Anybody with Koni/Pro Kit Combo - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chivic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #1

Anybody with Koni/Pro Kit Combo

Seeing if anybody has the koni sports and eibach pro kit springs. I have the pro kit, and need new shocks. Wondering how the ride is and if it evened the wheel gap with the perches

Last edited by KaotikPlaya; March 6th, 2012 at 08:37 AM..
KaotikPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #2

How about anybody using koni/ ground controls?
Old March 7th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #3

I have a buddy with eibach prokit and the koni yellows. the ride is really stiff and there is no body roll. i like it i think its a nice set up and sits very clean. the ground controls would be a good option too if you want to go really low. I beleive if im not mistaken the koni yellow lower your car a little more. Im not too sure. my friends car was a bit lower after adding the koni yellow. he installed the eibach pro-kit on the oem shocks prior to the koni yellows. HUGE difference in the ride. he has the i4 cm7 accord
fffuhq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 8th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to t-rd
I had this setup on my old 6th gen Accord. It's not THAT stiff. The Koni yellows are firmness adjustable so you can make it softer if you'd like. It doesn't even out the ride, that's up to the springs to do that job. You will like it.
Old March 8th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #5

i wish they made the kyb agx for the 7th gen accord though.
fffuhq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #6

I have the Eibach Pro Kit and Koni Yellows. The ride is very nice. Replace the bushings and bump stops when you do the shocks, the stock ones suck.

The Koni's have adjustable "perches" in the front and rear so you can play with them to dial in the ride height. I was able to get the front and rear identical.
Furlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #7

What perches did you use for front and rear? Where did you get the bushings and bump stop?
Old March 9th, 2012, 12:53 AM   #8

I run Koni/ GC and im happy with what i got. You can go pretty low with them. I killed all my wheel gap and then some and i still have more thread left to lower if id like. The ride is comfortable. My accord is my DD and in addition to that im in san francisco a lot where the roads are crap so its nice to have the ride comfort along with the drop that you want.
RCChin31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaotikPlaya View Post
What perches did you use for front and rear? Where did you get the bushings and bump stop?
I'm on the middle perch in front, upper perch in rear. I tried the lowest for both but it was just too low for my taste. The guy who lowered my car had a hook up on energy suspension bushings and bump stops, so I bought them from him.
Old March 9th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #10

Do you have a pic of your car? Those are the perches I was thinking.
Old March 9th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Do you have a pic of your car? Those are the perches I was thinking.
Here are some of my set up now:

With 19's:

It works well with either size wheel/tire. I personally think that 18's are best for this type of drop. The tire height on 19's requires a lower drop for the best esthetics. A good general rule is that the tire height and wheel well gap should be about the same.
Old March 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #12

Awesome,thanks, those are the perches i'm going to start with. I can't go too low around here in utah with the lip kit. Did you have the pro kits before the koni's on stock shocks?
Old March 10th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Awesome,thanks, those are the perches i'm going to start with. I can't go too low around here in utah with the lip kit. Did you have the pro kits before the koni's on stock shocks?
I did. The ride was okay, but kind of rough. Not very responsive and somewhat bouncy. The front wasn't quite low enough either. When I heard about the Koni Yellows I was sold. Best $400 you can spend on our car. It really was a different car after that.

I play with the adjustable damper settings, that's fun too. It can be anywhere from a stock feel all the way to a race set up. Easy to do as well.
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #14

How much wheel gap do you have on front/rear? Does it seem like rear looks higher than front on those perches? That's how i set mine up and the rear seems like it's higher but the fenders are same height from ground. Before the front was noticeably higher. It rides and handles great though
Old March 16th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #15

Quote:
How much wheel gap do you have on front/rear? Does it seem like rear looks higher than front on those perches? That's how i set mine up and the rear seems like it's higher but the fenders are same height from ground. Before the front was noticeably higher. It rides and handles great though
It's about two fingers of gap, I've never measured it. Just eye balling, it looks dead even to me. You could try going up one more perch on the front if you think it looks too low
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #16

Good discussion, I read with great interest!

Will be installing koni yellows on my i4, 4 door. I wanted the 2 finger gap and was originally sold on h&r OE line of springs as it had a .75" drop up front. With the ability to adjust perches, I will go with either h&r sport or eibach prokits instead Awesome pics, gave me a good idea of how my black mica would look like.

Is the ability to adjust the perches after install hard to get to? I will most likely mimic your middle setting up front and upper in the rears.

Good tip on bump stops and bushings!
Shadytype likes this.
chivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #17

im on koni sportline
funkbro2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivic View Post
Good discussion, I read with great interest!

Will be installing koni yellows on my i4, 4 door. I wanted the 2 finger gap and was originally sold on h&r OE line of springs as it had a .75" drop up front. With the ability to adjust perches, I will go with either h&r sport or eibach prokits instead Awesome pics, gave me a good idea of how my black mica would look like.

Is the ability to adjust the perches after install hard to get to? I will most likely mimic your middle setting up front and upper in the rears.

Good tip on bump stops and bushings!
can't adjust perches after install
funkbro2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #19

I actually adjusted mine on the car. I just put the spring compressor at top of spring and bottom of perch.Compressed enough to get it above perch, dropped perch, took off compressor. It only took a few minutes, just make sure the back of the perch is above the clip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in