Camber kit on stock suspension - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:58 AM   #1

Camber kit on stock suspension

I brought my car in for an alignment and was told the shop was only able to get the specs close to factory settings because my LCA's were maxed out and I would need aftermarket adjustable. I'm on completely stock suspension, never done anything to it. Are these guys just giving me a load of crap or could there be another underlying problem? The car has a clean title and a CPO when I bought it from the dealership.
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:00 AM   #2

You should assume that no one knows your car and provide as much information as possible; where is the known problem/noise coming from? is is the front/rear, left/right, is there any uneven wear or tear that you can tell, sounds, and smell. Now, some of these question are some that you should be asking yourself and and for you to determine if they should be answered in the post.

I know everyone is going to be asking for more information such as any noticeable tire wear.

Having you stated your post, I will assume that you are referring to your rear since I've had a similar problem and was noticeable due to tire wear after XX K miles.

I had this issue on my rear right wheel from the factory when I went in for an alignment; I was also told my rear adjustment bolt was maxed out and needed rear camber kit. I decided not to do this at the time with OEM suspension but since I have aftermarket suspension on the car now, I decided to put front and rear camber kits on the car.

Normally, you would be able to tell that by looking at your tires and seeing uneven wear after so many miles.

Last edited by Wai_pang2; April 23rd, 2012 at 07:11 AM..
Wai_pang2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:06 AM   #3

If i where you, id just take it to another shop and get another tech to look at it.
v6accd7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:16 AM   #4

I take my car to firestone, it can depend on who it is. Then again dont tell them your experience because they may treat you or agree with them as well.
DCdonDubby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wai_pang2 View Post
You should assume that no one knows your car and provide as much information as possible; where is the known problem/noise coming from? is is the front/rear, left/right, is there any uneven wear or tear that you can tell, sounds, and smell. Now, some of these question are some that you should be asking yourself and and for you to determine if they should be answered in the post.

I know everyone is going to be asking for more information such as any noticeable tire wear.

Having you stated your post, I will assume that you are referring to your rear since I've had a similar problem and was noticeable due to tire wear after XX K miles.

I had this issue on my rear right wheel from the factory when I went in for an alignment; I was also told my rear adjustment bolt was maxed out and needed rear camber kit. I decided not to do this at the time with OEM suspension but since I have aftermarket suspension on the car now, I decided to put front and rear camber kits on the car.

Normally, you would be able to tell that by looking at your tires and seeing uneven wear after so many miles.
Yeah i didnt realize that i didnt put enough info there. It's only the rear, no sounds coming from it and some uneven tire wear in the rear. Front is fine just out of aligment. I'm just trying to figure out why/how my LCA's aren't adjustable enough for the stock suspension, my first thought was that my frame isn't straight and the car was in an accident and not reported. If this just happens I don't mind installing them, just wanted to make sure I'm not being lied to.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:31 PM   #6

Do you have the alignment specs that they gave you? If not, you should always ask for a printout when you have an alignment done.

Alignment racks need to be routinely calibrated; you should ask the tech when the rack was calibrated last.

There is a possibility that the rear subframe is off center, however, that would manifest itself as one side being in spec and the other side out of spec. If both sides cannot be brought within spec, I would think that the subframe is not the cause.
gwiffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #7

I went to get an alignment too on my 04 Accord Ex and they said that they couldn't get the specs perfect without the camber kit. So they aren't lying to you... I am planning on getting the front and rear camber kit anyways though because I am planning on lowering my car in the near future...
dirtrider41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in