eBay crossdrilled/slotted rotors good? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #1

eBay crossdrilled/slotted rotors good?

I need new pads and rotors on my V6-6speed coupe. I know there isnt much function to drilled and slotted rotors, but i like the look of them and dont mind the excess pad wear since there so cheap.

[FRONT + REAR] Callahan Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors + Quiet Ceramic Pads Manual | eBay
Found this lovely set on ebay. Anyone try these? What is the differences in brakes on all the 7th gen (auto vs manual, coupe vs sedan, i4 vs v6).
Randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 29th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #2

junk............................ BBK or EBC ftw.....
traildevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #3

LMAOOOOOOOO

That's a fictional company from a movie I've seen....He' using the same slogans and logos from the movie too.

Link to clip from movie: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/2a7...from-jsmart377
CYANiDE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 30th, 2012, 06:29 AM   #4
Carpe Diem

For something as important as brakes, I personally would go with a good reputable brand.
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #5

Yeah, like ikethegreat said, brakes isn't something you should just skimp out on and get some unknown stuff. Definitely go for something legitimate and reputable.
QuantomFsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #6
2nd Gen CTSV

I took the plunge and bought some ebay 350Z slotted, drilled rotors a few years ago for my bbk and they are still going strong. Maybe i got lucky
Imageless83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #7

So it seems Imageless83 is the only person who has experience with these, and not just a unconditional opinion. Thanks

Ill give them a shot.
Old March 30th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #8

I did a quick search and could only find one (I said it was quick) review and the guy even said he "guessed" they stop better and he also got a vibration when braking at highway speeds. This is with him following bed-in procedure. Also I can't really tell from the pics but if those drilled holes aren't chamfered I wouldn't even bother. When I was first shopping around for brakes I was originally going to go with raybestos cross drilled and slotted rotors (a much more known and respected company then Callahan(?)) and I sent them back after seeing they did not chamfer the holes. Excessive heat will cause stress cracks to form. Chamfering helps alleviate this to a degree.

In all honesty there are places where you can cheap out and cut corners on your vehicle...but a major safety system such as your brakes is the wrong place to do it. Just my opinion.
Rushzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #9
Quicksilver

i tried to edit, but accidently deleted my 1st post. but i also have ebay crossed drilled and slotted rotors. ive have them on my car for 3 years now, with no problems. because they are ebay ones, i inspect them regularly, but so far so good. im sure they are better quality then the crap you can buy at Auto Zone! No vibrations, or cracking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
davesv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #10
M![email protected] \_(ツ)_/

^^ Link Dave?
HEcreated487 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #11
Quicksilver

i wish i have one for you, but i bought them over 3years ago. i dont even know if the ebay member still exists?? sorry man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
davesv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesv6 View Post
i tried to edit, but accidently deleted my 1st post. but i also have ebay crossed drilled and slotted rotors. ive have them on my car for 3 years now, with no problems. because they are ebay ones, i inspect them regularly, but so far so good. im sure they are better quality then the crap you can buy at Auto Zone! No vibrations, or cracking.
Well thats 2 positive reviews. Definitely getting them. Thanks
Old March 30th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #13

I bought a set like that on EBay by a company called Brake Motive I believe. They have been awesome I figured for the price I couldn't go wrong. The only thing I could complain about are the pads they came with create a lot of brake dust.
Shockfire10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #14

only set back with slotted or drilled ebay or expensive is if the rotors need to be cut you are sol! other then that i bought 18$ rotors from bennet and work at a honda dealer and the oem 114$ rotors are better but not 98$ better imo.
silverk24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:03 PM   #15

^ You can machine drilled and slotted rotors the same as regular rotors.
Shockfire10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYANiDE View Post
LMAOOOOOOOO

That's a fictional company from a movie I've seen....He' using the same slogans and logos from the movie too.

Link to clip from movie: Tommy Boy Brake pad demonstration Chris Farley IS THE BOMB!! TOO FUNNY!! from jsmart377
Haha yeah its rotors and pads from Tommy Boy... unreal. "Tommy just sold a million brake pads!"

Man don't do it...

2005 Honda Accord EX I-4 5AT
Redondo Red Pearl/ Black

1996 Harley-Davidson FXD
Way too many mods....
Sedan66MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #17
No More Boost

Send a message via AIM to chemik
Dont listen to "experts" on here who have never tried them. Ive used them on different cars and currently have some on an 02 Cadillac CTS V. ZERO problems. Great price. Great product.

2003 Accord EXL K24A4 6spd Nighthawk Black Coupe
Back to stock
chemik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemik View Post
Dont listen to "experts" on here who have never tried them. Ive used them on different cars and currently have some on an 02 Cadillac CTS V. ZERO problems. Great price. Great product.
Lots of people have opinions, few people have reviews. Looks like another positive review.

Its funny that all the people who have never tried them are negative, but all the people who have bought the rotors are positive.

Sweet ride in your signature btw
Sold: 04' Accord 6-6 Coupe, 112k miles: Autocross STX season champion 2013.
Old April 8th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #19

I bought pads and the slotted and drilled, it's not bad at all, only thing to me I don't like is high speed breaking, there's just a lot of vibration thru the steering wheel. Overall stops well for sure, maybe because I have hawk pads on the front, but either way, breaks well!
x21Andy7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemik View Post
holy cow man, where have you been?! long time! hhaha
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #21
Carpe Diem

This whole thread is stupid. You're asking for reviews on "ebay rotors". You realize Ebay isn't a brand of rotors right? Each rotor sold on ebay could be a completely different brand made in a completely different country. Who knows where these mystery rotors were built, what materials they used to build them, or what kind of QA/QC procedures they were manufactured with. Just because one person had a good experience with a set of "ebay rotors" doesn't mean you will.

Unless your buying from the same exact seller, it is like comparing apples and oranges. This is why people suggested sticking with a name brand rotor. When you buy "ebay rotors" you have no idea what you are getting.

If you want to gamble and save a few bucks, on arguably one of the most important parts of your car, then by all means go ahead. *IF* they end up failing, I hope you're still alive to learn from your mistake.
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in