Tires You Have Ran Thread - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #1
The Jester

Tires You Have Ran Thread

Collection of good, bad, and autocross tires anyone?

Running Kumho Solus for all season street. Kicks out a little often on 2nd, all around good. Quiet around corners. Fine in wet.
205/60/16
Long wear time.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #2

225/45/R18 Falken 912 - Tires that feel cheap, and weren't even that cheap
225/40/R18 Yokohama S.Drive - Got for a much better deal than the 912, they didn't last long with my bad alignment but the grip was great. They were crazy noisy due to the feathering but the grip was so good. Very impressed by these tires. Wet weather was always good.
215/45/R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport - These tires are strange, they feel a lot smoother and more predictable than the S.Drive but they were more expensive, heavier and I don't feel like they have the same grip. They possibly have less grip since they're narrower but they do turn when I push it to turn, it just doesn't feel like it wants to when I do (maybe that is moment of inertia). The size is just perfect though, perfect balance of width and height for me. I'd probably try another type next time as well. They're not as good in wet as the S.Drives
funkbro2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 12th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #3
03 AV6 Coupe

(Stock 215-50-17)

Michelin Pilot MXM4 - Worst tires I have every owned. Terrible traction, wet and dry. Lasted 40K and I was happy they were needing to be replaced

Kumho Solus KH16 - Great tire for the money for a all season. Would recommend for daily driving.

General Altimax HP - Nice tire, however it didn't have the grip the Kumhos had. Treadwear was not the best though and the tire made more noise as it wore. Wouldn't purchase again.

Kumho Ecsta 4X- This is the best tire I have ever owned on a vehicle. Drives more like a summer tire than a high performance all season. Very inexpensive for the features. The tire has crazy grip and awesome treadwear for 108 bucks a tire! It is smooth, quiet and refined. Would recommend this tire to anyone.

Injen CAI
Magnaflow CBE
UR Pulley
Richie's V3 J-Pipe
J35 Magnesium IM
MDX IM Spacer
P2R Thermal Gaskets
TB Coolant Bypass
Innovative 60A Mounts
Koni Yellows/Eibach Pro Kit
TL-S Rear Sway Bar
Neuspeed Strut Bar
hondav6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 12th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #4
Function > Form

Here's some feedback from me, granted some of these tires were on another car.

Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S: amazing tires, although they can be pricey. Amazing grip in wet or dry and will handle snow with no problem (especially for front wheel drive cars) tire life is decent, as I got 45K out of my set

General Exclaim UHP: not as impressive as the Goodyears, but for the money they were nice. Not too noisy and great in the rain. These were on my aftermarket wheels so they weren't on for winter, but I did get caught in a few surprise spring snow storms, their snow traction was very iffy. This set also lasted about 45K

Kumho Solus Xpert KH20: great all season tire for the money. I bought this set (215/60 R15) for around $360 said and done, very quiet under normal driving, wet grip was good. Very good in the snow, never got stuck with these tires, even got me home without a hitch in the horrific blizzard from last winter.

Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid: nice tires, fairly quiet and decent response. Good in the rain, don't know how they will be in the snow yet, I'll know come November.

Falken Azenis PT 722 A/S: very good tires for the money. Fairly quiet, great in the rain and very responsive in wet or dry conditions. They are all seasons, but these won't see any snow use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Car guy/mechanic, Sonic fan and metalhead. loldiversity
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 13th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Destroyer of Tires

Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 (225/40/18) - Older model of Kumho, didn't get an alignment, grip and noise were moderate. Discontinued.
Kumho Ecsta SPT (225/40/18) - Replaced the Supra 712, didn't get an alignment, grip and noise were moderate. Slightly better than the Kumhos.
Nitto NeoGen (225/40/18) - Fairly quiet, rigid tire. High performance all-season tire that feels more like a summer tire.
Hankook Ventus V12 (215/40/18) - Great tire for the money. Quiet, pretty grippy, and affordable. Downside was that it had soft sidewalls. I developed bubbles in two of mine after six months of use.
BFGoodrich KD (225/40/18) - Grippy but noisy. Didn't get an alignment so they wore out fast.
POS Chinese no-name tires similar to General Exclaim UHP (235/35/19) - Noisy and cheap.
Nitto NeoGen (215/40/18) - See above. Stretch was weird on them but they held up nicely.
Falken FK452 (235/40/18) - Cheap, noisy, stiff tires. Did not last very long, grip was moderate. Not the biggest fan of them.
Continental ContisportContact 5P (245/35/18) - Grippy, quiet, and wide. Balanced nicely and were cheap for me.
Pirelli PZero Nero Rosso (245/35/18) - Not quite as nice as the Continentals. Both tires are fairly stiff though.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:05 AM   #6
The Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 (225/40/18) - Older model of Kumho, didn't get an alignment, grip and noise were moderate. Discontinued.
Kumho Ecsta SPT (225/40/18) - Replaced the Supra 712, didn't get an alignment, grip and noise were moderate. Slightly better than the Kumhos.
Nitto NeoGen (225/40/18) - Fairly quiet, rigid tire. High performance all-season tire that feels more like a summer tire.
Hankook Ventus V12 (215/40/18) - Great tire for the money. Quiet, pretty grippy, and affordable. Downside was that it had soft sidewalls. I developed bubbles in two of mine after six months of use.
BFGoodrich KD (225/40/18) - Grippy but noisy. Didn't get an alignment so they wore out fast.
POS Chinese no-name tires similar to General Exclaim UHP (235/35/19) - Noisy and cheap.
Nitto NeoGen (215/40/18) - See above. Stretch was weird on them but they held up nicely.
Falken FK452 (235/40/18) - Cheap, noisy, stiff tires. Did not last very long, grip was moderate. Not the biggest fan of them.
Continental ContisportContact 5P (245/35/18) - Grippy, quiet, and wide. Balanced nicely and were cheap for me.
Pirelli PZero Nero Rosso (245/35/18) - Not quite as nice as the Continentals. Both tires are fairly stiff though.
Your name appears to hold true. Between the gambit of 215 and 245 were there any time you would rate anything better than "Grippy"?
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:38 AM   #7

Achilles ATR 235-35-19 - Good Grip Dry..little less wet. Harder tire (maybe because 35 height)

ContiProContact - 245-40-19 - Good tire, Quite, grippy (wet and Dry) not sure price is warranted.

Nexen N300 235-45-17 - Garbage, hated them all around

Federal Evo's Summer Tire 235-45-17 . MY WINNER. Good Price, Grip, Wet and Dry. Low tread wear but does not wear as much as you would think. Softer Side wall for 1/4 mile. 1st gear spin greatly reduced! Really like the side wall tread design.
* Note- they run wide and lower. 235-45 = 245-40 *
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in