those shocks (HKS) were adjustable..
Old October 10th, 2003, 10:49 AM   #17
Rolling on 19's

Quote:
Originally posted by APOLLON
Won't gas shocks actually harshen the ride a bit more? That's what happened on my previous car. Fortunately, those shocks (HKS) were adjustable..
The koni shocks are adjustable just like the Tokico Illuminas. You can adjust them from smooth to firm by turning the knob. Ground control coilovers with koni shocks is a great combination. Check the suspension forum for more info. The only thing is that in order to use konis with GC coilovers we need to buy an adapter from ground control, there are a couple of diff coilovers made, one is for used with stock shocks and tokico "blue" shocks, and there is another coilover for konis. Unfortunately most of us bought the ones for used with stock shocks so we need to buy the adapter. (not sure if they made the coilovers for the koni shocks, more info in at www.ground-control.com )
Old October 10th, 2003, 10:53 AM   #18

Quote:
The koni shocks are adjustable just like the Tokico Illuminas. You can adjust them from smooth to firm by turning the knob. Ground control coilovers with koni shocks is a great combination.
Are the Konis available? If not, when is the ETA on them? I'd like to buy HKS again, but they take time to release and are usually bloody expen$ive.
Old October 10th, 2003, 10:54 AM   #19
Rolling on 19's

I was told by Koni that they will be out sometime towards the end of winter.
Old October 10th, 2003, 12:51 PM   #20

Quote:
ditto..koni's are gonna feel reallly good....or maybe some kyb AGXs.....maybe u guys show slam ur rides....it might feel and drive better..lol....maybe.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
^^^^^^^click pic^^^^^^^
Old October 12th, 2003, 02:02 PM   #21

GC threads

Quote:
Could you do me a favor? Could you count the number of threads your rear GCs are above the shock spring perch? I'm just interested in the rear. Currently, I have mine set at 15 threads up, which is close to half-way. I'm curious if the height on my setup might not be in an optimal position.
Old October 13th, 2003, 09:32 AM   #22
Rolling on 19's

Mine is somewhere around 8 threads up.
Old October 13th, 2003, 09:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Mine is somewhere around 8 threads up.
OK, then your setup is approximately half the number of threads lower than mine. How's the ride?

Perhaps I'm a bit too high up for the spring size and maybe that's what is causing the bouncing. My front end is lower than the rear by several threads and there's no bounce. it's perfect up front.

The GCs may be designed for a lower ride than I have them currently adjusted. Ground Control may have designed their coil-overs for an optimal height of around ~10 threads, not the 15 I have the rear adjusted to. Something to think about.
Old October 13th, 2003, 10:00 AM   #24
Rolling on 19's

The ride is very smooth. How much is your front dropped? Mine is all they way to the bottom and its still very smooth.
Old October 15th, 2003, 11:12 PM   #25

Quote:
The ride is very smooth. How much is your front dropped? Mine is all they way to the bottom and its still very smooth.
Mine are currently fropped 9 threads from the bottom. I might drop it 2 more threads, but winter is quickly approaching. If we get early snow, I might be better off just leaving it the way it is until next spring. Hopefully, a good set of adjustable shocks will be released before then.
Old March 30th, 2004, 03:27 PM   #26
Bye bye accord :(

are there any updates on ride quality? could some of you guys post how many miles u've put on the GC coilovers?
raff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2004, 11:59 PM   #27
Rolling on 19's

I just hit 26k miles on my car. I say I've had GC on for about 23K miles. It doesnt feel as good as the first day but the ride is still smooth. I just check the threads and i made a mistake in the rear. Its not 8 threads as I stated before, its actually 4 threads that I can still lower it. Im not going to get Koni's im going with Tein coilovers.
Old March 31st, 2004, 12:38 AM   #28

Quote:
I just hit 26k miles on my car. I say I've had GC on for about 23K miles. It doesnt feel as good as the first day but the ride is still smooth. I just check the threads and i made a mistake in the rear. Its not 8 threads as I stated before, its actually 4 threads that I can still lower it. Im not going to get Koni's im going with Tein coilovers.

omg dood...im in the same boat as u...i think imma sell my rims and get the teins...my friends are just playing with me....telling how their teins feel so much better...but yeah...when the teins comeout....game oveR!

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
^^^^^^^click pic^^^^^^^
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:02 AM   #29
Rolling on 19's

Yeah i cant wait either. I got the $$$$$ already. Hopefully there will be a groupbuy to get them cheaper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in