Shaking during vibrations - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #1

Shaking during vibrations

Ok so I really really can't put my finger on what's causing my vibrations under acceleration, while coasting, zero to no throttle car is nice and comfortable. Give it some gas, it starts vibrating. I saw Milan's thread where he debunked countless things. Great thread. My car feels unstable in the front, if I hit imperfections on the road I can feel what feels like the control arm moving excessively. Alot of the times to the point where it activates tcs until I'm done going over the imperfection. There's a few things I'm thinking. Mounts: but those were checked off as being fine. For now
Lca bushing/ compliance bushing. Idk how much shake this would cause but I have a feeling this might be the problem. I don't know what other bushing I should look into in the front
Tires: had them balanced, still shake, I think it has to do with the 235 on the stock 6 speed wheels which is 17x7 contributing to the problem, but I can't shake it being a lca problem. Please any input would help, axles seem fine to, doesn't make any noises when doing u-turn etc.
nismoasfuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Picture Perfect

My axles seemed fine too even after removed from the car but it was my driver's side that was the culprit.

My LCA bushings looked bretty beat but didn't solve the problem. Probably wouldn't hurt to replace them anyway though depending on how many miles you have on the car and from the other symptoms you describe.

The mounts could be pretty shot as lots of members have on the forum and I haven't heard of them contributing to the shaking you describe.

From what you describe, I would be inclined to say that it's your axle. Does it ever go away, like past 65MPH when you apply the gas?
Milan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #3
24th Gear

I had a similar problem with mine. I felt it in the steering wheel and the pedals. It felt like it was on the passenger side so I replace the PS axle. No change, ended up bein the DS axle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Accordguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 18th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #4

honestly, the passenger side seems to take more of the "hits" as in i mean the passenger being weaker. Also forgot to mention i definitely have blown shocks in the front, the fat tires as mentioned for sure don't help. i would say the shaking is more in slower speeds, but i have debunked that theory, because at highway speeds 60+ the shaking is still there. 6th speed, cruising..slight gas, shake! gawd its so annoying. I got under my car and tried to slide the **** out of the axles to see if they would move, lol i dont think thats a real good test but it seemed super solid. I also have a bent wheel in the rear, swapped them to the front, still shake, borrowed wheels/tires, shaking is still there. i just really hope it isnt the axles, cause i know the hassle of getting some good aftermarket ones. i would definately go oem but still, axles in general is such a tedious cost heavy thing.
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #5
Picture Perfect

The OEM 6-speed axles are actually quite cheap compared to the auto or even manual 4-cylinder axles. I got mine for $150 per side. Auto and 4-cylinder are as much as $600 for OEM.

How many miles?
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #6

Straight from Honda? That's a very doable price. Did you have them installed if so how much was the labor? My car has 102k saving up for the tb/wb job which is due in a couple months. Also I have huge symptoms of warped rotors.
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:40 PM   #7

Bump
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:05 PM   #8
Picture Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoasfuh View Post
Straight from Honda? That's a very doable price. Did you have them installed if so how much was the labor? My car has 102k saving up for the tb/wb job which is due in a couple months. Also I have huge symptoms of warped rotors.
Yeah, straight from Honda if you can someone to match or come close to Majestic Honda's prices. Shouldn't be too hard. I used to bring in a print out with the shipped price. Now I know a guy that gives me the best price without any hassles.

Installation is pretty easy. You will have to take the steering knuckle out of the lower ball joint. Use a pry bar to take the old axle out. The new axle slides in and has to be "popped" into place. I placed the head of a phillips screw driver into the dimple and hammered it into place.

Rotors are easy. Don't waste your money on fancy rotors if money is tight. I have been on Auto Zone rotors for the better part of 5 years. Buy the ones with a 2-year warranty. Any issues, you get new rotors, no questions asked. Haven't warped any yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan View Post
Yeah, straight from Honda if you can someone to match or come close to Majestic Honda's prices. Shouldn't be too hard. I used to bring in a print out with the shipped price. Now I know a guy that gives me the best price without any hassles.

Installation is pretty easy. You will have to take the steering knuckle out of the lower ball joint. Use a pry bar to take the old axle out. The new axle slides in and has to be "popped" into place. I placed the head of a phillips screw driver into the dimple and hammered it into place.

Rotors are easy. Don't waste your money on fancy rotors if money is tight. I have been on Auto Zone rotors for the better part of 5 years. Buy the ones with a 2-year warranty. Any issues, you get new rotors, no questions asked. Haven't warped any yet.
Thanks Milan! good to hear info i really appreciate it. Locally i hear alot of apparent good and bad "batches" of those 2 year warranty rotors. Fixing the rotors is definitely more top priority right now, because i know thats for sure a problem. lol but for the vibrations i really just dont know. must be either tires/blow shocks/axles/bushings.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:19 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Bdub95 Send a message via Yahoo to Bdub95
I too keep having issues with the axles on my car. Its soooooo aggrevating.
Ive replaced the passengerside 1st because it was actually broke. That worked out fine for the longest. then vibration came back. So we replaced the driverside. But had to put the old one back in because the one i got made the vibration even worse. So i got another driverside put it in Vibration is terrible. Finally just put the oem BACK in last weekend and the vibration pretty much stopped. BUT now the passengerside is making this AWEFUL popping/Clunking feeling when i make a left turn while accelerating. So here we go again..... I'm about Fed up myself. And my car isnt even that LOW!!!!
Bdub95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:42 AM   #11

Ya I had the vibration issue also...I had all the mounts replaced (Motor and Tranny) Pretty much all the front-end parts (tie rods inner and outer, all the control arms/ball joints so I also had new compliance bushings on the arms) it wasn't until I replaced both axles (they had ripped boots) that the shaking went away. It wasn't too expensive as I did most of the work myself and I'm a warehouse manager for an auto parts company so parts were cheap...at least everything I have on now has a lifetime warranty
Rushzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:43 PM   #12

Ughhhhh axles! Whyyyyyyyyy
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #13

Update: seems like vibrations actually do calm down past 65mph. Still there and noticeable just not as much as going through the gears
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #14

Bumpingw this one last time for more inout. Thanks
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #15

I remember when I had a very similar issue where while coasting, it would be smooth as butter but as soon as I step on the gas, it would shake violently. This turned out to be throw-out bearing issue.

I have no leads as to what is causing your front end to feel loose but my abs kicks on when ever I go over imperfection in the road while stepping on the brake with moderate pressure.
Wai_pang2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #16

I actually feel something moving when I hit imperfections. I guess it really
Is my axles. If the shaking calms down passed 65 is that sign of bad axles?
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wai_pang2 View Post
I remember when I had a very similar issue where while coasting, it would be smooth as butter but as soon as I step on the gas, it would shake violently. This turned out to be throw-out bearing issue.

I have no leads as to what is causing your front end to feel loose but my abs kicks on when ever I go over imperfection in the road while stepping on the brake with moderate pressure.
This is super interesting to me are you 4cyl or 5sp because I have a horrible shake out of second gear debunked everything brand new axles new intermediate shaft control arm bushings and all and while it's shaking I here what sounds to me maybe clutch chatter or throw out bearing curious to what your situation was
rickybobby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #18

Sorry 4cyl or 6cyl lol
rickybobby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #19
The name is Z

He had a 4 cyl 5mt that he converted to autotragic, iirc.

As for vibrations, when I run my 18's I get slight vibrations at highway speeds. Usually between 75 and 80 but I've been running my steelies the last few days and smooth as butter. So smooth in fact that I don't realize I'm doing 90+ unless I look down at my speedo. Tire issue for you OP, maybe?
CrackerTeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #20

Yea it probably is, like I've said the 235's on the stock 17x7's are definitely contributing to the shaking. But it's definitely something else. There's alot of noise coming from different components during acceleration
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #21
The name is Z

What tires? Suspension mods?
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #22

Suspension is bone stock. Blown shocks for sure in the front. I might just buy Koni yellows just for the front since they're on sale a little bit. But chances are I'll just but tokico blues and call it a day. Car nose dives when braking pretty badly. Either way besides knowing my front shocks are blown and that my brakes are warped and I have stupid tires, there is definitely something loose in the front. I swear if it's a transmission or diff problem I'll cry. Car makes noise while vibration is happening, sounded like the side skirt was just flapping but that wasn't the case
Oh and tired are 235/45 on 6 speed wheels
Old June 6th, 2013, 05:35 AM   #23
The name is Z

Well, the noise could be the rattles that our cars are notorious for. The vibrations just amplify it. As for your loose feel, its definitely those blown shocks and the wider tires may play a factor as well. I wouldn't be surprised if your tires are worn unevenly because of your blown shocks.
Old June 6th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #24

I feel like its much much more. Like axles/compliance bushing/ball joints mehhh well it'll be a while till I have funds to go picking at this. First thing first is my tv/wp maint
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #25

that thing is ANNOYING, same thing happened to me
ramsey1166 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2013, 01:57 AM   #26

And what were Ur symptoms/resolution?
Old August 18th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #27

update to this, i filled my compliance bushing with polyurethane. Literally just used a crow bar to pull up the control arm and just applied urethane all around. After the utherane was completely cured the car definitely shook and vibrated less on acceleration. But it was definitely still there. I also replaced both outer tie rods. Still, the vibration was there.

Next will be tires cause i need them regardless. Plus as mentioned i am on 235/45's on the stock 6 spd wheels. Should notice a difference there. If not i guess its axles/mounts/shocks

however, I'm going to tackle the cheapest things first, thats if i even keep the car to that point. Maybe this will be another thread confirming that axles are to blame for this notorious vibration under acceleration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in