CL-S rear swaybar fits & it's awesome - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2003, 06:04 PM   #1
girl on cell in SUV =

Talking CL-S rear swaybar fits

My homework & gamble paid off - I received my CL-S rear swaybar today & it fits our 7th gens like a glove.

Only cost me $64.93 for all the parts.

1 ea 19mm bar # 52300-S3M-A01
2 ea 19mm bushings # 52306-S0E-015
2 ea brackets # 52308-S3M-A00

FYI, all the bends in the 19mm CL-S bar match our stock 14mm one. It's a perfect fit with no clearance or noise issues.

I definitely notice the difference. Steering response is more immediate. The car feels really neutral & is flatter on aggressive corners. Feels like the c.g. of the car is right under your seat. Even in normal driving, the car seems more solid.

The only other mod I've had for a few months is the 6spd front strut bar #74180-SDP-A00 which cost me $90.85.

I posted this as an option for those who don't want any high-dollar aftermarket stuff.

Personally, I just wanted a little upgrade from stock without sinking a lot of $ into it. I have no plans on lowering my car or going with larger rims. This is my daily driver & doubles as a "truck" with the occassional off-road excursion.

Hopefully this will help some of you out.
Take care...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JetCat&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BVM&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Last edited by turbines; February 3rd, 2004 at 10:01 AM..
turbines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 10th, 2003, 06:13 PM   #2
k?

how much $ would it be to install it
saLvayshyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2003, 06:20 PM   #3
girl on cell in SUV =

Quote:
how much $ would it be to install it
Well, a dealer will rip you off. This a quick & easy mod with immediate results.
If you have the tools, do it yourself. It only took me 30 minutes.

Old December 10th, 2003, 06:29 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to mishima8
Simple question?

Question: How would this compare to the Neuspeed version aside from looks?
J

"sweetness is in the speed"
mishima8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:08 PM   #5
Silver Sleeper

NICE!!!! i ordered the same stuff last saturday but it only cost me $54.93 at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com.

Thanks for the heads up last week on this topic. I hope that this mod is all it is said to be!!!

Thanks

03accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:08 PM   #6
girl on cell in SUV =

Quote:
Originally posted by mishima8 on December 10th, 2003 at 07:29 PM

Question: How would this compare to the Neuspeed version aside from looks?
J
Sticking to the rear bar install ONLY...

I don't think there is a difference. Both are solid 19mm bars. Neuspeed's may be a stiffer metal & has poly bushing - but the difference on the street will be so insignificant it's not worth it.

You can always put a NEUSPEED sticker on the CL-S bar & tell everyone you got ripped $179.95.
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:26 PM   #7
girl on cell in SUV =

Quote:
Originally posted by 03accord03 on December 10th, 2003 at 08:08 PM

it only cost me $54.93 at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
I got mine from the same place. They still need to add shipping.
My shipping was $10 - thus a total of $64.93.

You should like the results. I spent a week searching 6th gen forums about this - all I saw were positive posts.
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #8
Silver Sleeper

Quote:
Originally posted by turbines
I got mine from the same place. They still need to add shipping.
My shipping was $10 - thus a total of $64.93.

You should like the results. I spent a week searching 6th gen forums about this - all I saw were positive posts.
ah ic that now...thanks for the heads up

Old December 10th, 2003, 07:48 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to DeezNutz972
what about the TL sway bar???? someone was supposed to test fit that too....
DeezNutz972 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2003, 08:10 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Ursus
Hi.. can any of you post a pic that has the sway installed? I greatly appreciate it.

SHIFT_2.0
Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2003, 08:13 PM   #11
Banned

I dont see the parts you guys speak of on majestic honda?can you guys help me out?

Last edited by adam; December 10th, 2003 at 08:28 PM..
adam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2003, 08:17 PM   #12
Silver Sleeper

Quote:
Originally posted by adam
I dont see the parts you guys speak of on me majestic honda?can you guys help me out?
oppss... wrong site here is the acura one http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org

go to the acura cl-s and go the rear lower arm u need #3,4,5

i will post pics when i install

Old December 10th, 2003, 08:29 PM   #13
Banned

thx buddy good info!
Old December 10th, 2003, 09:12 PM   #14

can it be done on a sedan??
wahabum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2003, 09:12 PM   #15

EXCELLENT THREAD

Newbie question,

since i have a sedan, am I supposed to get tl-s rear sway bar? instead of cl-s?

is v6 6sp strut tower compatible with 4dr?

thanks,
chiggaraccord03
chiggaraccord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2003, 11:36 PM   #16
Banned

I have a 4 cylinder sedan, will something like this work??
outersquare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2003, 11:55 PM   #17
Banned

I was checking out comptech's sway bars for for the CL-S.
http://www.imotorgear.com:80/product...d=26230600P011

300 something bucks! Are they way better than the stock? Are they bigger? Is it that they just use polyurethane bushings? What about shock absorbers and other suspension parts, would they fit the av6 7th gen coupe?
vsmack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2003, 12:44 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Sticmann Send a message via Yahoo to Sticmann
what about the frpnt sway bar....if the both fit then we can just get the CL-S comptech sways for our 7th gen av6....
Sticmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2003, 02:25 AM   #19
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe

I said a long time ago that the 7th gen's were interchangeable with "some" of the older suspension parts but no one else though it was possible. Well this just proves it

All trims of the 7th gen Accord have the same suspension layout so something like this will fit on every one of them.

You 7th gen people need to start buying those 2004 TL sways

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2003, 02:32 AM   #20
Banned

CHEAP MODS RULE
outersquare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2003, 05:32 AM   #21
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally posted by chiggaraccord03 on December 10th, 2003 at 11:12 PM

since i have a sedan, am I supposed to get tl-s rear sway bar? instead of cl-s?

Yea, should the sedans use the cl-s bar or the tl-s bar??

I see 03accord03, who I think has a sedan, ordered the cl-s parts..... assuming his install goes fine, that would verify that it fits the sedan..... guess I'll wait and see..... unless anyone actually knows.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2003, 06:36 AM   #22

CL rear sway bar fits 7gen Accord-> CL rear sway bar fits 6gen Accord -> 6gen Accord aftermarket sway bar will fit 7gen Accord.

how you like that analogy.
now you need to find out if front one is swappable. if it is, you could have Comptech, Eibach, Neuspeed and Suspension Tech sway bars avalable right now.
HONDA_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2003, 08:20 AM   #23
girl on cell in SUV =

FYI, it does not matter if you have a auto 2dr or 4dr - its all the same suspension.

From what I've read on the 6th gen sites, the TL-S bar fits also. I just got the CL-S bar because most people said it was an exact match - and it is.

I checked some undercar pics of the 04 TL on TOV & the rear bar looked different - it's bent down under the frame. Ours needs to be bent back around the frame. I don't think it will fit our 7th gen, but I may be wrong.

Also, for those of you who want 6th gen aftermarket rear bars thicker than 19mm - be prepared to have the rear end swing around on you. Unless you're drifting, don't want to get yourself in a situation you can't recover from. Bar thickness can reach a point that it's way too much overkill. But if you go bigger than a 19mm rear then you should get a bigger front bar also.

Word of caution on the front bar...

I am not 100% on this, but I think the 7th gen front bar is bent differently than previous years. Even Neuspeed has a different part # for the 7th gen.

Now it is possible that the 04 TL 6spd 27.2mm front bar may fit. I could not find any good 04 TL undercar pics of the front bar fo confirm.
Also, I can't find any 04 TL part lists online yet. But if it fits, it should be around the same price as the CL rear.

If you do plan on a front bar swap, be prepared for a pain in the a$$. Check out the install instructions on Neuspeeds site. This swap will take a couple hours for the average joe.

Personally, I'm sticking with just the rear bar - best bang for your buck.

Last edited by turbines; December 11th, 2003 at 08:25 AM..
Old December 11th, 2003, 10:41 AM   #24

Send a message via AIM to AwSoMNaMjA
Quote:
Originally posted by vsmack
I was checking out comptech's sway bars for for the CL-S.
http://www.imotorgear.com:80/product...d=26230600P011

300 something bucks! Are they way better than the stock? Are they bigger? Is it that they just use polyurethane bushings? What about shock absorbers and other suspension parts, would they fit the av6 7th gen coupe?
looks like its 300 somthing for the front and rear...i think...

Quote:
SKU: 140-215 - Suspension and Brake - Sway Bars and Strut Bars - Comptech Swaybar Kit (front & rear) for 99-02 Acura TL 3.2, 98-02 Honda Accord 2D/4D, 01-03 Acura CL-S
K&N filter Cold Air intake/Neuspeed strut bar/DIY blackhousing headlights/Hid plus 4800k/Ground Control coilovers/SPC rear camber kit/custom single GReddy Evo/OEM front lip/DIY tinted rear tail lights/15in Kicker Solobaric L7/DIY Booty call/7 inch sharp screen with dvd player/215.55.16 Falken Azenis/Comptech rear sway bar

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
^^^^^^^click pic^^^^^^^
AwSoMNaMjA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2003, 01:59 PM   #25
Banned

Can someone give me a link right to the page with the 3 parts i need?cant seem to fine the part numbers you guys speak of.p.s. i only see cl on there site no sighn of cl-s.
Old December 11th, 2003, 02:41 PM   #26

are you guys 1000% sure that aftermarket 6th gen sways will fit the 7th gen???
JDMJ30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2003, 03:02 PM   #27

If you Look at the TSX front stabilizer picture on that site it looks exactly like the 7th gens except it about $30 more. Could I assume its bigger and better, and would fit?
beerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2003, 03:27 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to Ursus
Sorry, n00b question, is this rear sway bar already equiped on all CL-TypeS? that is, are these the factory sways from Honda that comes w/ all Cl-TypeS? if yes, do these really help? or should we wait until aftermarket ones (assuming 6th gen aftermarket doesn't fit... of course its still under investigation ) Anyone could help thx so much!

SHIFT_2.0
Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2003, 04:08 PM   #29
Silver Sleeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Ursus
is this rear sway bar already equiped on all CL-TypeS? that is, are these the factory sways from Honda that comes w/ all Cl-TypeS? if yes, do these really help? or should we wait until aftermarket ones
the cls has the sway bar stock, they are from honda and the only difference is that the cls rear sway is 19mm in diameter and the accord one is 13mm on the v6 and 14mm on the i4. this mod should help a lot and once i install it i will let u know my opinion, but for now turbines has explained his opinion.

today i was looking through part #'s and i found that the tsx front sway is the same shape as the accords except it is 1.1mm larger in the diameter. (the front on the accord is 25.4mm and the tsx is 26.5mm)

here is a pic of the accords front lower arm:

the tsx lower arm:

i dont really know if the front makes much of a difference but this is my research and we now know the tsx front sway bar will probably fit perfectly and the cls/tls rear sway bar fits great and works great.

o....one more thing why would you want the 6th gen accords sway its smaller than the cls? and also the front sway is not the same on the 6th gen.

Last edited by 03accord03; December 11th, 2003 at 04:15 PM..
Old December 11th, 2003, 10:12 PM   #30
girl on cell in SUV =

Well I guess I screwed myself by posting earlier about too stiff a rear bar...

When cruising an off ramp in the rain today, I had the rear end swing around on me Luckily it was only about a 90 & I was able to recover without damage. I was doing ~50mph like I always have on this particular ramp. I've done it numerous times in both dry & wet with the stock set up & never had a problem.

After I cleaned by shorts, I decided to go on an empty road in the country & do some slalom tests. I could force the rear end to swing out on the wet pavement, obviously the faster I went the easier it was.

After the rain stopped & roads were dry I went out & did the same tests. On the dry pavement I had to really push it to swing the rear out, but it was possible. Recovery was quick, but still made me a little nervous.

My fear is that with only the CL-S rear bar an emergency lane change or jerk of the wheel can lead to disaster. The oversteer creating a rear end snap is a very real danger. Also, winter snow would only magnify the problem.

I'd assume this is why Honda (& others) have the stock set-up with some understeer. Gotta figure most people panic & let off the gas & they recover pointing the same way they entered the maneuver. Also note that the HFP kit retains the stock sways.

I checked out some stock & aftermarket front/rear bar size differences that are interesting...

AV6 2dr 25.4/14 ~ 11.4
TSX 26.5/14 ~ 12.5
04 TL 6 spd 27.2/20 ~ 7.2
04 TL auto 25.4/17 ~ 8.4
Civic Si 25.4/17 ~ 8.4
Neuspeed 27.2/19 ~ 8.2

7th gen with CL-S bar 25.4/19 ~ 6.4

It seems like the small 6.4mm difference may be too small???

I've swapped back to the old bar for more tests.

JetCat&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
BVM&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Last edited by turbines; February 3rd, 2004 at 10:06 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in