Debating on what coilovers to get.. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HEcreated487

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Hey. Hi.

Debating on what coilovers to get..

Hey guys, I'm currently running function form type 2s. They're on full stiff but just don't feel stiff enough. I've been considering buddyclub n+. Anyone used or currently using these?.. Or something just generally better than function form? Or if someone could direct me to somewhere in the forum that's addressed this.? Any input is appreciated.
Bigbossjerry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #2

Buddy's are good ****. Bc's are the best choice in most cases. Or amr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tcazes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:19 AM   #3
Hey. Hi.

They're gonna be used for freeway commutes and somewhat rough backroads so I need something that will hold up to some abuse. A friend of mine has n+ and they feel good but its on a 8th gen civic and his car is lighter than mine. And another buddy has bc and theyre crazy good. but they're on an mr2 spyder so its kind of hard to gauge a sense of how itd feel on my whale of a car lol.

Old August 21st, 2013, 01:35 AM   #4

Tein SS ?? Ksport?? Thats all I can think off lol
fredt98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:01 AM   #5
Carpe Diem

What's your budget like? Check out AMR coilovers, they are very well built.

I can't say I've ever heard anyone say F&F coils were not stiff enough; usually it is the exact opposite.
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:15 AM   #6
The name is Z

Funny you mention that Ike. I'm looking at upping the spring rates on mine.

OP, tcazes hit the nail on the head. Functions are more budget oriented and won't keep up with those mentioned. If you are mostly using the car to commute, functions work fine and so does most anything else on the market. If you're looking to push your car harder, go with what was already mentioned or up your spring rates like I'm thinking of doing.
CrackerTeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2013, 07:51 AM   #7

Tien is over priced for what they are imo. To bouncy. Amr is some amazing quality. Bc has covered the market from ultra slammed to racing. Hell go ksport even if you want and put bags on them bastards and ride however soft or hard you want. My Megan's do awesome. I could use slightly stiffer rates but I'm super anal about ride quality and if I am satisfied with them on our terrible roads of south Louisiana I'm pretty sure you will be good. With any I listed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tcazes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2013, 03:49 PM   #8
Hey. Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerTeg View Post
Funny you mention that Ike. I'm looking at upping the spring rates on mine.

OP, tcazes hit the nail on the head. Functions are more budget oriented and won't keep up with those mentioned. If you are mostly using the car to commute, functions work fine and so does most anything else on the market. If you're looking to push your car harder, go with what was already mentioned or up your spring rates like I'm thinking of doing.
Yeah they're cool for commuting, when I drive drive though, the rears are cool, stiff as sh!t. It's just the front that's a bummer.
Old August 21st, 2013, 05:39 PM   #9
M![email protected] \_(ツ)_/

If you are looking for longevity/life span of the product, I would suggest AMR. High quality and no blown shock in 8+ years, including race/track/offroad abuse. The ride quality is on the stiff side for daily commute, but they certainly feel solid.
Bigbossjerry likes this.
HEcreated487 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 24th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #10
Hey. Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEcreated487 View Post
If you are looking for longevity/life span of the product, I would suggest AMR. High quality and no blown shock in 8+ years, including race/track/offroad abuse. The ride quality is on the stiff side for daily commute, but they certainly feel solid.
Been waiting for this exact answer thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in