Lowering questions? Confused. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #1

Lowering questions? Confused.

Okay so I'm at stock monster height right now and I hate it.. Iv been looking on the market for coilovers but I decided it was a bit too much for a car that is just a DD. so I moved onto lowering springs. I understand that I should change the struts as well. But I cannot seem to find springs that would give me a nice even drop. Nothing too low to where my rear wheel would be tucked or I'd have trouble going over speed bumps and etc...

And note that I will be getting a front lip so I have to keep that in mind when I want to lower jut enough to get over speed bumps.

I heard Tein s techs are a bit of a stiff.

I'm leaning towered the eibach sportline. But I'm worried that the rear tire will tuck.. And I don't want to.

And I heard h&r are pretty good but I haven't heard a lot about them

Also im wondering if most of you that got lowering springs, did the work yourself or wasn't too difficult?

And I'm mechanically inclined... So I'm not a totally newbie for cars. I just don't know much about wheels and suspension..
Flips_Accordv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #2
Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips_Accordv6 View Post
Okay so I'm at stock monster height right now and I hate it.. Iv been looking on the market for coilovers but I decided it was a bit too much for a car that is just a DD. so I moved onto lowering springs. I understand that I should change the struts as well. But I cannot seem to find springs that would give me a nice even drop. Nothing too low to where my rear wheel would be tucked or I'd have trouble going over speed bumps and etc...

And note that I will be getting a front lip so I have to keep that in mind when I want to lower jut enough to get over speed bumps.

I heard Tein s techs are a bit of a stiff.

I'm leaning towered the eibach sportline. But I'm worried that the rear tire will tuck.. And I don't want to.

And I heard h&r are pretty good but I haven't heard a lot about them

Also im wondering if most of you that got lowering springs, did the work yourself or wasn't too difficult?

And I'm mechanically inclined... So I'm not a totally newbie for cars. I just don't know much about wheels and suspension..
Tein H techs give a minor drop..You should look into those. I personally didn't like the h&r's as they were a bit to stiff for me. Sport lines are also great
7gv6coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #3

Okay so iv been researching. And I realize that I should change the shocks as well but decent shocks like koni yellows. Cost about 150 a piece. So it would all total up to almost 900$

I might as well get Tein basics.. Adjustable height and full coilovers. For about only 750$ ish ?

Is it too risky to put lowering springs on stock struts? I wouldnt be lower than 2" I would hope to be between 1.2"-1.75" ?

Old May 10th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #4
JDM UC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips_Accordv6 View Post
I might as well get Tein basics.. Adjustable height and full coilovers. For about only 750$ ish ?
this is your best move. don't be limited to lowering springs.

i drove on tanabe lowering springs w/ my oem shocks long ago. it was ok, but the ride would have been awesome if i changed out to better shocks.

coilovers is way to go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
toinkee69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #5

Check out the Neuspeed springs?
djham78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #6

Tein H Techs All Day No Issues just get aftermarket struts
naughtyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #7

But after market struts would run me about 400-500$ + 250$ for springs
I might as well buy the tein basics for 750...

Unless I can put springs on my stock struts with 87k on them. I don't think springs would be worth it..
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #8
M![email protected] \_(ツ)_/

Coilovers. It will allow you set the height at your preference without the worry of uneven wheel gap, reverse rake, etc. The inital investment may be high, but the total suspension package (e.g. full coilover or spring/strut combo like the Neuspeed Supercup Kit) will surely outlast a "spring on tired OEM strut" combo.
HEcreated487 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #9
Quicksilver

i have the S Techs, gave me a nice level drop, they are not much more stiff then stock, and I have KYB Struts. Bout all 4 struts on ebay for like $240, the springs were like $180. Ive been on this set up for almost 2 years, and they are still riding perfectly.

davesv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #10

^^are those struts specifically made for the accord? Id be kind of suspicious with eBay parts..
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #11
JDM UC1

i think your in the dark regarding shocks. KYB aint ebay shocks, they may be sold on ebay but it's a reputable company. and yes they do have a product specific for the accord.

shock manufacturers have different types of shocks for different use. KYB, tokico, bilstein, monroe, etc have shocks w/c are OEM replacements and some for performance. you have to look at their fleet to see what kind of shocks you need.

eg. is the tokico w/c has the blue, illumina, d-spec and HTS. you don't need to buy the most expensive ones, just the ones you need for your purpose. blue is a decent shock w/c will go good w/ lowring springs.

Tokico Performance Shocks - Aftermarket and OEM Shock Absorbers, Struts and Suspension

you don't need to spend close to $700 to get a good combo. i still stand by my opinion and get coilovers. you'll never go wrong w/ being able to adjust the height to your liking. after all you've decided what to get don't forget to purchase rear camber kits.
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #12

Yeah I know I'm terribly oblivious to suspensions and wheels. I'm a lot better with engines and etc..

I like that I can buy tein s tech springs for ~250$ and kyb struts for 180 on eBay. All For under 500.
Is it required to buy a rear camber kit? And why?

Thanks toinkee, a lot of this suspension stuff is confusing and the past threads never answered what I was looking for. Its very much appreciated!
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #13
JDM UC1

you need to get an alignment done after the intall of your lowering springs. your camber needs to be adjusted to factory specs. inorder to do that you'll need an adjustable camber kit. front will be ok, but the rear you'll deff need one. if you don't install a camber kit you'll see uneven wear w/ your rear tires, shortening their life span.
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #14

Alright thanks again!
Old May 10th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #15
Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by toinkee69 View Post
i think your in the dark regarding shocks. KYB aint ebay shocks, they may be sold on ebay but it's a reputable company. and yes they do have a product specific for the accord.

shock manufacturers have different types of shocks for different use. KYB, tokico, bilstein, monroe, etc have shocks w/c are OEM replacements and some for performance. you have to look at their fleet to see what kind of shocks you need.

eg. is the tokico w/c has the blue, illumina, d-spec and HTS. you don't need to buy the most expensive ones, just the ones you need for your purpose. blue is a decent shock w/c will go good w/ lowring springs.

Tokico Performance Shocks - Aftermarket and OEM Shock Absorbers, Struts and Suspension

you don't need to spend close to $700 to get a good combo. i still stand by my opinion and get coilovers. you'll never go wrong w/ being able to adjust the height to your liking. after all you've decided what to get don't forget to purchase rear camber kits.
couldnt of said it better.

Old May 10th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #16

I just went with the koni yellows an
H n R springs I was going with toikeco blues but every said not to koni was the best for lowering spring going in tues I'll let you know!!!!
Hondabob8o8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #17

And I'm mechanically inclined... So I'm not a totally newbie for cars. I just don't know much about wheels and suspension..[/QUOTE]

I personally think coilovers are easier to install than springs, I'm not a big fan of the whole spring compressing thing, but of you do coilovers and it's your first time, it's pretty time consuming to adjust, I have coilovers and I tuck in the rear, but I don't rub, I rolled and pulled the rear, and cambered it in so I don't have a problem, but speed bumps I have to drive slowly over.
soysauce49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #18
Frank

that's a good shock and spring combo.
i'm on stock shocks with neuspeed sport springs and the ride is almost stock. when the shocks go bad i'll probably get konis.

get the rear camber kit and an alignment and you'll be set.
post pics of your ride when you drop it.

which springs did u get, race, super sport or sport?

lowering the car is the best mod in my opinion, the car handles better and it looks 100% better.
06accordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #19

Any suggestions on rear camber kits? And is 150 the general price range for them? I know camber kits can go for well under 100$ for some cars but be 100+ for others..
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #20
JDM UC1

2003-2007 HONDA ACCORD WICKED REAR CAMBER KIT 2004 2005 | eBay

these will work just fine.
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #21

TEIN S.TECH LOWERING SPRINGS 03-07 HONDA ACCORD V6 | eBay

Are these legit?
Old May 11th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #22
Quicksilver

they seem to be. like i said i got mine on ebay for like $180 so thats a great price!! and doing the work yourself is easy! especially with springs because there is no adjustments needed to be level. trust me, do the work yourself, it will save you $$$ and its more satisfying!

Old May 11th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #23
Quicksilver

oh and i have the Wicked camber kit and it worked fine, and was alot cheaper then other camber kits out there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in