Couple questions - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #1

Couple questions

Im sick of my Eibach Sportlines, i hate the body roll i get. Unfortunately i dont remember how the stock suspension felt. Im considering moving back to the stock suspension for autocross.

Does anyone know the stock spring rates for the V6 6-speed coupe springs? Also does anyone know the Eibach Sportline spring rates?

Finally, does anyone make a polyurethane bushing kit for our cars?
Sold: 04' Accord 6-6 Coupe, 112k miles: Autocross STX season champion 2013.
Randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #2

Just called Eibach
Pro-kit springs: Front: 372in/lbs linear rate. Rear: 131-217in/lbs progressive rate
Sportline springs: Front: 343-400in/lbs progressive rate. Rear: 106-257in/lbs progressive rate

Anyone know the stock spring rates?
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #3

get the TL front sway bars. That should help with body roll. Your going to get even more body roll since oem springs will raise your center of gravity and its a bit softer.

Last edited by thisaznboi88; February 8th, 2013 at 02:06 PM..
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 8th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Bdub95 Send a message via Yahoo to Bdub95
I 2nd the TL sway bar to help. I cant imagine the Stock suspension would be better for autocross. I remember my stock suspension leaned like a thug in a Box Chevy on 24's.

Opps you aready have the Tl-S sway bar. I read your signature afterwards. I wish i could help besides say get you a good set of Coilovers.
Bdub95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #5

Ground Control - Coilover Conversion kit, 03-07 Honda Accord/ 04-08 Acura TSX

Currently thinking about getting a set of these
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #6

what shocks are u running? Blown shocks?
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
what shocks are u running? Blown shocks?
Stock yeah, they are probably blown out. I know i should upgrade them. I just spent $800 on new wheels and tires for racing, so im trying to get the best bang for my buck here. Konis are $550 for a set, where the ground control kit is $400. I think with the increased LINEAR spring rate of the GC kit would help alot, then i can get Konis next year or something.
Old February 16th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #8

Honestly if you can afford to spend in the $400-500 price range, I would highly suggest skipping the strut/lowering spring setup and just getting a good used set of Tein/Megan/BC coilovers, or a brand new set of F&F Type 1 Coils for just a little more (< $600 brand new) I love my Tein coils that I bought off of Mike - they had approx 25k miles on them, are serviceable by Tein, saved me hundreds buying used and ride as comfortable as stock but with the ability to raise/lower as I please.

'07 EX-L HFP V6 Coupe w/ Navi - "Tawonda"
Graphite Pearl / Black Leather
(Sold 7/26/17)

'17 Touring HFP V6 Coupe - "Bianca"
White Orchid Pearl / Black Ivory Leather
(Purchased 5/18/17)
DreaminAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaminAccord View Post
I would highly suggest skipping the strut/lowering spring setup and just getting a good used set of Tein/Megan/BC coilovers,
I would suggest not buying used since you are racing your car. The harder you are on the suspension the sooner it will need to be serviced. If you buy a used set for $400 and in a year you need them serviced for another $400 plus, where's the cost savings?
SoDakS2K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #10

I was kinda in the same situation here lately and this is what I can tell you. I was looking to mess with the suspension for autocross as well and my friend showed me this website Autocross to Win (DGs Autocross Secrets) - ATW Home Page. The guy who published this rebuilt shocks and basically says that koni's are the only way to go for our car. I came to this conclusion because he gives a list as to what is good and the only brand on that list that offers a product for our car is koni. I just installed my koni suspension lately and it is extremely flat in the turns and the rebound adjustment is supper sweet. People talk about it being nonleniar but I'm pretty sure koni has fixed that problem over time because from what I could see they were linear in adjustments. So in short besides getting the absolute stickiest tires your pax class will let you, these koni's are the best upgrade for autox.

On a side note when you put the koni's on the softest setting the ride is very smooth. Then you can dial it up and turn it into a monster.
lee0eel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 25th, 2013, 08:43 AM   #11

I definitely agree that new shocks will probably fix your problem. The stock suspension will not be better than the sportlines. I have konis and the pro kit. And it's so much better than stock. Also have the tl sway bars. You should probably replace shocks before going back to stock. I think you'll see a big difference.
KaotikPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #12
JDM UC1

i suggest you get koni shocks and pair it up w/ GC coilovers w/ higher spring rates. they have 5-7'' eibach springs from 200-2000 lbs/in spring rates. i used to have 550/500 lbs spring rates and made my car handle really well.
toinkee69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 25th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #13

Function and Form Type 1 are $500-$600, and come with 12kg/mm and 6kg/mm springs and a non-adjustable shock. The shock stiffness is set "in the middle" compared to the Type 2 (which use the same spring).

Ive made a decision to get 75A motor mounts before anything else. Mine are shot and its really annoying.
Old February 25th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #14

Sway bars won't fix the roll problem, I have sportlines with Koni Yellow. They're an interesting setup because progressive rates means if you plan your turn in light, it won't roll much b ut if you turn hard it will roll a lot.

You can go for a coilover setup, I don't think getting KONI yellow will solve the problem for you, or any other shock for that matter. Its the springs that are the issue, and your blown shocks aren't helping.
funkbro2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in