Koni yellow adjustable perch setting - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KaotikPlaya
  • 1 Post By funkbro2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #1

Koni yellow adjustable perch setting

Hello everyone I had purchased koni yelow/ eibach pro kit spring combo for my 2006 4cyl coupe. i liked the height then but now i want to go a tad lower by setting the spring perch lower (20mm). Those of you who did this, did you run into any problems? I am afraid of blowing out these struts. I am at 1.4 drop fr/ 1.2 rear which would push me down to 2.2 fr and around 1.9 rear. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
fffuhq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 9th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #2
03 AV6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffuhq View Post
Hello everyone I had purchased koni yelow/ eibach pro kit spring combo for my 2006 4cyl coupe. i liked the height then but now i want to go a tad lower by setting the spring perch lower (20mm). Those of you who did this, did you run into any problems? I am afraid of blowing out these struts. I am at 1.4 drop fr/ 1.2 rear which would push me down to 2.2 fr and around 1.9 rear. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I own this exact combo, i am installing them on wednesday.

Injen CAI
Magnaflow CBE
UR Pulley
Richie's V3 J-Pipe
J35 Magnesium IM
MDX IM Spacer
P2R Thermal Gaskets
TB Coolant Bypass
Innovative 60A Mounts
Koni Yellows/Eibach Pro Kit
TL-S Rear Sway Bar
Neuspeed Strut Bar
hondav6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #3

i already installed them and they are pretty rad. i just want to go on the lower perch and was wondering if its safe for the struts

Old June 9th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #4

I would think so, I've heard of people running on the lowest perch. Either way the koni's are very reputable strut and you have lifetime warranty
nismoasfuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #5

I've had koni's and prokit for awhile. the lowest perch is actually only 15mm lower in the front. The rear top perch raises the rear 20mm and the bottom lowers it 15mm. I have the rear at stock perch and front at lowest perch. I cut the bump stop about 10 mm more. It's really a great stance. I have never had it bottom out and barely notice a difference between the two perches. I lowered the front about 5 months ago and no problems. There is a little more road feedback, but not much. The ride height is right where I want it. Handling is still just as good too. The ground control sleeves drop it even lower, so I don't see a 1.2-1.4 spring drop blowing a shock on lowest perch. I recommend it from my personal setup right now. Plus even if something happens, koni's lifetime warranty is amazing.
fffuhq likes this.
KaotikPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #6

thanks for the reassurance KaotikPlaya
Old June 9th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #7

Are you riding on fully soft for dd?
nismoasfuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #8

You should be fine with lower perch on Pro-Kit

I am at highest perch all around with Sport lines and almost tuck
fffuhq likes this.
funkbro2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #9

I ride 3/4 turn from soft rear, 1 turn from soft front. Perfect daily driver setting IMO
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #10

I got damper settings 1.6 turn from full soft in front and 1 turn from full soft in rear nismoasfuh for dd
Old June 10th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #11

What about camber adjustment? I bought eibach sportline springs, but I'm wondering if I'll get negative camber? I think my front control arms need replacing anyway, so if need be, I would just buy camber adjustable ones to replace.
vtec-power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec-power View Post
What about camber adjustment? I bought eibach sportline springs, but I'm wondering if I'll get negative camber? I think my front control arms need replacing anyway, so if need be, I would just buy camber adjustable ones to replace.
Front won't need anything.. natural camber from the drop should be around -0.7

Rear will need a camber kit to correct the toe and camber that will go off from the drop (highly recommended)

I wouldn't run full soft, somewhere between middle to hard. They are only rebound adjustments not bound, so really you're not making it "stiffer" just quicker response. The springs you have are pretty forgiving anyways and won't knock any fillings out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A S I M O
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #13

With the pro kit you shouldn't need a camber kit. It drops about the same as the HFP springs, and per those directions, you do not need to install a camber kit. I have natural camber and it is right where I want it. However, with the sportlines, you will need a camber kit in the rear, but like funkpro said, you won't need one for the front. Why would you think your front control arms need replacing? Are you sure it's not just the bushings, if there is even anything wrong with them? Symptoms? I've got a pretty good picture of the stance with the koni's and pro-kit, front on lowest, rear on stock with 18" wheels in thread. It's the pic of how it is now with the new wheels

Last edited by KaotikPlaya; June 10th, 2013 at 11:25 AM..
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaotikPlaya View Post
With the pro kit you shouldn't need a camber kit. It drops about the same as the HFP springs, and per those directions, you do not need to install a camber kit. I have natural camber and it is right where I want it. However, with the sportlines, you will need a camber kit in the rear, but like funkpro said, you won't need one for the front. Why would you think your front control arms need replacing? Are you sure it's not just the bushings, if there is even anything wrong with them? Symptoms? I've got a pretty good picture of the stance with the koni's and pro-kit, front on lowest, rear on stock with 18" wheels in thread. It's the pic of how it is now with the new wheels
The toe spec will still change, especially if he's going to lowest perch with those springs. Best way to be able to do a good alignment is to have the camber kit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A S I M O
Old June 10th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #15

Quote:
I took the car to my local dealership to perform the power steering hose recall and they mentioned that the bushings had a bit of play in them. I had a 98 civic a few years ago and to replace the bushing I had to buy the entire control arm, is it not the same with the Accord? I never got a chance to get under the car and look, I only had the car for a few months.
vtec-power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 12th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec-power View Post
I took the car to my local dealership to perform the power steering hose recall and they mentioned that the bushings had a bit of play in them. I had a 98 civic a few years ago and to replace the bushing I had to buy the entire control arm, is it not the same with the Accord? I never got a chance to get under the car and look, I only had the car for a few months.
You can replace only the bushings, Honda sells them individually. I recommend buying the entire arm if you're doing the job yourself. Be prepared to cut off at least a couple of the bolts that attach the lower arm to the frame.

99VTECCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 12th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
Quote:
Any drop will require an adjustable camber top arm on the rear. Front will be okay up to a ~2" drop.

99VTECCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 12th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #18

Per honda's HFP suspension instructions, it states does not need a camber kit, and the pro-kit and H-techs are about the same drop. I have the pro-kit at lowest perch in front, stock on rear, and my camber is just barely over. Also, have totally even tire wear. I've also read, it's better to get the ingall's two arm kit type, then the one arm upper. Much easier to adjust from bottom and get to specs. But it's pretty much personal preference to get and which kind of camber kit. With my drop I don't want or need one, just something that might come loose, when I get my coilovers, camber kits will be coming in same box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in