Supercup Kit (SP3+Neuspeed Springs) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By liuhendy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #1

Supercup Kit (SP3+Neuspeed Springs)

Hey guys,

I've been thinking to switch my Neuspeed springs with my OEM springs but use KONI SP3 instead stock shocks, have anyone ever tried this setup?

The reason being, I used to drive local mostly but now I drive highway more often and many parts of the highways in LA was built for trucks, they just rough!

The SP3 have 5 perch, the middle one (3rd) is the stock/normal perch. I'm thinking to set the OEM springs on the lowest perch (so I get a bit/minimal drop). Thoughts?
liuhendy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 15th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #2

I used koni sports with stock springs for a little bit and it rode real nice. Too high so I got the pro kit. If you need the stock springs let me know. But if you don't mind the ride height. It's a smooth ride.
KaotikPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaotikPlaya View Post
I used koni sports with stock springs for a little bit and it rode real nice. Too high so I got the pro kit. If you need the stock springs let me know. But if you don't mind the ride height. It's a smooth ride.
Which perch did you set the stock springs to? I'll look around my garage and see if I can find where I put my OEM springs, definitely I will contact you if I cant find it . Soon the Neuspeed springs gonna be on sale (it will lower F 2.25" and R 1.75", I believe). Maybe I'll keep the rear...not sure yet..

Old April 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #4

I've heard it's not good to mix springs, but i had themall on the lowest perch with stock springs. On the lowest perch it will still lower a little bit, but not lose any ride quality. Yeah, let me know if you can't find yours, I been trying to sell mine anyways. How's the neuspeed springs ride?
KaotikPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaotikPlaya View Post
I've heard it's not good to mix springs, but i had themall on the lowest perch with stock springs. On the lowest perch it will still lower a little bit, but not lose any ride quality. Yeah, let me know if you can't find yours, I been trying to sell mine anyways. How's the neuspeed springs ride?
For local drive, not that harsh...since I have to drive further and use FWY a lot more often, I would say if the road was smooth I can still tolerate the ride but on rough one...sometimes I wish I did not lower my car. Despite my experience with the supercup kit, most people here will tell you they like the ride on local or FWY...

FYI...I've only lower my car with this kit, haven't tried others kit..maybe other even worse?I have no idea. Or I'm just getting older and my perspective changed, so I opted for comfortable ride then looks. lol
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #6

anyone else have an input? I was thinking lowest perch for the front and middle perch for the back to make it less look like 4X4.
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #7

are you on the firmest setting?
fffuhq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffuhq View Post
are you on the firmest setting?
Right now the front are on the softest, the rear is 3/4 from full soft. I set up the rear that way when the kit was installed a few years ago and I found it was too bothersome to try to adjust the rear due to limited access to the shocks.

Once I change the spring, this is my chance to adjust the rear settings. I was thinking just do full soft since it will run on OEM spring. Thoughts?
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #9

you'd probably want to go on the softest setting on stock springs if you want a comfy ride. im about to do 1/4 firm and eibach pro kit
Old April 17th, 2012, 11:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuhendy View Post
anyone else have an input? I was thinking lowest perch for the front and middle perch for the back to make it less look like 4X4.
This. I want to do the same thing, but on the koni sports. Since apparently the sp3 has been discontinued.

I plan on getting the supercup kit at the end of the month.
carguysean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffuhq View Post
you'd probably want to go on the softest setting on stock springs if you want a comfy ride. im about to do 1/4 firm and eibach pro kit
Thanks, I figured it should be on the softest too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguysean View Post
This. I want to do the same thing, but on the koni sports. Since apparently the sp3 has been discontinued.

I plan on getting the supercup kit at the end of the month.
Yea, I heard they change it to regular KONI now with supercup kit. I'm still debating should I set both F & R on the lowest perch or the normal perch on the back and lowest perch on the front.
vtir likes this.
Old April 18th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #12

I would do lowest perch on front and regular in the back since the gap in the front is about 4.5 fingers and the back is 3. the lower perch is about 0.59 inches from stock so you should be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in